Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer
Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial, bringing to light the feelings they’ve suppressed since their first meeting. Takes place in season four but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”
Pairings: Buffy/Spike
Rated: NC-17
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox. I own nothing but I wish Spike was MINE.
Authors Notes: I want to thank SanityFair and no_promises who beta'd this chapter.

 

 In the Harsh Light of Beer Chapter 1

 

 Buffy was assaulted with vivid memories when she saw Spike at the frat party— the thought of his hands caressing her skin, how soft his lips were against hers, and how his cock filled her completely. She found herself aroused as the dreams flashed through her mind, and her eyes glazed over with lust. She was brought back to reality when Parker, her date, waved his hand in front of her face.


"Hey, Buffy, you okay?" That's when she remembered she was there with a nice, normal human Parker, her date. Not Spike, he was an evil, soulless vampire and not there for the snacks, at least those of the chip and dip variety. No, he preferred his snacks to have a heartbeat and lots of blood pumping just beneath the surface.

"I'll be right back." Buffy pushed through the sea of drunken frat boys and coeds toward the direction she last saw his bleached blond hair. Buffy saw him exit the house, and followed him outside, into the night.


"Spike! What the hell are you doing here?"


"Was enjoying the bloody party. Just stepped out for a fag. You slayer?"


"We had a deal Spike. You were never going to come back to Sunnydale, in exchange for you and that crazy ho bag Drusilla's lives or unlives, whatever."


Spike growled in anger and shoved her against the frat house. "Don't talk about Dru like that!"


"Oh, poor Spikey, did Drusilla dump your sorry ass again?"


"Shut your gob!" He pushed from the wall and turned his back on her. "And for your information I dumped her, after I found her with a Chaos Demon."


Buffy just blinked in surprise as he began to pace, grumbling about Chaos Demons with their slimy antlers. She sighed in exasperation and tapped her booted foot, her patience running out.

 "Spike! Drusilla is a cheating ungrateful crazy bitch. Get over it! God, you would think a soulless demon would move on without a problem, not be some pussy whipped crybaby!" She yelled at him. 


One second he was pacing in front of her, the next he was shoving her up against the house again. His eyes flickered between blue and gold. She tried to ignore the feel of his hard, lean body pinning her to the building. Buffy attempted to repress the images of the many times he had taken her against a wall just like this in her dreams. His nostrils flared as he took a deep breath to calm himself. His eyes widened as he recognized the tantalizing smell of her arousal. They were frozen there, staring into each other's eyes, unsure of where the moment was leading.


The spell was broken when a scantily dressed big boobed blonde walked out of the party and into the night. Spotting Spike, she sighed and said,


"Blondie Bear, I don't like the food here. It tastes funny. Can you hurry up and find that stupid Amara gem thingy, so you can take me to France?"


"Harm! Shut the fuck up, you bloody bint!" He rolled his eyes. 


"You're with Harmony!" Buffy burst out laughing, ignoring the voice in her head screaming that Spike was hers and demanded she rip apart anyone who tried to lay claim to him. "Oh, that's just perfect!"


"A bloke's got needs, Slayer." He said as he ran his hands down his chest to frame his obvious bulge, his lips forming his signature smirk. He turned around and walked away from the frat house, grabbing Harmony on his way.

Buffy slid down the wall to the ground, taking a deep breath to calm her frayed nerves. Spike was back in town looking for some gem and boinking Harmony. She would need to tell Giles. Looking down at her watch, she noticed it was late, so the news would keep till morning. Slowly, she rose and walked back into the party determined to forget the demon that filled her dreams and to enjoy the rest of her night with nice, normal human Parker.


***

 

Spike was angry, confused, and his cock was painfully hard as he stomped away from the frat party, dragging Harmony behind him. His mind was racing, trying to understand what had just happened. He had stepped outside for a smoke to calm himself. Ever since those damn dreams started, he found it increasingly difficult to keep down his bloody dinner.

 

He used to revel in the blood. Draining whomever he wanted, but now it just tasted wrong. Strangely, human blood no longer sated the hunger of the demon. Animal blood was better, in that it didn’t make him heave, but it still tasted just as off. However, a frat house full of humans looking and smelling like a gourmet all you can eat buffet was starting to get to him. Especially knowing no one there could feed the demon’s hunger.

 

He was just starting to relax when she stepped out and began yelling at him. Her voice reminded him of all the dreams he had of shagging her in every position imaginable, the lovely taste of her blood on his tongue as he fucked her. Quickly, he shoved the images to the back of his mind and concentrated on the potential danger the Slayer posed. The encounter had been their standard until Spike shoved her up against the frat house for the second time. He pinned her there; his body flush with hers. He was trying to control his anger when he smelled the heady aroma of Buffy's arousal. It stirred his demon, calling it to take what was rightfully his. She's the bloody Slayer you git. There is no way in hell your going to claim her. It's all kinds of wrong! He could feel himself losing the battle for control.

 

Harmony's screeching voice destroyed the moment. Never before had Spike been grateful for her constant prattle. It allowed him to collect himself quickly and gain control of the raging demon that lived inside him. He really didn’t care that the stupid bint let slip his plan involving the gem of Amara. He would have it within a few days. He could avoid the slayer until he found it. Then he could bag his third and be rid of the confusing, frustrating erotic dreams and the strange, warm, fuzzy feelings that came with them. Yes, soon everything would be back to the way they were meant to be.

           

Spike confidently strode into his lair and walked straight to the small cave he had made into his private haven. It was hidden by a harmless enchantment known only to him. An over flowing book shelf - writing desk with matching chair - a couch with a pull out bed he used when he felt like spending the night alone and a crate of whisky filled the small space, the floor was cushioned by Persian rugs and candles littered every available surface giving the cave a homey feel. Spike settled down for a nice wank, for some reason he had no desire to find his release with Harmony. He planned on relaxing for a few hours before going back to drilling for the gem. Soon the Gem of Amara would be his and all would again be right in the world.