Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello!! Thank you all for your lovely reviews! I am very appreciative and I'm so glad you are all enjoying the story so much! :D I am pretty excited about this chapter and the next so let me know what you think and review!!
“Tell me I’m the only one,” he interrupted softly…

Buffy bit her lip, not knowing what to say. True, she had feelings for him. But was she willing to give herself to someone who would hurt her like Riley had? She didn’t know if she could take another blow like that. Considering their circumstances, it was even more likely that they couldn’t stay together.

But her silence made him weak. The blue eyes that were full of passion and worry only a moment before began to harden. Wasn’t this a man who just had his heart broken? Buffy didn’t know how far her feelings ran, but she felt enough to help him.

She gently guided him back to face her.

“You are the only one,” she said simply. He searched her eyes for any hesitation, but in them he saw only sincerity. Spike smiled a little as his fears subsided, barely believing how much power she had over him. One touch, one single look from her sent him round the world.

She didn’t lie to him; he was the only one. But how long would that last? The physicality, the passion: those she could understand and deal with. The real, heartfelt emotions that once plagued her were a mystery now. She couldn’t handle it at that moment.

With her legs wrapped around his waist, she encouraged him to continue pumping into her. He did so with enthusiasm and made the table tip and groan. Buffy let go of it all and let herself feel him within her. She moaned as he changed his angle. He drove her into the table with fervor until they both reached blissful completion.

Both of them tried in vain to regain their breath. They didn’t know how long they remained there; it could have been minutes or hours or a millennia. But they were perfectly sated in each other’s arms.

“I love you,” he whispered reverently, gently nipping at her neck. It was lucky he didn’t see the way her eyes widened in surprise and in fear. When he lifted his head to gaze at her again, she smiled and nodded slightly.

She kissed him with her eyes open.

Spike pulled out and internally whined at the loss of contact. He already wanted her again and the thought scared him.

“I should probably go,” she whispered gently. There was a moment of pure panic in his eyes, but it deflated just as quickly.

“Okay,” he said as he kissed her temple lovingly. He watched as she cleaned herself up and pulled her nightdress back over her head. She gave him a peck on the cheek and headed out.

“I’ll see you at school,” she said looking over her shoulder before closing the door.

“See you,” he said to the empty hallway.

…………………………………….

Spike glared at the empty classroom as the final bell rang.

Shouldn’t have said I love her, shouldn’t have said it! Why did I do that?! Spike complained internally. He didn’t regret the sentiment, but he shouldn’t have told her like that. She was only a kid for Pete’s sake! How could he expect her to be able to handle that level of emotion or even commitment at her age? Spike ran his hands roughly through his hair. She’s only ten years younger… he tried to justify, but he just shook his head. Ten years is a long time.

Spike recalled the events of the day:

He arrived at school twenty minutes earlier than usual to maybe catch Buffy beforehand. She didn’t even show up for his class. From what he understood, she missed the first two periods of school and wandered into her Civics class fifteen minutes late.

What was she trying to do to him? Or what was she trying to tell him?

He looked for her during lunch, but couldn’t find her. Even went as far as to ask a few of her mates if they’d seen her. He used the excuse that she missed his class and did not turn it the assignment due that morning. The red head claimed she hadn’t seen her all day.

Buffy hadn’t visited, hadn’t contact him in any way. Maybe she just needed time to process, but if that was the case, why didn’t she just tell him that? He surmised he could handle it.

But the longer she was away, the more he ached for her. If he could only just see her for a moment it would be alright. But no: she had to avoid him and make him anxious all day.

Then, in the middle of seventh period, he thought he saw a glimpse of her outside his door. He felt the urge to jump out of the room mid-sentence and make sure, but what about the twenty some-odd kids he was teaching? Part of him wanted to say ‘the hell with them,’ but he knew better. He’d see her again; after all, she lived across the street. How far could she go?

Eighth period came and went. By the time the final bell rang, Spike’s agitation reached its peak.


He really needed to control his emotions better.

Spike squeezed a stress ball he’d found a few weeks earlier on the floor. It didn’t calm his nerves at all. He threw it across the room and it hit the wall with a small smacking sound. It helped a little. He didn’t bother picking it up.

…………………………………….

Buffy felt bad for avoiding him all day. She justified that it wasn’t her fault that she slept through her alarm clock and missed the first two periods of school. It wasn’t her fault that she decided to eat lunch in the library because she wanted to catch up on some homework she had neglected to do. And it wasn’t her fault that when she’d walked to the bathroom during seventh period, she’d taken the long way to pass by his classroom.

It wasn’t that she didn’t want to see him. In point of fact, she missed him terribly all day. After the weekend they’d shared, Buffy was itching to talk to him but what would she say? She still hadn’t figured out her feelings or what she wanted out of their ‘relationship’.

It was clear what he wanted. She hoped he wasn’t worrying too much about her. At least, not as much as she was worrying about him…

Buffy slammed her head on to her locker as the final bell rang. God, what was it about that man? What was this power he held over her?

As she rubbed at the small bump forming on her head, she realized that waiting wasn’t the answer. It was just making it worse and she was a person of action.

Decision made, Buffy walked quickly to the classroom where she hoped he’d still be. When she reached the door, she saw him sitting huddled over with his hands covering his face. Buffy took a deep breath and went inside, closing the door behind her with a thwak.

He sat up straight at her entrance. Buffy slammed her books on the table more violently than she had intended.

“We’re having the talk. Now.”


Chapter End Notes:
I am evil >:) Review and the cliffhanger will be resolved faster!