Author's Chapter Notes:
Thought I would update a little quicker than usual for you guys, mostly because you've all been so amazing with the reviews and support. You guys rock! I tried to make this one longer, really I did :-)
Buffy thudded her head against her bedroom door. For forty minutes they had been at the cake shop, thirty of which had been Dawn screaming at her mother and the staff, one of the most popular quotes of the morning being ‘I’m the bride everything gets run through me’ throw in tears – not necessarily Dawn’s either – and her morning had been complete. She turned and noticed a plastic sheath lying on the bed, she mused that her father must have taken the opportunity to get the suit shopping done early.

Curiosity getting the better of her she slid the zip down and peered at the material. It was gorgeous, Armani from what she could tell. If Spike wore his usual deep red button up underneath he would be damn near irresistible. Not to mention they would match, she smiled and zipped the plastic back up.

“Is that you pet?” She could have passed out at the sight she saw. Spike walked out of the bathroom with a plush white towel around his waist. Beads of water slowly running down his taut skin, muscles flexing, hair all wet and curled. She was going to jump him.

He gave her a quizzical glance and she shook her head.

“I need to shower.” She pushed past him into the bathroom and locked the door; she wrenched both taps on and stripped off her clothes. Two seconds under the tepid water and her hand was already between her legs, giving her neglected sex some much needed attention. She’d been through a lot in the last couple of days and she’d be damned if she was going to keep living in this state of sexual frustration.

She bit her lip and held in a moan as her fingers circled her clit, all her thoughts focused on the man just outside that door.

“Buffy?” His voice sent sparks of arousal straight to her core.

“You alright love?” Her fingers slowly kept moving; she knew she probably should have stopped and answered him but his voice was so God damn sexy. She quickened her pace.

“Love, answer me or I’m coming in.” Oh God please do.

She realised she was close and couldn’t contain a quiet moan.

“Buffy come on.” Yes, yes!

She came crashing over the edge and threw her head back only to send it smacking against the shower wall. The next few moments were hazy. Pain and pleasure were crossing over with each other and Spike had begun to evidently try pry open the door.

“I’m fine Spike; seriously I’ll be out in a minute.” She quickly washed her hair – wincing when she rubbed the sore spot on her head from the fight with the wall – and used her vanilla body wash.

It was when she realised that she was without a towel that she sighed and hung her head forward. She listened for signs of life in her room, nothing.

“Hey Spike?” She bit her lip and listened for a reply. If he was out of the room she could sneak in and grab a towel. Making an executive decision she opened the door and tip toed into her bedroom, relieved to find it empty. She quickly made her way to the folded towel on the bed, rolling her eyes when she dropped it. Just as she bent over to grab it she heard a choked sound from behind her. Her eyes bulged and she whipped around.

Spike stood there, mouth agape, a glass of iced tea about to fall out of his hand. Buffy covered her front with the towel and unintelligent sounds made their way out of her throat.

“Buffy…I’m sorry, the door….something about a bloody door.” Buffy nodded quickly and tried to push down her urge to flee into the bathroom, she was an adult not a blushing teenager.

“Well…now we’re…even?” She squeaked.

He chuckled and turned around, his grip on his glass now tightened. Buffy took the chance to grab a sundress and slip it on over her head, after rustling around for some underwear she cleared her throat.

“You can uh…turn around now.”

“Wish I could say I’d seen you close to naked up to this point but this is a first for me.” Buffy pursed her lips, she could have sworn that was flirting, was he flirting with her?

“Huh?” She had no idea what he was on about. Spike looked abashed.

“Yesterday, with the uh…comment about the sock…never mind.” Buffy ran a hand through her hair.

“You know what it really is not a big deal, we’re even now and that’s all there is to it. Don’t forget we have the rehearsal dinner tonight.” She beamed and walked past him out into the hall, not noticing his shudder or the way his nostrils flared.

~/~

Buffy watched as her father made the toast to the happy couple. So far the evening had been going well. Dawn and Andrew had been smiling and laughing all night, there had been no screaming fits or meltdowns over the smallest details and the food was excellent. Buffy knew she looked cute in her short red satin dress with pockets and black pumps, and Spike looked gorgeous in a grey suit with a blue button up.

She ran her hand through her hair and winced, there was so going to be a bump there. Spike glanced at her and she held her blush at bay. He didn’t need to know why she would have a mountain on her head by tomorrow.

“So I would like to say a toast to my little girl and…I want to say Andrew?” Cue mortified look from Dawn and self-conscious look from Andrew. Buffy nodded fiercely and Hank smiled.

