[Reviews - 15] LikedPrinter
Summary: Encouraged by the gang, Buffy looks into the Mirror of Erised. Startled by what she sees there, she embarks on a journey of healing and maybe finding that elusive thing she needs...




Spuffy fiveshot, post 'Chosen'. Slight crossover with 'Harry Potter'.





Nominated for Best Angst, Best Characterization (Buffy), Best Crossover Book ('Harry Potter'), Best Pairing Conventional and Best Post-Series at the Sunnydale Memorial Awards.


Rated: 15
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes
Word count: 16824 Read: 11812
Published: 02/03/2012 Updated: 03/26/2012

1. Chapter 1 by Acajou Amarth [Reviews - 3] Liked (3165 words)
Disclaimer: I own neither the Harry Potter series nor Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Pity, really. I would be rich and people would love me and write strange crossovers.

Rating: T, might go up in later chapters

A/N: I haven't actually seen a single episode of 'Angel' so what I'm describing as events that happened there I only know from other fanfiction. I hope you can look past possible errors. Should I ever watch the show, I'll come back to correct. Also, Buffy's isolation is my own interpretation of her state of mind. That I won't change, even if it isn't true.

This story was originally supposed to be Buffy travelling inside her heart. But that didn't work out and I realized if I simply borrowed one element out of the 'Harry Potter'-verse, it would be perfect. And I really don't think putting the Mirror of Erised into 'Buffy' is too absurd to consider, so bear with it.

That said: Enjoy 'Your heart's desire' and please review if you have something nice to say or constructive criticism to give. I'll update as soon as I'm satisfied with the next part of this story.

2. Chapter 2 by Acajou Amarth [Reviews - 2] Liked (4149 words)
Thank you for your kind reviews! I actually had that chapter up for a week now over at ffnet and haven't updated here, because I thought no one here at Spuffy Realm had reviewed... Stupid email that was supposed to tell me about reviews and didn't come... I'm really glad you're enjoying this story. It's my favorite Spuffy that I've written so far. :)

I hope I can finish the third part soon, but I'm having some problems with it.

About the story itself, I tried to be as canon (until 'Chosen') and in character as possible and that includes the fact that despite what we would all like to believe, Buffy is not in love with Spike. This story is, for me, a way to find a slightly more realistic way to happy ending than is usually the case in fanfiction. (Not that I don't love those fics, too.)

Also, I found I really enjoy writing Scoobies and Dawn's relationship with Spike is incredibly beautiful, so I'm sorry if that takes up a larger part of the story than expected. Except I'm not sorry, because there are just a lot more issues left for us fanfic authors to resolve than how to get Buffy and Spike together. But about that... We're getting there.

3. Chapter 3 by Acajou Amarth [Reviews - 4] Liked (3805 words)
A/N: I've now pretty much finished the story. I'm very sorry it took me so long, but this chapter was giving me more than just one headache. The good news is: the remaining two chapters are going to be posted a lot faster. And I'm happy with the way they turned out.

I know, originally I promised a threeshot, but this story spun out of control a little bit, like all stories do. I doubt you'll hate me for more chapters.

This one has the long-awaited Spuffy reunion. Which simply wouldn't work the way I wanted it to. Buffy was such a bitch about it and then I had to get Dawn into it to save anything at all, which was supposed to be a later part of the story and so on and so forth. This might seem a little disappointing, but trust me, in the end, it's better this way.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the new part! Drop me a line if you have any time at all. I will update sooner for it! :)

4. Chapter 4 by Acajou Amarth [Reviews - 1] Liked (2481 words)
Sorry, I got sidetracked by other projects of mine. I hope the update - even though it's not that long - makes up for the wait. I know it's not the final showdown we're all waiting for, but the next one ACTUALLY is. :P

This chapter was fun to write, at least the Giles part and then later, the stalker Buffy part. Apparently, this fic has decided to use my writing as a tool to create unicorns and rainbows all around - no worries, not in the literal sense - and while part of me hates that (sucker for angst), I needed to write it in order to make my peace with the characters and to accept this as my own version of the ultimate ending of the Buffy story.

The first part came later and I basically only wrote it because I had already written the first two paragraphs and it seemed a pity to delete them. I'm sorry if it didn't get very interesting or original.

The Giles story only happened because I had no clue what he could possibly see in the Mirror of Erised. So I made up something sappy. :P But I still like the way it turned out.

Now, though... On you go: Please read and review! :)

5. Chapter 5 by Acajou Amarth [Reviews - 5] Liked (3224 words)
Hey there! It's finally done!

I hope you are happy with the ending. Personally, I find it perfect, even though originally, I was going for something else.

Thank you for sticking with this story to the end. It means a lot to me. :) Please read and review!