Author's Chapter Notes:
So this is the end. I don't even know what to say other than thank you to everyone who read and especially to those who left reviews! Thank all of you so much! I really really hope you liked this story, and without further delay, i give you the epilogue :) (and please leave me a review or two for this final chapter! I'd love to read them!)
One Year Later


Feet pounded the pavement in a sexy strut, the edge of each heel striking the cement with painful pierces.

The girl stood tall against the summer air, the freedom of the night ringing about her ears as the wind twirled playfully with her hair. The roaring engines behind her added to the excited murmur of the crowd that broke a quiet night’s silence, and the starlit sky twinkled back at Buffy as she smiled to the open midnight.

Red tipped toenails, thin little straps choking her ankles, Buffy tapped her dressed up foot three times before she hauled the flag down in a rush and engines gunned.

The two cars reverberated as they sped straight by her, almost skimming the belt loops of her jeans. She didn’t even flinch.

Buffy loved starting races, had ever since the first time she’d done it about eight months ago.

She turned around to smile at her friends, the faces of Oz, Fred, Wesley, Anne, Gunn, Cordelia, Faith. And Spike.

Her boyfriend of a year ran by Buffy to scoop her into a hug, he lifted her up and spun her around. Their mouths met quickly and eagerly, their tongues intertwining as if magnetized.

“Had to touch you,” Spike rasped in explanation.

She nodded against his lips, “I’m glad.” Then she dived back in.

Their relationship had blossomed over time, and it was going strong. They’d had fights, they’d cried and been through a lot over the past year, but all of the good outweighed the bad. Nothing ever came up that had threatened their love; nothing because nothing could. Nothing would.

When Spike’s father remarried, Buffy had been there. When Joyce had gotten sick and had to go through surgery, Spike had been there. When Willow and Tara had gone public about their relationship, Spike and Buffy stood a united front of support for the couple.

Everything, from the fight with Charles when Spike told him he didn’t want to go to college, to the huge blow up Buffy and Dawn had gone through when Dawn started hanging out with a much older boy. They’d helped each other. Spike threatened the boy going after her little sister, and Buffy calmed down his dad while supporting her boyfriend’s decisions.

Their senior year of high school had proved tedious, but they’d stuck with each other through it all. When the mass of girls who weren’t particularly close to Buffy made passes at Spike, her jealousy had threatened to overwhelm her. Except Spike never even paid the girls mind, he didn’t want anyone but Buffy.

Something which he made very clear every time his own possessiveness raged because of all the male attention she received at school; but he never had anything to worry about either, as Buffy made a public point that she was very unavailable to anyone who wasn’t Spike.

The Summers girl had helped her boyfriend with studies, even when he argued with her about it. In the end, he’d graduated right alongside her and her friends. Willow and Tara and Anya all planned on going to a nearby college together, and Xander was following to find work at one of his uncle’s construction sites right by the campus.

Buffy’s plan to start her own business in Moon Stream had changed a little bit. About four months back a new arrival had come to town, a woman named Andrea Perry. She was a professional photographer, had been all over the world with her camera. She moved to Connecticut to settle down and open her own store, the same type Buffy had wished to establish.

Instead, Buffy found herself working for Andrea, and the professional was teaching the teenager everything she knew. She’d taken an instant liking to the Summers girl, and now Buffy had a nice little job and was working towards saving up money until she could open up her own store.

Or buy Andrea out, since the woman said that once she got married she’d rather stay at home, or at least only own half of the store herself.

Buffy was happy waiting, for whichever would happen when it came to the whole photography store thing.

Spike was still at the body shop, but now he was head mechanic, and Jim’s favorite at the place. The owner had said numerous times he planned on offering a partnership to Spike once the boy was past the age of twenty-one, if Spike was still around.

Which he planned to be. Dropping his precious cargo down to rest on her feet, he pulled away from Buffy and went to nibbling and kissing her throat.

“Mmm, Spike.” She spoke breathily, her eyes sliding shut at the feel of his tongue as he left what she was sure was a hickey. “Don’t you start something you can’t finish, Big Bad.”

She chuckled at his growl, and then Spike pulled back. “Who says I can’t finish? I think I’m very capable.”

She shook her head but smiled. “Not right now you can’t... We’re in public.”

Spike smirked. “Wasn’ a problem couple f’weeks ago…” He nuzzled his nose into her hair.

Buffy blushed from her toes to the top of her head, remembering their little rendezvous on the last day of school in the janitor’s closet.

That was the wildest and riskiest move she’d made with him. It was incredibly rampant and they’d almost gotten caught.

Oh but it was so, so worth it.

Before Buffy could really think about how to get to a secret place with Spike so they could have some time alone, Cordelia’s voice called out. “Hey lovebirds, you gonna detach anytime soon or will I have to throw down the flag for the next race?!”

Buffy laughed at Spike’s sigh of annoyance.
“No Cordy, it’s okay I’m on it!”

Spike pouted down at her. “Why are you ‘on it’? Let someone else wave the bloody flag.”

She quirked an eyebrow. “If I’m not mistaken, you’re in the next race.”

Spike blinked. “Oh. Right.” He pressed his forehead to hers then and smiled. “Let’s get ready, shall we?”

Buffy nodded, grinning at her boyfriend’s lecherous look. He’d told her before how much he loved watching her ‘wiggle her little rump’ as she walked to the front of his car and started a race.

She loved it, too.

And so, just like she did at least once every week, Buffy waited for her boyfriend and his opponent to get inside their cars. Then she approached the front of them, swishing her hips a little more purposefully for Spike’s benefit, and spun around. She smiled at the two drivers, winking at her guy before raising the flag above her head.

Her foot tapped five times. Then with a fast yank of the arm, the vehicles were off, Spike shouting out his love to his girl through the open window as he drove by. Buffy blew him a kiss and waited for the race to end, yelling her cheers louder than any other person in the bellowing crowd.

She smiled.

This summer, just like the rest of their lives, was only getting started.

THE END


Chapter End Notes:
~And YES, they DID live happily ever after.~

*Hugs and smoochies to all you readers!*