Author's Chapter Notes:
GASP! An update! But it can't be??!! Oh it is! I apologize for the lateness of this chapter, it certainly has been a long time coming. I'm up to date with review responses now and Oh My Gosh a HUGE THANKYOU for all my dedicated reviewers, without your support this story would still be on chapter one. I hope you all enjoy where I'm taking it. ALSO THANKS TO DEMONA424, you gave me inspiration for the argument scene! Anyway I'm rambling, ENJOY :-)
Buffy chewed at her lip and wrung her hands out beneath the table. Spike was at the counter ordering their meals though she doubted she could eat anything in this state, her heart was beating irregularly and she could feel herself on the brink of hyperventilation. Usually she was cool as a cucumber but when the love of her life refused to speak more than a few words to her she couldn’t help but feel a little nervous.



She refocused when the man in question sat across from her, a tight lipped smile firmly secured on his face.



“Andrew came out to Dawn.” Nice Buffy, queen of tact.



“Are you bloody serious? I’ll fucking kill that little nitwit of a sod.” His jaw clenched and for the first time that morning Buffy felt the awkwardness evaporate. She laughed and felt relieved when he smiled genuinely.



“How’s your sis going then?”



“She’s…taking it hard. I mean they were still honeymooners…and he’s gay, she’s pretty much devastated. Right about now she’s probably devouring a tub of ice cream and watching Dirty Dancing.” Spike raised one brow and almost hesitantly reached across the table to grab her hand, the touch was comforting but the look on his face was anything but.



“Buffy I have to talk to you about something serious.” Cue her heart beating out of her chest.



“You’re not gay are you?” She tried to laugh but it felt distinctly like she was choking, if he broke it off she might just jump off the bridge on the way home.



“You know I’m definitely not. Anyway the break in last night was some crazed fan, she actually tied herself to my bedpost, naked as the day she was born. When I got there the police had her in custody. Anyway, made me realise that I need to upgrade all the security in my house and maybe get a few more men watching the perimeter.”



“I thought it was Drusilla?”



“The police thought it was Dru because she had black hair, was actually just a random girl with a wig on, off her bird she was. That’s the crack team that foils LA’s criminal minds, we should all be afraid.”



“Spike…where is this going?” Crazy women trying to bed Spike Byrne was not a new fact to anyone and she had a feeling he was avoiding something. Before they could go on they were interrupted by Miss fake tan.



“Here you go one garden salad and one steak burger.” Her eyes lingered on Spike and Buffy felt her inner bitch rising.



“Now is there anything else I can get you?” Buffy’s eyebrow rose. Hello I’m here too you skanky ho.



“No love that’s everything.” Spike attempted to brush her off and Buffy rolled her eyes at the pet name, no wonder he acquired stalkers.



“O.K but you’re just so amazing in all your movies I couldn’t pass up the chance to talk to you.” She batted her eyelashes “Would you please sign this? All my friends are going to be so jealous.” Spike flashed his paparazzi smile and the girl practically fainted in his lap.



“Sure love I’ll sign it, now who am I making this out to?”



“Amber, my name’s Amber.” She handed him her notepad and a pen.



“Dear Amber, You’re hands down one of the prettiest girls to ever serve me a meal, love Spike Byrne.” Amber squealed and took her time grabbing her notepad back.



“Thank you! Thank you! I’ll let you enjoy your lunch! Thanks Spike!” She let out another squeal as she trotted away, probably because she’d called him Spike.



“O.K now that the fan club meeting is over can we get back to our conversation?” She didn’t even try and hide the snarky-ness from her tone.



“Jealous kitten?” Damn that nickname made her melt.



“No, not jealous, just surprised at how you get things done with so many blonde bimbos crawling into your lap.”

Spike chuckled and took a bite out of his sandwich, Buffy stabbed a piece of fetta in her salad.



