Author's Chapter Notes:
Second chapter! Once again I own nothing.
The room was silent, not a single movement could be heard, not even the rain that she knew was pouring down outside could be heard. Every single vampire in the room had their eyes on her and she felt terrified.

“Just so I completely understand you” the Master said “You need a new Sire.”

Buffy nodded her head “Yes that is correct sir.” Her eyes wandered around the room, desperately avoiding the older vampire’s intense gaze, taking in the other vampires present. There was of course the Master of the clan situated in the middle of the room and the redhead at his feet, behind on his left there was a beautiful blonde female and a handsome male. They stood close to each other the male's hand curled round the woman’s waist and resting on her hip. The dim lighting in the room played across his face highlighting his angelic features but at the same time making them look almost demonic, despite the fact he wasn’t in game face. To their left a fairylike woman was laying on a deep red chaise longue, one arm placed high above her head, the other stretched out beside her. Her enchanting blue eyes unfocussed and her lips slightly moving as if she was humming, the deep red of her gown blending in with the material of the furniture.

“What became of your old Sire childe?” the Master said interrupting her thoughts and bringing her back to her plight.

Buffy faltered. Did she tell them the truth? What if they decided she wasn’t worth their time and sent her away? Where would she go then? Deciding to just divert from the question she answered “He’s no longer with me.”

The Master nodded in understanding but she could see in his eyes that he didn’t believe her. His eyes wondered over her, she felt as if he was looking into the very heart of her. “So you have come to us in hope that we will give you a new Sire. If what the little you have told us is true then we are of course obliged to aid you.”
Buffy let out a tiny sigh of relief, she would be safe. Safe from him and out of harm’s way. She only hoped that her new Sire would be kind to her.

“What! She could be lying.” A vampire on the right of the Master shouted out. A deathly silence filled the room, even Buffy who knew nothing about this clan realised that the vampire had made a crucial mistake in questioning the vampire in charge. The vampire who called out immediately realised his error and lowered his eyes in submission, his floppy light brown hair falling in his face as if he was hiding.

“Do you really think I came to be this old and powerful by allowing some rouge fledgling vampires into my house, that I didn’t to some degree trust Luke?” Although the Master didn’t raise his voice you could sense the malice and authority seeping out.

“No, Sire. I-I-I meant no disrespect, I simply-“

“Silence! I will talk to you later. Now Willow my dear, go and fetch Spike. I do believe that he shall be of some use” the redhead on the floor stood gracefully and exited through the door behind Buffy.

Spike? What was that, some sort of dog? Why did he want a dog? Buffy thought.

No one spoke, the only sound was coming from the woman who was humming earlier, the couple behind the Master looked as if they were having a sort of silent conversation occasionally looking at Buffy. Self consciously she ran her hand through her hair trying to tame it, but it was useless. Blood and rain had tangled within it making it too hard to manage.

Suddenly a soft gasp was heard from the humming woman “Ohhh look at you” she made her way up of the chaise longue and half danced half walked towards Buffy. “Little Golden girl with all her secrets all locked up in her head. Shhhhh! mustn’t tell.” She laughed manically. When the vampire lifted and arm to stroke her hair Buffy stepped back a few paces startled and weary of anyone touching her. Just before the vampires hand made contact another voice spoke

“Dru. Come over here.” It was the brunette male, he held out his hand towards this ‘Dru’ vampire.

“Yes daddy.” She replied and danced over to the couple grabbing his hand. All throughout this strange encounter the Master watched evaluating her.

Footsteps could be heard through the door and a few seconds later the redhead- Willow came through the door. Trailing behind her was not a dog but a man. Buffy thought he was beautiful. His body clad in black jeans, boots and t-shirt with a red shirt hanging open. His face was handsome, with prominent cheekbones and piercing cerulean blue eyes. Willow went to stand beside the vampire the Master called Luke and the newest arrival spoke. There was a pause.

“Yeah.”

“Spike!” the male behind the Master said with a scolding tone.

“You ought to have more respect for your elders boy” said the Master “Perhaps we need to instil a sense of responsibility into you. You are 120 years old and yet you have still not taken a childe. Is this correct?”

“Yeah, what of it?” The man called Spike questioned.

“This young woman here is in need of a Sire and you are in need of a childe. As far as I can see it’s a perfect match. Buffy meet your new Sire. Spike.”


Chapter End Notes:
So good/bad? Let me know what you think :)