Author's Chapter Notes:
Again thank you guys so much for all the support! It's so amazing to get all these reviews :-) Hope you all had a wonderful new years eve and are enjoying your holidays. I'll be going away for a few days on Saturday so if possible I'll try update before then. Anyway you guys rock! Enjoy :-)
Buffy sighed and rested her head against the back of her cushy seat. Another huge perk of being a movie star’s assistant, first class all the way. She looked over at Spike who was currently taking a tablet. He hated flying, always saying it made him feel “bloody awful”. He rested his head against the chair and sent her a wink.

“See you in four hours love.” She raised a brow.

“You’re actually going to pass out?” He nodded enthusiastically.

“Bloody brilliant stuff, my doctor gave me a prescription for it a few years back when Dru and I went to Peru, was out like a light for the whole thing, didn’t even know where I was until the next day.”

“Think you can spare me some? My mother’s going to drive me nuts.”

“Come on I’m sure she’s a right fine bird.”

“I don’t understand you when you talk like that.” He rolled his eyes.

“What I mean is she can’t be all bad if she managed to raise two girls like you and the niblet.” Buffy kept her eye roll in check; he wouldn’t be saying that if he’d been able to see the tantrums and screaming fits that went on in the Summers’ house during the teen years.

“I know, I’m amazing, but that doesn’t mean she won’t start going nuts about the fact I’m not the one in white standing in front of that altar.”

“Well if all else fails we’ll tell them we’re shagging.” He wiggled his eyebrows at her and she laughed before giving him a light slap to his arm.

The plane began to move and Spike grabbed her hand. Shocked she sat there stunned as he held her dainty manicured fingers. He looked ready to flee the plane altogether but she couldn’t help but focus on the electric sparks shooting up her arm at the contact.

~/~ Four Hours Later ~/~

Buffy blinked her eyes open as she heard the pilots voice come over the speaker system. Half an hour until they were due to land, she clipped her seatbelt on and reached over to do Spike’s. She bit her lip and tried to manoeuvre the belt without touching anything that would make her blush. She quickly yanked one side out from the seat and slid her hand around his waist to get the other side. As she was clipping them in the middle his voice startled her.

“What you doing baby?” She dropped the belt as if it had burnt her.

“Dru we can’t do that,” His eyes were still closed and a lazy smile graced his face. Buffy dropped her head. Of course he was thinking about Drusilla.

She shook him awake, probably a little rougher than was necessary. He rubbed his eyes and looked at her, his expression dopey.

“Buffy, what’s wrong?”

“We’re about to land; you have to put your belt on.” She pushed the feelings of jealousy and sadness away and smiled.

~/~

An hour and a half later and Buffy was standing in her old room, the striped green and white wallpaper staring back at her. She placed her suitcase on her armchair and looked over to Spike. She knew where this was going. There were a total of three beds in the Summers’ home; her mothers, Dawn’s, and her own. It was clear that the sleeping arrangements had been orchestrated by Dawn.

“So pet where am I sleeping?” Buffy turned to face Spike with a sheepish expression.

“Well, due to the lack of bedding in the house you’ll probably be sleeping here, in this bed, with me, I mean I can sleep on the couch of course, what was I thinking? You’re the guest you should get the bed. Sorry, my brain is just all squishy from the flight and I’ll just grab some things and go.” She could have killed herself at the amount of verbal diarrhoea flowing from her mouth.

“You’re nuts.” She had to agree “Sleep in the bed I’ll take the couch.” She went to protest but her mother bet her to it.

“Nonsense Spike you’re the guest in our house, you take the bed. Besides Buffy your father will be on the couch so that’s taken, goodnight you two.” She closed the door behind her and Buffy took a deep breath.

“O.K well we’re both adults here, not like it’s a slumber party and I’ve snuck you in through the window.” Spike raised a brow and smirked.

“Naughty girl, does this mean there’s no pillow fights?” Buffy gave him an irritated look and he held his hands up in surrender.

She fidgeted with the sleeve of her top for a few moments before unzipping her bag. She looked the garment over, nothing too sinister. It was a black satin nighty, she was sure he’d seen kinkier. She turned and smiled awkwardly before moving to the adjoining bathroom. She knew it was stupid and that they would most likely be asleep within five minutes but she couldn’t help sweeping some mascara across her lashes and fluffing her hair.
When she opened the door her breath caught in her throat. Spike was standing there in all his glory; he looked up and quickly grabbed a pillow from the bed.

“Buffy!”

“Ah, Sorry I shouldn’t have…been in my room.” She resisted the urge to slam the door shut and hop into an ice cold shower, instead she put her other clothes on top of her suitcase and dutifully looked the other way as Spike slipped some pants on.

She turned around and smiled before walking over to the bed.

“So that didn’t freak you out then?” He eyed her warily, pulling back the covers.

“Please Spike I was working for you when your costume was a sock, its fine.” She tried to hold back the blush at the image of him in her head…every little…well BIG bit of him.

He nodded and they both got into the queen size bed. Buffy tentatively flicked the lamp off and remained still; she didn’t think she could remember a time when she was this stiff in her own bed. Spike sighed.

“Buffy I can sleep somewhere else.” She looked over at him, moonlight casting light through the window.

“It’s fine Spike, really.” She smiled and let her body relax. She could do this…maybe. It would probably take every effort to not jump his bones but hey.

“What…?” She froze, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap. His eyes were bulging out of his head; yep she’d definitely said that out loud.

“I’m just kidding!” Her heart was about to beat through her chest and her voice had taken on a squeaky tone “You wish you could get someone like me.” She wondered if she was having a heart attack. She saw him relax against the pillows and he gave a strained laugh.

“You’ve got some sense of humour pet.” She laughed, hoping it sounded relaxed.

She rolled on her side so she was facing the wall. Her phone buzzed on the bedside table and she slid it open, it was from Dawn.

Are you guys doing it yet? Buffy stared at the message in shock.

Dawn! No, nothing’s happening. She swore she’d just sent it when another buzz sounded out; she glanced behind her to see Spike out like a light.

Want me to tell mom to put earplugs in? ;-)

Goodnight Dawn.

Buffy switched her phone off and tried to get to sleep, she held back a gasp when she felt Spike’s cool arm encircle her waist, he mumbled something incoherent and she felt his breath against her neck. It was going to be a long night.

TBC.......


Chapter End Notes:
S-o what'd you guys think? Tell me, tell me, tell me, pretty please :-)