“You know-” he began with his mouth full “You’re sexy when you’re clawing out other girls eyes for me.” He smirked and she couldn’t help the smile that tugged her lips upwards.



“Yeah well it’s hard to be in love with one of People Magazines top 10 hottest men. I have to fight to keep you.” He grabbed one of her hands and gave her a look which she couldn’t quite figure out.



“I love you Buffy, and I’m all yours for however long you’ll have me. Don’t worry about the fans and all the other girls that have their crushes on me, they love my characters, you love me.” Buffy gave a small smile and felt her brain turn to mush, he said he loved her again, squee! She found herself wondering if it would be totally bad to let him take her right here on the table. Clearing her head she remembered there was an elephant in the room.



“O.K Mr Byrne, I believe you and I’ll try control the green monster. Now what did you want to talk to me about?”



“Er…Well I’m going to need somewhere to stay for the next week or two while they get all the new cameras and hire the new body guards…” Quickly she cut him off.



“Are you serious?”



“Uh yeah-” She cut him off again.



“You pull this huge cloak and dagger routine just because you need to sleep on my couch for the next few days? I mean for God’s sake Spike I thought you were about to break up with me, or tell me that your ex-wife was coming back into the picture.” Spike’s eyes bugged out of his head and she let out a laugh.



“First off, I’m not breaking up with you, you silly chit, I only just found you. Secondly, I don’t even know where Drusilla is right now so there’s no way in hell she’s coming back. Even if she did I’d look for someone to burn her at the bloody stake.” He shifted his chair around to her side of the table and took her hand again.



“Spike, people are watching.” Buffy whispered as his lips neared hers.



“People are always watching kitten, so let’s give them something to talk about.” His lips brushed against hers and she leaned into the kiss. Suddenly things seemed a whole lot better.



~/~



Lunch with Spike had gone smoothly after their make-out session and Buffy was just climbing the last stairs to Dawn’s apartment. She’d promised her sister she would come back and bring chocolate. Suddenly she heard shouting and quickened her pace.



“Dawn! Are you O.K?” Buffy yelled as she burst into the apartment.



“Andrew!”



“Buffy!”



“Dawn?”



“Buffy you’re back!”



“Please don’t hurt me!” Andrew shielded his privates and took a step backwards. Once again Buffy rolled her eyes. She closed the door and watched as the argument between the newlyweds continued as if she wasn’t there.



“Like I said baby I could be Bi?”



“WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! It’s not like you can choose to want me then the next day choose a cabana boy!” Dawn’s expression was murderous.



“No that’s not what I mean, I’d still be into you but I’d just have a few more male friends.” Buffy’s eyes bugged and her sister picked up a book from the counter and threw it at his chest.



“So you’d just start cheating on me!?” A pen connected with Andrew’s nose.



“It’s not cheating cause you’d know about it baby!”



“Do not call me THAT!” She lunged at Andrew then and the two went tumbling over the side of the couch.



“Dawn!” Buffy rushed forward and saw Andrew on the ground shielding his face as Dawn punched every part of him she could reach. Quickly she rounded the couch and pulled her sister off of the cowering man.



“Dawn can’t we talk about this?” Andrew slowly sat up.



“Andrew I think you should go now before it gets any worse.” Buffy pleaded with him.



“She’s my wife Buffy stay out of it.” Dawn had been silent up until that point.



“Andrew shut the fuck up! Buffy can say whatever she wants she’s my sister and she’s never hurt me as bad as you have! Get out of my apartment NOW!”



“Dawn can’t we just-”



“GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!” Andrew scurried out the door and Buffy turned to face her now teary-eyed sister.



“I hate him so much Buffy.” Dawn choked out before bursting into tears, quickly Buffy pulled Dawn to her side and gently slid them both to the ground.



“I know sweetie, I know.”



TBC….



Chapter End Notes:
So how are we feeling right now? :-) I'll try get the next one out a hell of a lot quicker! Promise!