Author's Chapter Notes:
I am so happy you guys are enjoying this story, being that it's my first I'm still incredibly nervous about it and i REALLY hope you guys continue 2 enjoy it!! Anyways, this is chapter 8. There is fluff on the way (along with more protective Spike in future chapters *grins* ) and since Buffy is a virgin in this story, the smut will be slow in it's progression, but it will happen, I promise! Anyway hope you like this one! :)
He didn’t know if it was possible to turn to dust, but he sure as hell felt like he could after she kissed his hand and looked at him like THAT. Spike wasn’t actually aware of the fact that he needed to breathe until his lungs started burning. The Brit sucked in a shaky breath and exhaled slowly.

“So, uh… how’d you find me?”

He didn’t hear her.

“Spike?”
“Oh, what? Sorry, what was that?”
“How’d you find me?”
“Oh…” Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! “I uh… as I said my plans were cancelled so I thought- I thought… I’d check out this carnival you were so hyped up about and… I saw you. When I walked by, I saw you through the window and I… Well I-”
“Snapped?”
They both laughed a little. “Yeah, guess I did.”
Buffy turned her head. “Thank you for what you did… besides the saving me thing. I don’t want to- to tell his parents or the cops but that doesn’t mean he didn’t deserve… You, um… It was…” She sighed and smiled, desperately trying to regain control of her mouth.

Spike tilted his head and smiled in adoration at her stammering. She was just too bloody cute.

Buffy bit her lip and looked him in the eyes. “No one’s ever done anything like… Well, ya know. Thank you.” She waved her hand in the air shyly, pink tingeing her cheeks.

She took the napkin away from her face to put some new ice in it.

Spike was glowing with pride.

When she looked back at him the teen rolled her eyes. “Okay, it was amazing, Spike....” She spoke teasingly. “But only because I’m surprised you could even take Riley. He’s a big-”
“He’s a ponce who looks like some stupid football playin, farm boy. Wasn’t even a challenge.” He spoke offended.
“Oh, I’m sure.” She giggled.
Buffy thought it funny that Spike actually nailed Riley right on the head with his description. “So, what made you come here tonight? Even if your plans fell through I could see this being the last place you’d wanna be.”
Spike smirked and looked around. “Well, it is rather… happy, init it?”
“I think you’re the only person in the world who can make ‘happy’ sound like a bad word.”
“It’s a gift.”
“Okay well, if this place is so ‘happy’, what made you come?”
Spike stared at the ground searching his mind for a good answer. A believable answer…
Sod it! “Well, I- We never got to finish our argument s’all.” There, that was the truth. Mostly.

Buffy’s face fell. “And you felt the need to… finish it?”
“Well- I hate not havin the last word!”
“Oh my God, what are you, twelve?”
“Ha! You’re one to talk.”
“Excuse me, I am not twelve!”
“Nine then?”
“Hey! A little sympathy for the girl with a swollen face here.”

Spike’s face turned solemn then. “M’sorry…” He looked into her beautiful, iridescent eyes and felt himself drowning in them. He’d come to this bloody carnival looking to piss Buffy off, but all he wanted to do at this point was… well, NOT piss her off. “Look. You wanna just… You wanna start over or somethin?”
Buffy raised her brows. “You mean like a… clean slate?”
“Yeah.”
She seemed to think about it for a minute, scrunching her face in the most adorable manner before nodding. “Deal.”

They both smiled.

Spike‘s original plan to push Buffy’s buttons and drive her crazy was quickly squashed when he saw that bastard hit her. Sure, Spike figured if they got closer, which he hoped they would, there would be arguments. And again, Spike was kind of looking forward to them, but not now. He didn’t want her to be angry at him and he didn’t want to drive her completely bonkers.

Not right now anyway.

Oh, but he still had plans to delve into her… less uptight side. Or more uptight side, whichever cage he could rattle that would get a rise out of her.

“Hey Buff.”

The blondes turned to face Xander and Anya.

Spike recognized them from the diner that other night. The girl had long blonde hair, lighter than Buffy’s, and a bright smile. The guy had short dark hair, and was proudly sporting a Hawaiian shirt that Spike wouldn’t be caught dead in. Both the teens looked about his age.

