Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in updates, last semester got a little insane with the amount of papers and tests due. I want to thank no_promises who beta'd this chapter. Let me know what you think!!! The more you review the faster I write after all reviews feed the muse!!!
Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer

Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer
Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial, bringing to light the feelings they’ve suppressed since their first meeting. Takes place in season four but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”
Pairings: Buffy/Spike
Rated: NC-17
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Fox. I own nothing, but I wish Spike was MINE.

Authors Note: Sorry for the delay in updates, last semester got a little insane with the amount of papers and tests due. I want to thank SanityFair who beta'd this chapter. Let me know what you think!!!  The more you review the faster I write after all reviews feed the muse!!!

 

In the Harsh Light of Beer Chapter 3

 

"Spike! Drusilla is a cheating ungrateful crazy bitch. Get over it! God, you would think a soulless demon would move on without a problem, not be some pussy whipped crybaby!" Buffy yelled at him.


One second he was pacing in front of her, the next he was shoving her up against the house again. His eyes flicked back and forth between blue and gold. She tried to ignore the feel of his hard lean body pinning her to the building and attempted to clear the torrent of images flooding her mind of the many times he had taken her against a wall just like this in her dreams. His nostrils flared as he took a deep breath to calm himself. His eyes widened then became half lidded in lust as he recognized the tantalizing smell of her arousal. He lunged forward, growling deep on his chest then violently claimed her mouth with his. She was shocked by his reaction and waited for the expected feelings of disgust to take over as he kissed her. They never came. Instead, something inside began to surface, eager to claim what was hers. Buffy wound her fingers through his hair and pulled, forcing him to look at her.


Eyes wide in surprise, Spike raised his hand and caressed her altered features. "My Golden Goddess." He whispered as his fingertips ghosted over her skin. Growling, she yanked his head to the side and plunged her fangs into his throat obliterating the mark of his sire; he moaned, as she slowly drank from him. She smirked when she felt his face shift against her neck as his demon took over. She gasped in pleasure when he sank his fangs into her neck. He gently shook his head, destroying any marks marring her skin. As they drank and their pleasure grew, both were unaware of the binding patterns of growls they emitted into the night air.

*****


Giles closed the book he was reading with a sigh. His dining table was covered in piles of discarded books, dirty dishes, and empty donut boxes with no useful information to show for the mess.


"Anything?" he asked his companions as he pinched the bridge of his nose.


"G-man it’s almost lunch, and we haven't found anything about Slayers with fangs. Are you sure she said fangs?" Xander ignored the annoyed look Giles was sending his way due to the distasteful nickname.


"Maybe she said faint. It kinda sounds the same," Willow added.


"I am quite certain she said fangs, but perhaps we should take a break until she wakes."


"Oh thank god! This research is really starting to cut into my orga—" Anya was interrupted by a growl coming from the direction of the unconscious Slayer.

Willow, who was researching at the coffee table, gasped when she looked up at her friends.

"Um, Giles, not so much with the disbelieviness." 


"Dear lord," Giles exclaimed as he looked down at his sleeping charge. He wasn't too surprised to find delicate little fangs clearly visible as she continued to growl. However, he was shocked to see was that her usual sun-kissed skin, now had a distinct golden glimmer to it. Quickly, everyone huddled around the slumbering Slayer. Anya's face paled as she looked down at her almost friend. Her eyes glazing over, as she got lost in thought of a time long past and became unaware of the conversation going on around her. 


"Huh, interesting." The usually silent werewolf's voice brought Anya back to the present. "I can actually understand what she's growling."


"Really?" Giles asked excitedly "Can you tell me what it means."


Panicking, Anya lightly elbowed Oz to get his attention. Startled, he looked up at her; she frantically shook her head trying to convey to him not to tell them what Buffy was saying in the primal demon language. No one witnessed the odd exchange because their attention was still riveted on their sleeping friend.

"Uh, it loses something in the translation."

 

"That’s unfortunate." Giles slumped his shoulders slightly in disappointment.

"Oh, I know. We should take a picture of her!" Xander said jumping up and down in excitement, "That way the Buffster can see how she looks with fangs."

"I think I have a Polaroid around here somewhere." Giles quickly began to search his apartment. As he searched the rest of the group watched the slayer who continued to growl, each one getting louder and louder. They all jumped when she abruptly awoke. She jackknifed and released a loud low long moan. Her glowing green eyes were wide in the shock of her sudden waking. It was in that moment Giles snapped a picture of the true face of the slayer.

*****

Spike was awakened from his deep sleep by the most earth shattering orgasm he ever experienced.

"Holy shit!" he gasped, trying to catch his unneeded breath. Cautiously, he lifted the sheet covering his lower half to inspect the mess he made. "That was different,” he stated to the empty room. Chuckling he thought of the change that had come over the slayer, she was bloody gorgeous when her demon took over. Idly, he wondered what she would be like if she let her demon out and got down off her damned high horse.  Balling up the sheet, he threw it on the floor and slowly fell back asleep with a satisfied smile on his face and thoughts of a certain slayer on his mind.

