Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello Again! Sorry to keep you all waiting so long, this has been an utterly hectic week!! But I will hopefully post the next one by Monday or maybe even earlier! Remember, the muse works better with feedback so review!! Enjoy!
“I love you too, Spike,” she whispered back.

“No you don’t, but thanks for saying it,” he said with a small smile. Buffy didn’t respond and kissed him instead, hoping her action would speak louder than her words.

It didn’t.

Spike was elated to hear it, but he couldn’t quite believe her after all she’d said. But she’d feel the same way about him eventually.

“But you’re my girl?” he asked with a hint of desperation in his voice he couldn’t hide. Buffy nodded.

“I’m your girl.” She moved in to kiss him again, but he pushed her away gently. The look on his face was now very serious.

“No more men, Buffy. Only me. Do you understand?” he stated simply. Buffy wanted to role her eyes, and yet a small part of her felt it might be difficult to stay with him. What if he got bored of her like Riley had? What if she couldn’t handle it?

With an expression of complete resolve she didn’t entirely feel, she replied that she understood.

…………………………………….

Four months later

Buffy giggled as she kissed him one more time.

“I have to get to my next class!” she begged, beaming at him. Spike kissed her thoroughly and pushed her out his office door.

“Go! Go! I can’t have you shirk your schoolwork,” he said laughing.

“That’s not what you said the other night,” she responded playfully. Spike pretended to kick her butt out the door and watched it sway back and forth as she left.

“Tease,” he said to himself.

Buffy was practically glowing when she reached her next class, which was surprising considering the subject matter was physics. But he just made her so happy that she couldn’t contain herself. She sat in her usual spot next to Willow and readied herself for a period of doodling Spike’s name in her notebook and staring out the window.

Willow, on the other hand, looked nervous as she stared at the chalkboard.

“Buffy?” she whispered as the teacher began his lecture.

“What’s up?” Buffy replied giddily. Mr. Brennan gave the girls a pointed look and continued with his very interesting facts about velocity. Buffy rolled her eyes and passed a note to Willow.

-whats up?

-I have a favor to ask, but its kind of embarrassing… Willow wrote back.

-wills, come on! tell me! Buffy scrawled back.

-Ok. I saw you talking to Angel the other day and I was wondering if, you know, you could ask him out for me?

-Willow! you get on with your bad self! ☺

-I know you guys were friends when you were in the play together so I was wondering if you would. No pressure though!!

-of course I would! i’ll do it next time i see him. promise.


Willow spent the rest of the class period in a nervous, but excited, stupor. Buffy was just happy she was finally branching out. Of course, she wished Willow would ask him out herself but she understood her friends’ nervousness.

It was lucky that Buffy found him in the hallway just as the lunch bell rang.

…………………………………….

Spike was whistling to himself as he strolled down the badly tiled hall. Of course, Buffy occupied his mind. He saw her up ahead and was planning to pinch her a bit, but then saw her talking to someone.

Spike tried to hide himself behind a row of lockers, but knew how ridiculous he must have looked. Buffy was flirting with that Angel bloke! Twisting her hair around her finger and touching his arm… They seemed to be having a good time talking to one another and he didn’t want to intrude. After all, it could just be an innocent conversation. He was her man.

Wasn’t he?

Spike’s blood ran cold as Angel moved in to kiss his girl, but Buffy gently pushed him away and giggled.

How long had this been going on?

The urge to tear him away from her and punch his lights out was overwhelming, but he had no place to do so. He was a teacher, for crying out loud. Teachers didn’t just pummel their students. It didn’t stop him from imagining the battle scene in his head as they said goodbye and walked their separate ways.

Cool, calm and collect as usual, Spike walked down the hall past the idiot teenage boy toward Buffy. He found her checking her phone and leaning against her locker.

“What the hell was that?!” he demanded in a harsh whisper. Buffy looked up surprised at the urgency in his voice.

“What was what?” she asked.

“Are you… are you sleeping with him?”

“No! God, what are you talking about?!” she replied almost laughing at the idea. Spike apparently didn’t find it amusing.

“Cause the way you were flirting with him… it was an awful lot like you were with him.” Spike wasn’t even listening to her and Buffy was two seconds away from storming off.

“You’re being ridiculous, Spike,” she said impatiently. He knew she was edging to get away from him, but his jealousy was maddening and he couldn’t let her go.

“Am I?” he whined a little more than he wanted to. “Because you promised me… you promised that I’d be the only guy in your life and there you were practically shoving yourself in front of him!”

“How dare you speak to me like that! I did no such thing!”

“I saw it all happen!”

“What, are you spying on me?” she said, pushing him away.

“No! I was just… I was walking and I saw you two there and I… What’s going on Buffy?!” he replied, his voice softening and growing more desperate with each word. His jealousy took over and he cornered her.

Then, Spike had Buffy against the wall. His strong arms trapped her from either side while his knee rubbed between her thighs. She moaned into his hard kiss, their fight momentarily forgotten.

“You’re mine, Buffy. Mine,” he spoke roughly into the crook of her neck. Buffy remembered why they were there and pushed him away again.

Suddenly, someone squeaked and Buffy and Spike turned to face it. The girl stared in horror for a few seconds before turning on her heels and booking it in the opposite direction.

“Willow, wait!” Buffy said as she went after her desperately. Spike cursed and slid to the floor.


Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you all think!