“Oh, hi guys. Um, Xander, Anya, this is Spike.” Buffy gestured.
“Hey man.”
Spike nodded his head in greeting.
“Oh, wait! You’re the hot stranger guy from the diner!”
“Anya!” Xander snapped then sighed, putting his hand to his forehead.

Spike looked at Buffy. “’Hot stranger guy?’”
She blushed as her green eyes doubled in size. “No! Just- No one! No hot guy of any kind…” She looked at Anya. “Right, Anya…” Buffy spoke in a warning tone.

“What, it’s him. You are him aren’t you?”
Buffy sighed and then, quite simply, gave up. “For the love of- Yes, Anya this is the same guy we saw at the diner the other night.” She answered her tactless friend’s question.

Spike was still eyeing a blushing Buffy but decided to give her a break this time. He answered without turning his head. “Yeah, I saw you blokes at that place called Greg’s, right?”

Buffy turned wide-eyed to see Spike smirking at her. She was surprised he’d remembered her from Greg’s.

Xander spoke after a minute. “So… you’re William then, right?”
Spike looked to Xander then back at Buffy questioningly.
“Oh. I- I told them about you after I met you the other day at your house. Ya know, when you stormed out all, ‘I don’t have time for anybody.’”
Spike groaned and rolled his eyes. “Yeah, I’m him.” He looked to Xander again.
“Okay…” Xander sat down and eyed Spike thoughtfully. “Well, you don’t seem to be rude right now so… Anyways, Buffy, why’d you call- Hey, what happened to your face?”
Xander asked when he saw her pulling a newly ice packed napkin up to her jaw.

“That’s why I called you guys.”
“What happened?” Anya asked concerned as she sat down.
“Riley.”
“What’d he do?” Xander asked, his temper rising.
“Hit me in the jaw.”
Xander stood in a huff with slits for eyes. “Where is he?”
“Xander, it’s okay-”
“The hell it is! The first time I let it go because you said to, but now Buffy-”
“Xander! It’s okay… Spike took care of it.”
The brunette looked at the bleached teenager then back at Buffy. “Huh?”
“The bloke got a taste of his own medicine s’all” Spike answered.
“Are you gonna be okay?” Anya asked tentatively as she put her hand on Buffy’s arm.
Buffy smiled. “Yeah, I’ll be fine.”
Xander sat again. “So… William-er, Spike here, he stopped Riley?”
“If he hadn’t come- Well, I don’t know. I’m just glad he was there.”
Xander looked to Spike. “Please tell me you broke something.”
“I think I got the nose.”
“I can live with that.” He relaxed a little and took a deep breath. “So, you ARE reporting it this time, right?”

“No. And I’m not telling mom either. He was drunk again and I don’t want to-”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. You don’t want to get him into trouble because he probably won’t even remember this tomorrow and it wasn’t his fault. Blah, blah, blah, we know. We won’t say anything.” Anya smiled.

Buffy gave a thankful nod.

Xander went to object but Anya gave him a warning glare. The brunette slumped and groaned in aggravation before speaking in a serious tone. “If he comes near you again, Buffy-”
“He won’t.” Spike growled his interruption.

Xander nodded slowly as he stared at the bleached teen. The guy seemed protective of his friend. Xander liked him already. “You’re right.” He turned to Buffy. “He won’t.”

“I’d be willing to inflict some vengeance on him on your behalf if you’d like me to.” The blonde grinned.
Buffy’s mouth curved into a smile. “No thanks, I’m good Anya.”

***

Buffy and her friends stayed at the picnic table a little longer just talking, it was almost eight and the carnival wouldn’t be over for hours. Buffy wanted desperately to just stay and have fun; she wanted to forget what had happened. It wasn’t like she was emotionally scarred or anything, Riley was just an ass. After they sat for a while Xander asked if the group wanted to do some dancing.

Buffy immediately accepted, as did Anya, and Spike jumped at his chance to finally dance with Buffy. The song was Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae, fast and fun. Xander and Anya quickly jumped on the dance floor and got into the song. And as soon as Spike had Buffy in front of him, he pulled her flush against his body, and while he may have been moving to the music, his mind was shooting off fireworks as Buffy swayed close to his body. He really wasn’t aware of anything else except the feel of her against him.