*****

Buffy awoke disoriented and in the throes of the most intense orgasm she’d ever had. Slowly, she became aware of her surroundings and subconsciously slipped out of her game face as she tried to catch her breath. She eeped and her face flamed in embarrassment when she realized her friends and father figure were staring at her. "Uh. Hi guys what's the what?"

Everyone just continued to look at her, standing around her still and silent like statues.

"Uhm, why are you all staring at me?" Her distraught tone galvanized everyone into action.

"You went all fangy, golden, and growly in your sleep," Willow answered smiling brightly at her best friend. "Oh! Giles took a picture!"

"It's still developing." He handed the Polaroid over to Buffy. "How are you feeling this morning? Less shaken I hope."

She gently nodded her head. "Giles, not that I'm not grateful, but what did you give me last night?"

He ripped his glasses off and began cleaning them, finding himself unable to meet his slayers eyes. "You seemed to be panicking, and I thought it was perhaps best for you to sleep through it. The pills I gave you were sleeping aids."

"Oh." Buffy looked down at her lap, uncertain how she felt about what he did. In her hands at the now developed Polaroid. "Holy shit! Is that what I really looked like?"

Her exclamation broke the tension in the room and everyone relaxed.

"Quite exquisite actually," Giles said, the corners of his mouth lifting slightly as he finally looked at her. 

She tentatively returned his smile. "So what have you found out?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely nothing, zippo, zilch, nada!" Xander answered her, gesturing emphatically with his hands. Buffy looked around her watchers apartment taking in not only the state of the room but its occupants. Giles looked exhausted from staying up almost all night. Xander and Willow appeared to be eager to discover what was behind her transformation. Oz, as usual, was stoic. Finally, her eyes rested on Anya. The normally vibrant ex-vengeance demon was as white as a sheet, with a strange shadow in her eyes and a fake smile plastered on her face in an attempt to hide what was bothering her. "I bet you guys worked up quite an appetite with all the research," Buffy interrupted the light conversation going on around her. "How about I go pick us all up some lunch?  It’s the least I can do. Besides, it would give me a chance to shower and change. How's that sound?"

"Brilliant my dear," Giles replied "I'm sure we can enjoy the break while you're gone."

"Hey, Anya, do you want to join me? You look like you could use some sun." Buffy asked, not missing the slightly relieved look on Anya's face or the hurt one on Willow's

"Okay."

They quickly made their exit from Giles' loft and started to walk towards UC Sunnydale in a companionable silence. They were just reaching the college campus when Buffy spoke.

"So Anya, what do you know?"

Anya cautiously looked around. "Not here, out in the open. There's no way to tell who could be listening."

Buffy nodded. "Will my dorm room be okay?"

"Yes."

They continued to steadily walk toward Stevenson Hall in silence. Buffy stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Parker-No Call-Abrams chatting up another girl. Anger flared, but she pushed it aside, secure in the knowledge that once she just talked to him everything would be right on track with nice normal human Parker. After all that's what Angel wanted for her, why he left, even if it wasn’t what she truly wanted. "Hey Ahn, give me a sec." Without waiting for a reply she plastered a smile on her face and made her way over to Parker.

*****

Spike sighed in contentment as he walked onto the college campus, enjoying the sun as it warmed his normally cool flesh. Thankfully, he remembered to thoroughly coat his exposed skin with bloody sunscreen before heading out to find the Slayer. Taking a moment to sniff the air, he quickly picked up her mouth watering scent of vanilla and cherry blossoms, plus an underlying scent all her own that hinted at the power she possessed as the slayer. His demon stirred when it recognized the scent of what he considered his mate. Spike pushed the feeling aside and focused on finding, fighting, and killing the infuriating bint that plagued his dreams. The demon wailed at this thought. Spike rolled his eyes and told it to shut it as he wondered what kind of fucked up demon would want the slayer as its mate. He came to a stop as he set foot in the quad. He surveyed the college students loitering there. Golden blonde hair shining in the California sun quickly gave away her location. She was talking to an Angel-shaped ponce. His blood began to boil as his sensitive hearing clearly heard their conversation. The more he heard the more he wanted to put Angelus' torturous ways to shame on the nancy boy talking to his Slayer. Not only was his bloody demon screaming for retribution but pillock, William who considered Drusilla his salvation from mediocrity, was also demanding vengeance. They both craved the blood of this git who not only dared to touch what has his, but cast her aside, as though she was nothing but a cheap common whore. Murder in his eyes, Spike began to stalk toward Buffy and the bloody bastard standing in front of her. His rage was so consuming that the bench in front of him went unnoticed until he tried to walk through it and ended up flat on his back staring up at the big bright blue sky. The fall reminded him why exactly he had been out looking for the Slayer. To kill her, not defend her bloody honor. She certainly was not his, and in no way shape or form did he want her to be. He just wanted to make the dreams stop and find release in a willing pussy instead of his hand. At least Spike told himself that over and over, hoping if he thought it hard enough it would be true. After all, what kind of vampire fell in love with the fucking Slayer?