Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again for all the support everyone! You're feeding my muse like crazy! Anyway I'm really nervous about how this chapter is going to go down, please be kind :-) Enjoy!
“Willow I already told you everything, can I go to bed?” Buffy whined and slumped back against the porch swing, the night was humid again.

“O.K I know the almost kiss, the sleeping arrangements and the couple thing…” She pursed her lips as if she was thinking, she’d already had a couple of glasses of wine and she was starting to act tipsy “Oh and tell me, are you going to tell him you love him?” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Yeah because that would go so well right now, come on Wills, the day after tomorrow we go back to LA where he’s the movie star and I’m plain old Joan. Plus he’s still going through the Drusilla stage. There’s no way it would work.”

Willow gave her a funny look.

“Uh Buffy hate to break it to you but you are definitely not normal.”

“Gee thanks Wills.”

“I mean that in a really good way trust me, and also you need a man in your life.”

“I have Angel.” Buffy pouted.

“Cats don’t propose.” Willow’s voice was dry, at Buffy’s glare the red head smiled and made her way back inside, Buffy sighed and looked out at her old backyard.

She wanted Spike, she wanted him to be her boyfriend, she wanted the cute kisses and cuddles and she wanted the stupid fights that ended in earth shattering sex, the only thing stopping her from having these things was the crippling fear that he didn’t want her back.

She looked over at the door to see the man in question.

“Lo’ love, finally got your rents off my back.” He gave her a smile and sat down next to her.

“Well to be fair they think this is real.” She swore she saw a flash of something in his eyes, he remained silent.

Buffy bit her lip and toyed with the bottom of her track suit pants, both knees curled up against her chest. She’d never felt awkward with Spike before. She looked over and found herself caught in his gaze, brilliant blue eyes that tore right through her; she tried to control her breathing as she noticed his proximity. His lips were so close.

“Why can’t it be?” His voice was a rough whisper.

“Spike…” She searched his eyes.

“Why…can’t…it…be…real?” With every pause his face had gotten closer to the point where Buffy couldn’t look at him without going cross eyed, for the hundredth time on this trip Buffy’s heart was thrashing in her chest like a caged animal.

She went to speak but found herself being cut off by his lips, demanding but still gentle. Her head spun as she registered his hand moving to the back of her head, bringing her closer. Her hands found his biceps and she clung on for dear life. Idly she thought maybe Dawn had killed her from pre-wedding stress and she was in heaven but that flew out the window when she heard Spike’s throaty moan and felt the slightest intrusion of his tongue.

The kiss broke and both blondes were left panting, Buffy felt a twinge between her legs when she saw the lust evident in Spike’s eyes. She’d never wanted a man more in her whole existence. She took a shuddering breath before forcing herself to pull back.

“W-what was that?” She cursed herself for stuttering.

“We were making out…now we’re not, let’s change that.” He went to kiss her again but Buffy held strong.

“O.K mister yeah that was us making out, and as good as it was…why did it happen?” He sighed and gently slumped back against the swing.

“It happened because I’ve been bloody driving myself nuts wondering what it would be like. Buffy for the last few weeks I’ve been noticing things about you, feeling differently, and today when I saw you in the bedroom” if possible his eyes darkened “All I wanted to do was kiss you, and tonight in the hallway we were so close. Something’s happening to me Buffy.”

She turned her body to face him, one hand gently stroking his arm.

“For a long time it was pain, Dru left me, ripped my heart out and I didn’t know what to do. Then you started working for me and made me happy, we were friends. You were the only bird I could stand, everyone else made me think of the divorce. In the last couple of weeks I’ve seen you Buffy. You’re beautiful, and you’re kind. You’re insane but it’s bloody adorable, and you know me, you don’t want my money, you don’t want the fame, you’re not afraid to put me in line when I’m being a right git and you’re just you.” He gently brushed a strand of hair away from her face.

“Pinch me.” Her voice was weak.

“I’m not gonna bloody well pinch you.” He rolled his eyes and crushed his lips to hers. She let herself get lost in the kiss, her brain imprinting every second for life. His cool lips, his daring tongue, and the way he uniquely smelled like cigarettes, Bourbon and spice. The kiss ended and she was left staring into his brilliant eyes once more.

“Buffy, I want this.”

“What is this?” Her eyes were uncertain.

“Whatever you’ll let me have. I’m drowning in you Buffy and God help me if you aren’t my lifesaver as well.” He ran his hands lightly through her hair.

“You can have it all.”

~/~

Buffy was on cloud nine as she stood off to the side of her sister. Finally Dawn and Andrew were standing at the altar, all the months of crazy midnight phone calls would finally end, all the screaming fits and tantrums would be gone, and she could enjoy all of this while being in the arms of her new boyfriend. The goofy smile that crossed her face made her think for sure she looked like a maniac.

She had to give Dawn credit, she did look amazing today. Her hair was swept up in a loose bun with strands hanging delicately around her face. Her makeup was natural and gave her that touch of elegance, team all that together with her floor length strapless gown and she was a total knock out.

She watched Dawn and Andrew exchange rings and felt the familiar burning sensation at the back of her eyes. Her sister had a large grin on her face and her eyes were shimmering with unshed tears as she slid the ring on Andrew’s finger. Buffy wondered if Andrew would get told off later for putting a Star Wars reference in the vows.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride.” The priest smiled as the couple kissed passionately. They turned to the audience and laughed at the applause before walking hand in hand back down the aisle. Buffy followed and met Spike halfway down.

“You looked beautiful out there.” He gave her a quick kiss and she beamed at him.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” He smirked and led her down the aisle. Buffy gnawed at her lip, tomorrow they’d be flying back to LA and she couldn’t help but wonder if reality would rear its ugly head on their new relationship.

TBC.....


Chapter End Notes:
*Hides behind fingers* How'd I do? Please take the time to let me know :-)