Author's Chapter Notes:
I feel like I haven't updated in forever! SO sorry everyone, this heatwave that seems to be taking over Perth is driving me insane at the moment, lets just say my A/C is cranking non stop. Anyway enough about me, you guys rock and enjoy the chapter!
Buffy usually tried to pride herself on not being a jealous person, she tried to always react after she’d heard the full story and both sides nonetheless, but this time the green eyed monster was rearing its ugly head to nearly overwhelming proportions.

It had all started when she and Willow had been walking by a local news stand, Willow of course had gone to pick up her weekly instalment of People Magazine and Buffy had flicked through whilst they sat down for coffee at Starbucks. Then it happened. A random two-page spread showing Spike in a night club with some red haired tramp all over him, the title was probably the most annoying thing about it.

FOXY RED HEAD SETS SPIKE BYRNE ON FIRE!

Willow was eyeing her cautiously as she sipped her coffee and nibbled on her scone.

“I hate the media. I mean who is that?! That’s definitely Spike, he told me he was going to that night club, wait I was the one who sent him there! Damn why did I think it would be good for publicity?”

“Buffy chill, I’m sure if you ask him about it he’s going to say she was some red haired bitty who was trying to get all up on him but he pushed her away because you’re his girl.” Buffy clicked her tongue and flicked to the next page, her phone buzzed on the table.

“Speak of the devil…” Buffy slid her phone open and let out a sigh “Hello?”

“Hi baby, I’ve got some good news for you.” Buffy tried not to roll her eyes, one more time and they would probably roll right out of her head.

“And that is?” Willow put on her resolve face and Buffy tried to edge the ‘pissed off’ vibe out of her tone.

“The premiere for the movie is in a couple of weeks, I’m going to take you to get yourself something nice. Where shall we go, Paris?” Buffy felt her suspicions creep up.

“Paris sounds divine.” Willow raised a brow.

“Alright I’ll get it set up, we’ll leave this weekend.”

“Sounds good, I’ll see you tonight at Willow’s.”

“Alright kitten, see you then.” The tone went dead and Buffy slid her phone shut.

“Paris?” Willow asked, finishing her coffee.

“O.K so I see a picture of my boyfriend and some red haired ho-bag, then said boyfriend offers to take me to Paris, AKA the city of love, can you say diversion or what.”

“You could say that, or, and this is just another option, you could say jealous and irrational girlfriend.” Willow was unaffected by the death glare Buffy sent her way “Buffy for God’s sake he’s taking you to fricken Paris!” Cue shoulder slump from Buffy.

“Ugh you’re right he’s perfect.”

“Obviously that bothers you?”

“No…and yes, it’s just everything has been great but I still feel like I'm walking on eggshells, just waiting for something to come down and ruin everything.” Buffy chewed her lip.

“Have you had sex?” Buffy shook her head and Willow’s eyes bulged “God why not!?”

“I know it’s crazy, and believe me it’s getting really hard.” Willow giggled and Buffy groaned.

“Sorry, accidental puns are the funniest. So why is there halting of the smoochies?”

“I need to know that he loves me back…I can’t give myself to him and have him rip my heart out Wills, I can’t even imagine the pain.”

“You haven’t told him you love him yet?”

“Oh yeah, hey Spike I know we’ve only been together for two weeks but I’m so madly in love with you.” Buffy’s tone was dry.

“You’d probably get sex from it.” Buffy gave a chuckle and Willow’s eyes lit up like a meteor shower.

“Come on, I have a plan.”

~/~

Buffy felt relaxed, that she was sure of. After the coffee shop incident they’d gone to the local day spa and ordered the works. One facial, pedicure, manicure, and a full body massage later and Buffy was ready to melt into her very own puddle of Buffy goo. She had been pampered further when the two had gone to the hair salon; she’d opted to go for highlights and a trim, not wanting to change anything major.

Now she was sitting on Willow’s couch watching an old black and white movie, a girl had just fallen in love with a doctor and was singing her joy to the birds outside her kitchen window.