“To Dawn and Andrew, I hope tomorrow runs smoothly and I wish you both all the best, I love you sweetheart.” There was a collective ‘To Dawn and Andrew’ and everyone sipped their champagne.

“Thanks Daddy, now I’d just like to say something about the wonderful man I’m going to marry.” Dawn rose and held her glass in one hand “Andrew I met you nine months ago and from the first second my life has gotten better. Every day with you is an adventure and there’s so much more I need to say but now we have forever.” Andrew jumped up and kissed his bride to be and Buffy blinked rapidly to get rid of the tears threatening to spill over. If she was like this at the rehearsal dinner she was going to be a mess tomorrow.

Spike turned to face her, his expression becoming concerned.

“I’m fine, seeing Dawn this happy just…makes me happy.” He gave her a smile and held her gaze.

“Well happy looks good on you Buffy.” The eye contact held for another beat before her mother interrupted.

“So Buffy tell me, my little pumpkin belly is getting married tomorrow, how about you? When do you and Spike plan to get engaged?”

All the warm feelings from the eye contact with Spike immediately vanished.

“What?” Buffy’s eyes bulged as she questioned her mom; Spike remained silent though his eyes were wary.

“Come on sweetie, I know you two are together. I mean I can see it when you look at him, it’s so obvious you’re in love with him.”

“It is?” Her voice was a choked whisper and her heart was ready to break through her ribs. Of all the ways for Spike to find out she never thought it would be through her mother.

“And of course I love her, she’s my girl.” Spike wrapped an arm around a stunned Buffy.

“I am?” Her voice was weak, he gave a pointed look and she cleared her throat “Yes, I am.”

“We didn’t want to steal the show from niblet so we decided to keep it a secret for a bit longer. We were going to tell you when Dawn was off on her honeymoon.” Joyce smiled brightly and touched Spike’s arm.

“I love it, you two together, it is adorable. Don’t worry I’ll keep your secret.” She winked and moved off to another table. Buffy whipped her head around to face Spike.

“A word in the hall please.” Spike nodded and followed her out.

Once Buffy was sure no one was around she flailed her arms around.

What was that?”

“Like I said on the plane, if need be we’ll tell them we’re shaggin’ thought I might clean it up for your mother though.”

“Oh my God, you actors are so dramatic!” Spike furrowed his brow.

“Oi I bloody resent that. I saved you in there what’s the big deal?” He pouted and she resisted the urge to bite his lip.

“Oh you have no idea, what happens when we go back to LA Spike? I call mom up and tell her we broke up. Then she gives me the stupid patronizing pep talk, and makes me feel like crap by saying oh its O.K honey I understand that I’ll never have grandchildren and are you sure you’re not gay?” She began pacing, her red dress shining.

“Buffy…”

“No, I know you were doing a nice thing for me and thank you for it but we’re fucked now.”

“Buffy…”

“What am I going to do when I tell her that we broke up? What’s worse is you’re not just a normal guy either, you’re the man that rakes in a ridiculous salary, you’re drop dead gorgeous, and you’re a world renowned actor for crying out loud.”

“Gorgeous?” She could see his ego inflating.

“Of course you are Spike, you know it too. Crap.” He was smiling now though she remained oblivious.

“O.K here’s the plan, we carry out the charade, and after all our flight home is the day after tomorrow and with the wedding no one can really study us too closely.” Spike was looking at her blankly.

There was a beat of silence.

“Wow I just got kind of crazy just then.” Spike gave her a genuine smile.

“I’m really sorry, my mom stresses me out and my family is so crazy,” She took a deep breath “You helped me a lot by doing that, thank you William.” He grimaced at the use of his proper name as he pulled her into his arms.

“It’s like I said Buffy, happy looks good on you.” The hug lasted a second longer than necessary, when they pulled apart Buffy was left looking into his baby blues, his mouth centimetres from hers. She knew what she’d do if he didn’t move, and she didn’t see him pulling away either. He looked like he wanted to say something but settled for brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

She jumped a mile when her phone started going off in the pocket of her dress. Spike took a step back and Buffy did the same, immediately she missed the feeling of his hand on her cheek, quickly she fondled with her phone and slid it open. Spike motioned that he’d see her in the other room and she gave a dumb nod. When he was out of sight her shoulders slumped and she pressed her phone to her ear.

“Hey Willow.”

TBC.....


Chapter End Notes:
I know I know, damn Willow! Please please please tell me what you guys think? :-)