Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello! Thank you for all the lovely reviews! I hope to receive even more for this one ;) Please let me know what you think!
Spike wandered through the streets of Sunnydale. Although it was a small town, it was easy to get lost through the many curving streets. If he had been paying attention to where he was going, he certainly would have known where he was. But he was so lost in his thoughts that he became lost himself. He didn’t recognize anything.

Like a little child, all he wanted was to go home, but he did not have a home anymore. Everything he had, he shared with Dru and then she was gone…

All he wanted was Buffy

Buffy: with her sweet voice and perfect smile, with her emerald eyes, aged beyond her years. She was his salvation, but what was he to her? What could he possibly give her?

He hadn’t given Dru much; if anything, he had taken away anything that resembled the girl she once was. Spike remembered a time when he’d loved her… at least he thought he did. Back when she’d seemed exotic and fascinating, when she’d taken an interest in him. She had shaped him from the shy, stuttering William to the slick punk Spike. Why did she want him? Perhaps that was why he stayed with her in the beginning: because he couldn’t understand why a girl like Dru picked him out of everyone. It felt good for a while.

Spike kicked a stone across the pavement.

And what about the baby? She told him she wasn’t lying, but the next day she fled. What if it was the truth, but it wasn’t his? Spike wouldn’t have been surprised at her infidelity. But what if it was true and it was his, and he just let her go? He’d always wanted a child, but he didn’t want Dru’s and he felt like a terrible person.

He walked for hours and thought about his life, Dru, the baby, Buffy and everything that was bothering him. Eventually, he found his way back home and looked through the window to see if Buffy was home.

Sadly, she left the curtain down. Part of Spike wanted to march across the street and demand her to come out. He didn’t want to admit it, but she could be with someone else. The thought made his blood boil and freeze at the same time. Spike’s knuckles turned white as they curled into fists. His eyes narrowed as he desperately tried to see past the purple shade.

After a few minutes, he gave up and collapsed onto his bed. He wanted her comfort and the scent of vanilla that permeated her room surrounding him. Spike missed her and fell asleep cradling a pillow between his arms.

…………………………………….

Buffy paced her room. What was going on with him? Spike looked like a kicked puppy when he showed up at her door


As she climbed the tree, she realized how inappropriate it was of her to crawl into his house. She stopped and hung on a branch for a moment, considering it. What if Dru was there? What if they are… after all, she is his wife she thought dismally. Looking up to the window, she decided to proceed anyway and hoped that they were either asleep or not in the same room.

She found a somewhat sturdy branch close to the window and wrapped her legs around to steady herself. Buffy smiled when she saw him sleeping, his face scrunched up in determination. It was dark, but he seemed to be alone. She knocked lightly on the glass.

“Spike,” she whispered. “Spike!” The man moved a little in his sleep but showed no signs of waking up. Buffy rolled her eyes and tried to open it from the outside. When it didn’t budge, she banged on the window a little harder “Spike, wake up!” she said a little too loud. She glanced around to make sure no one heard her.

Luckily, Spike sat up in bed.

“Spike!” she whispered as she tapped on the glass again. His eyes widened and he immediately ran to the window. Tugging at the painted pane, Spike struggled to let her in. Fearing that she’d fall from the tree and break her neck, he pulled at it with newfound vigar.

“I hate this blasted window!”

“What?” she said.

“What did you say?” he replied. Both voices were muffled by the thick glass and painted-over pane. “Hold on.”

“What?!” she said a little too loud again. Spike pointed to the window and motioned trying to open it. Buffy nodded, although slightly amused. She placed her hand against it and willed him to look at her. While he fretted, he noticed her hand and the twinkle of her eyes. She smiled as he slowly lifted his hand to meet hers.

Suddenly, the branch shuddered under her weight. A fearful expression faced him as heard it begin to snap. In the heat of the moment, Spike barreled out of the room, down the stairs and onto the lawn. He caught her just as he reached the tree, but the branch came down with her and smacked him across the face. He collapsed and she fell on top of him.

“Oh my god, Spike? Are you okay?!” she asked concernedly.

“Yeah, I’m fine pet.”

“No, no you’re not! You’re head is bleeding!” she exclaimed.

“Can’t feel a thing. Are you okay?” he asked seriously.

“A little bruised probably, but you got the brunt of it.”

“Let me see,” he said sitting up.

“Spike, I’m fi-“

“Let me see it,” he demanded sternly. She didn’t know if it was the worry written across his face or the stern tambour of his ‘teacher voice’, but she silently complied and showed her leg. He gently placed it on his lap and looked it over. Nodding to himself, he placed it back on the grass. “It looks alright, just to make sure we’ll put some ice on it. Come inside, luv,” he said standing up. They walked up his steps in silence and into the house. Spike took some ice out of the freezer, wrapped some paper towels around it and lightly placed it on her leg.

“Next time love, just come through the front door,” He chuckled lightly before he felt the wound on his head throb.

“Spike? You should probably put a band-aid on that.”

“You’re probably right,” he replied, but he didn’t want to stop holding her calf.

“Well, if I came through the front door, you know, someone not you could answer it.” Spike didn’t say anything for a moment and stared at the floor.

“Dru is… Dru’s gone,” he said softly. Buffy searched his face for any flicker of emotion, but he hid it well.

“Oh…” she said, unable to come up with something better. “What happened?”

“Dru left a note… said it was ‘time for her to leave’. Said she lied about… some things,” Spike didn’t know why he couldn’t just tell Buffy about the baby situation, but something inside him warned against it.

“I’m so sorry, Spike,” Buffy said truthfully. Spike wanted to respond, but he just couldn’t. He looked at her as she sat on his kitchen counter, feeling sorry for him. The numbness he’d felt since Dru’s disappearance took hold and all he wanted was her comfort. He wanted to feel something.

Spike kissed her passionately like he was desperate for something within her. Buffy didn’t know how he was feeling, but if it were what he needed, then she wouldn’t ask questions. She’d comply. And then they’d talk.

Buffy’s face was fevered at he kissed her everywhere he could. Spike quickly pulled off her nightdress and kissed a path down her stomach. Wetness pooled between her thighs and she imagined them together. Wrapping her legs around his waist she pushed his sweatpants down with her heels. There was no time for foreplay this time, just a base need for one another.

He pushed into her in one motion and reveled in the sweet agony of their connection. He drove into her again and again as she lay on the table, her hair splayed out like a goddess.

“You know you love my cock in your delicious pussy,” he moaned as he thrust into her with ardor. She mumbled a reply, but it wasn’t good enough. “Tell me how much you need it, baby.” He quickened the pace. “Tell me I’m the only one who can make you feel it.”

As his strokes became wilder, he begged her to tell him with his eyes. She was so lost in her passion that she couldn’t respond, but he took her silence as something entirely different. He imagined her with all the other men she’d taken to bed. Jealousy surged through him. No one but me, no one. She is MINE was the only thought running through him. A primal need for her ripped to the surface as he yelled, “TELL ME, Buffy!”

Buffy was incoherent as the wild passion of their lovemaking overthrew her senses. Without a response again, Spike stopped his movement. It was then that Buffy noticed the desperation and insecurity on his eyes. His thrusts slowed.

“I-“

“Tell me I’m the only one,” he interrupted softly, his voice cracking slightly in effort. Buffy could not believe how quickly his demeanor had changed. Now only inches from her, she could see his expression of uncertainty; she stroked his cheek and watched as he nuzzled into her palm.


Chapter End Notes:
So, yeah, that's a nice little cliffhanger there. Not to worry though! More to come soon enough :) Please review!