“Buffy did Spike say he was bringing anything?” Willow called from the kitchen. For once they had decided to have a home cooked meal.

“Yeah I made some potato salad he’s getting it from my place.”

“O.K cool, I hope Angel doesn’t give him any trouble.”
Buffy giggled at the thought of a cat giving Spike any problems.

~/~

“Alright you little flea bag, away from the fridge.” Spike eyed the black cat warily as it hissed at him. He’d known that Buffy had a cat but he’d never had the displeasure of meeting him.

“Oh sod it.” He opened the fridge and Angel made a strangled noise before attacking his jean clad leg.

“AGH!” Spike was between a rock and a hard place, he couldn’t get Angel off by force and he didn’t want to risk losing a finger.

The phone rang and Angel miraculously let go of his leg and jogged off to the other room. Spike sighed in relief and finally grabbed the potato salad, he figured it wasn’t his place to answer her home phone; they weren’t at that stage yet.

Spike froze when the phone went to voicemail, he’d expected Dawn or maybe Joyce but not a guy, his grip on the bowl slowly tightened.

“Hey Buffy it’s Riley, it was good to see you last week, give me a call back…It was really good to see you and thanks.”

In the corner Angel let out a meow.

~/~

Dinner had been quieter than usual, everyone had eaten quickly and Tara had tried to break the awkward silence to no avail. It was only once they were back in Buffy’s apartment had the questioning started.

“O.K Spike seriously what’s up?” Buffy folded her arms and Spike sighed.

“Listen to your answering machine.” Buffy’s brow furrowed as she pressed the button underneath the flashing 2.

“Buffy it’s mom, I’ll be coming down next week when Dawn gets back from her honeymoon, she left me a message today saying she has big news, OH and I’ve got news of my own, see you then sweetie.” Buffy looked confused.

“That’s what made you upset?” Spike shook his head and the next message began to play.

“Hey Buffy it’s Riley, it was good to see you last week, give me a call back…It was really good to see you and thanks.” Buffy remained confused.

“Care to explain why that has your panties twisted?”

“Who is he Buffy? A friend? An old Boyfriend? Some one night stand?”

“Oh my God Spike I’m allowed to have male friends, you don’t control who I see.”

“I bloody know that Buffy but I’d never have lunch with some bird without telling you first.”

“Oh really? You know that is surprising because I don’t remember being told about the ‘Foxy red head’ at the club last week.”

“What the bloody…Oh that?” His tone conveyed his surprise “What? You think that was something? You’re kidding.”

“Well obviously you think something is going on with me and Riley, why should I have any more faith in you than you have in me?” She threw her hands up in the air.

“Buffy that girl was nobody, someone I pushed off as soon as she tried to dance with me. Don’t be so paranoid.” He tersely ran a hand through his hair, loosening the gelled back strands.

“O.K Spike you wanna talk paranoid. Riley is my homosexual cousin, he came out to me when I had lunch with him last Wednesday and I told him that he should come out to his parents.” Buffy was pretty sure she’d never been more pissed off.

“Look Buffy…”

“No Spike, I would NEVER cheat on you EVER, and you want to know why? Because I am so hopelessly in love with you that the thought of betraying you kills me. Now I’d really like it if you’d leave.”

“Buffy…” Spike’s eyes were wide with adoration.

“Please leave now, just I need to be alone.” She walked over to her door and opened it, avoiding eye contact with Spike as he walked out. She clicked the door shut behind him and began to let her tears fall. She was momentarily shocked by Spike coming back through the door.

“I’m not leaving Buffy, I love you.”

“You love me?”

“Since the moment I saw you.”

“Is that a line from a movie?” She bit her lip and he rolled his eyes.

“You know how to kill a mood don’t you pet.” He drew her into his arms and she smiled.

“Oh Spike, the mood’s not dead.” Willow was right, she'd be getting sex out of it.

TBC....


Chapter End Notes:
Eeeeeh what did you think?? Please let me know :-)