Oh, he was in trouble, but he was readily and happily starting to accept it.

***

Buffy decided that, you know what, who cared if Spike was a jerk before? He saved her and they had agreed to start over, so she was going to flirt her little butt off! This boy was hot and genuinely a good person, what wasn’t to like? And he was a good dancer, too.

She decided that if he was a bad boy, maybe she could change that. At least a little bit… She wasn’t yet ready to admit that the whole rebel thing was sooooo turning her on.

And this dirty dancing stuff? She’d already blocked out what Riley had said to her, but if anything, he made her want to do it even more. Spite was a funny thing. Besides, she liked it… especially with her current partner.

Man, Patrick Swayze had had the right idea!

Buffy briefly wondered if Spike would call her Baby sometime before the night was over.

***

After dancing through three songs, a slow one started to play. Spike let out a contented sigh when Buffy turned around and put her hands around his neck and leaned into him. He quickly placed his arms around her waist. The bleached seventeen year old felt like he was flying.

Buffy let out a slow breath when Spike’s hands went around her waist, she wasn’t sure if he would want to do a slow dance. Thank God he did! She smiled shyly up at him as they moved to the music.

Think of something to say! Think!

“So how long’ve ya lived here?”

Buffy let out an inward sigh of relief when Spike started the conversation before she answered him. “Three years. We moved here after my dad died.”
“Oh. I’m sorry.”
“No it’s fine. My dad wasn’t really a part of my life… He um, left us money in his will and that’s when we decided to move here.”
“I see… I’m sorry I brought it-”
“It’s fine.”

Oh good job, ya wanker. Bring up a painful memory, that’ll get her to warm up to you!

“Spike? D’you hear me?”
“Huh?”
“I asked you if you were okay. Ya know, from before? The fight?”
“Oh, sorry love, yeah. I’m alright.”
“I just realized that Riley really didn’t get too many good hits on you did he? The only part of you that’s messed up is your hand, and that’s only cuz you we’re altering Riley’s face with it.”

Spike did this thing with his tongue and Buffy thought she just might fall over. Damn, he was sexy. “The wanker didn’t get too many good hits in, no.” He leaned down to whisper in her ear. “Don’t tell anyone but, I’m inclined to think it had somethin to do with the alcohol.”

Buffy giggled and Spike’s heart warmed at the sound.

“Probly. But ya sure you’re okay?”
“Fine, love.”
“Good.”
A beat.
“So… what were your plans before you came here?”
“What d’you mean?”
“Well, you said your plans got cancelled… Unless you were lying about going out before?” Buffy gave him a cocky smile. Could she have been right in their earlier argument?
“No, I wasn’t lyin, pet, so you can wipe that cute lil look off your face. Like I said, things got cancelled.”
“Well, what things were they?”
“Nosy lil thing aren’ you?”

She mentally kicked herself. God Buffy, could you be more childish? You’re starting to act like Dawn! “Oh… I’m sorry.” She looked down at his black covered chest. “I didn’t mean to stick my nose in where it doesn’t belong. It’s none of my-”
“It’s okay, was just jokin, Goldilocks.”
Buffy exhaled with relief. “Oh. Okay.”

A beat.

“So… what um, were your plans then?” Buffy didn’t know why she was so curious, but he said he was just joking a second ago so she figured she could ask again.
“Well… nothing you’d really know about. Just… hanging with some pals of mine s’all.”
Buffy arched a brow. “Then why does it sound like you weren’t just planning on ‘hanging’?”
It was Spike’s turn to arch a brow. “Well, we wouldn’t have been goin to Greg’s for milkshakes if that’s what you’re thinkin.”
“What would you be doing?”
“Do you really wanna know?” Say yes. Say yes. Say YES!

Buffy looked at him for a moment. There were a LOT of double meanings to that question, probably triple the amount of stylish yet affordable boots she had in her closet. She saw the sparkle in his eyes and the smirk he was giving her was deadly. If she had had any doubt that this boy was bad before, she didn’t now. She could just tell by the way he was looking at her that he was definitely not the kind of person she had ever met before. He was a bad boy, her gut was screaming it! And he wasn’t the kind of bad boy that just drank with his buddies every night and then got high. There was something almost… sophisticated about the way he was insinuating he was dangerous. He’s not an ordinary person, she thought. And it thrilled her.

