Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh My God I feel like I haven't updated in forever, I hope you guys forgive me! Don't worry I haven't abondonned my little WIP. Thank you guys for all the continued support on my chapters and I hope this one does just as well. Anyway you guys = amazing, and that's about it. ENJOY :-)
Buffy sighed in content against Spike’s firm lips, he loved her, she loved him, life didn’t get much better than this. He gently guided her to the plush couch and she giggled as he pulled her down onto his lap. Making out with Spike was a whole different experience, there was no awkward fumbling, no nervous glances, it was like they moulded to each other perfectly and she’d was damn sure he was the best kisser on the face of the planet.

Just as things were getting interesting the sound of two phones going off made them both jump out of their skin. Buffy ran a hand through her hair and checked her called ID, it was her sister. Spike’s brow furrowed as he checked his own phone. Spike gently moved her aside and walked out to her balcony, Buffy decided she’d think about that later as she slid her own phone open.

“Hey Dawn, what’s up?” She cringed as she heard huge gulping sobs on the other line.

“B-B-Buffy!” Dawn’s voice was shrill forcing Buffy to hold the phone away from her ear.

“Dawn what’s happened?” Her eyes slid over to her balcony were Spike stood with his back to her.

“Iwantadivorce!” Buffy hung her head and gripped her hair in frustration, this was just like her sister, even when they were kids Dawn would get their mom to buy a toy and then scream and cry in the car. She decided to use the same tact as her mother in calming her sister down.

“Dawn, you don’t want a divorce.”

“Yes I do!”

“Dawn you love Andrew, he’s everything you ever wanted.” She refrained from saying ‘we won’t get our money back if we return him’.

“He doesn’t love me!” Buffy’s raised a brow.

“Yes he does Dawn.”

“I just…I need to talk to you, can you please come over?”

“Dawn you live an hour away, can we meet for lunch tomorrow?”

“Please Buffy.” Dawn sounded absolutely shattered as she whispered those words causing a strong twinge of sisterly duty to sound off in Buffy’s heart.

“Alright I’ll leave in five minutes, see you soon Dawnie.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too.” She slid her phone shut and slumped back against the couch; conveniently Spike had finished his conversation and was coming back into her apartment.

“Hey.” She smiled at him.

“Hey.” His eyes were tired and his mouth was drawn into a thin line.

“Spike what’s wrong?” She was on her feet and in front of him within seconds.

“Ah, there’s been a break in at my place, it was Drusilla.” Buffy’s eyes widened and she reached out to touch his arm, feeling the immediate rejection as he subtly moved away from her touch.

“Are you going back there now?” She asked quietly.

“Yeah I’ve got to, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He gave her a more heart-warming smile and a chaste kiss on the lips then he was gone, she didn’t think that the click of her door had ever sounded so loud before.

“…O.K….bye.” She shook her head and held back the hot tears that burnt the back of her eyes, it was stupid to be so upset she knew that much but she’d seen Spike after his divorce, he had been completely wrecked. He’d been drinking every day, smoking like a chimney, not to mention he stopped looking for work. When Buffy had gone to his house she’d had to nearly push him into a shower and force a plate of waffles down his throat. The thought of that woman coming anywhere near Spike made her seriously jealous with a healthy side of overall doubt.

~/~

The ride to Dawn’s had felt longer than it was, probably because the radio had been off and all Buffy had had to focus on was the sounds of oncoming traffic on the busy streets of LA. Quickly she found a park outside of Dawn’s apartment and jogged up the stairs. She’d barely knocked once when she was dragged inside by a red eyed Dawn with mascara all down her cheeks. The site definitely came as a shock considering the last time she’d seen Dawn this messed up was when their parents had split up.

Quickly she pulled her sister into her arms and clutched her tight.

“Dawn what’s wrong? Please tell me.” Dawn’s sobs rose up again and Buffy carefully moved her to the bedroom. One sobbing Dawn tucked in later and Buffy was seriously worried.

“Andrew told me something today.” Buffy stayed quiet.

“He’s….he’s….” Thoughts flashed through Buffy’s mind, he’s got cancer, no he’s an evil mastermind, no better yet he’s an alien life force, the suspense was killing her.

“Buffy he’s gay!” Sobs overrode Dawn’s body and Buffy sat there slack jawed.

“Shit.” Buffy’s tone was quiet.

“Two weeks ago I was madly in love with my fiancé and now what. He married me and he knew he was gay, we're legally married and now we need a divorce. Why would he do that to me? He’s my whole life now, we’ve put a deposit on a house for God’s sake, I can't live here because the new owners are moving in next week. I was already picking out names for our kids, and he is gay. He likes men. What the hell is wrong with me?” Her voice cracked and more tears fell.

Buffy moved next to her on the bed and stroked her hair; words would do nothing for her right now so all she could offer was her silent support.

~/~

Buffy awoke with a dull pain in her neck, looking around her sister’s sleeping form she spotted the clock, the small red numbers burning her eyes with 6:15. She sat up quietly so she didn’t wake Dawn, the brunette had finally succumbed to sleep around three, tears still tracking their way down her cheeks.

She walked out into the kitchen deciding to make some pancakes, hopefully her sister had cried out all of her tears the night before and would be onto the eating her weight in ice cream phase. Part of her still couldn’t believe it, Andrew was gay. Sure she’d made jokes to Dawn before about the Star Wars obsession and the fact that when he saw Spike his eyes turned into pumping love hearts but she’d never though he was actually gay. He’d always looked at Dawn with such affection that it was hard to believe it was true.

She sighed and pulled some ingredients from the cupboard, stilling when her phone buzzed on the counter, sliding it open she saw a text message pop up from Spike.

Hey Baby, I need to talk to you, lunch today?

Sure...

See you at the bistro on the corner @ 12:30 xx


The x’s made her immediately feel better so she hastily replied.

See you then :-) xx

She heard a groan from the bedroom and resigned herself to a long day ahead.

TBC.....


Chapter End Notes:
*Bites nails* S-o-o what do you think?? Please let me know :-)