She didn’t want to like him, this rebel. But she could no longer tell herself that she wasn’t attracted to the bleached devil in front of her. And after the whole Riley incident, she trusted him. She trusted a seventeen year old bad boy who she barely knew.

And she liked him.

Buffy threw her rules out the proverbial window and smiled.
“Yes.”

Spike grinned. It looked like he would get to introduce this little angel to the dark world around her sooner than expected. And that was fine with him. He leaned in to whisper in her ear.

“Buffy, how would you like to try on my world?”

Buffy’s heartbeat quickened and she had to swallow hard to moisten her suddenly dry mouth. His voice was just- Oh God! And his breathing was focused on a sensitive spot beneath her ear. She felt a shiver of desire race through her body. How did he do that just by whispering in her ear? Seriously?! “What?”

The song ended and the blonde duo looked toward the speakers. Suddenly a much more dance-y beat flooded the air around them. Buffy went to pull away and Spike tightened his grip on her waist, pulling her in close once again. He looked her right in the eyes with his forehead placed against hers as he spoke.

“How would you like to experience something less average? Less… vanilla?”
“Vanilla?”
“I live in a different place than you do, pet. How would you like to see it? See MY life? See how I…” He leaned in to nip at her earlobe “Have fun?”
She gulped. “Um… what do you mean, ‘see’?”
“I can show you. If you think you’re ready.” He moved his forehead to rest it back against hers.

Buffy bit her lower lip and Spike had to repress a groan. Between that damn lip of hers and the way she was pressed right up against him, he was struggling for control. He really hoped she would say she was ready for him. He wanted her to be a part of his world, to love it like he did. He knew she would, she just had to give it a chance- Suddenly, Buffy looked up and locked eyes with him.
“Show me.”

It was a harsh whisper. He barely heard it, but when he did, he did what he had wanted to do ever since he’d first laid eyes on her. His mouth met hers in a fierce and sudden move. He kissed her with a burning ardor. He nibbled that notorious lower lip and prayed she wouldn’t stop him.

Buffy’s eyes widened at first, but soon she let herself fall into the magic that was Spike’s lips.

Spike moaned, pulling her in tighter and closer when she returned the kiss. She tasted sweet and heavenly; her lips were soft and coated in a strawberry balm that made his mouth water.

They kissed in between pulsating bodies, with the smell of alcohol, sweat, and summer air wafting around them. There was a breeze which failed to cool their slick skin. Their lips tangled with each others. They nipped and teased. When Spike slid his tongue gently over her bottom lip asking for entrance, Buffy’s lips parted and the pair deepened the kiss.

Her arms swung around his neck and pulled him down to her even further. Spike lifted her off of her feet, pulling her as close as humanly possible to his body. His arms were wrapped around her tiny frame in a strong hold. When they finally parted for air, their gazes locked and stayed that way until someone bumped into them causing Spike to drop Buffy back to standing on the floor.

Spike swallowed and looked down at the golden girl in front of him. “Wanna sit down?” He spoke breathlessly.

Buffy simply nodded, not quite able to speak yet. She allowed herself to be pulled to a nearby bench, safely secluded behind a few large trees.

When Buffy sat, Spike stood before her holding her hand in his. She had no idea just how badly he wanted to keep holding her hand. He never wanted to let go.

She looked up at him.

He bent down to kiss her tenderly on the lips, and then on the back of her hand. The leather clad teen gazed- yes, GAZED –into her glimmering eyes. He pushed a strand of hair away from her face and behind her ear, softly caressing her cheek as he pulled his touch away. “I’ll see you tomorrow, love. Thanks for the dance.”

Spike winked at Buffy and walked away, duster flowing in the wind.

The blonde girl put a hand to her mouth and lightly touched her lips. “Whoa…”


Chapter End Notes:
I offer fast posting, HUGE thanks yous, and whipped cream covered Spike's for all those that read and review! :D I love you all and I also love to know what your guys' thoughts are, so don't be shy! Have a good one everybody, hope you enjoyed!!