Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! Heres the newest chapter, I hope you all enjoy it!! Please review and tell me what you think!
The rest of the class went by monotonously. A few brave souls raised their hands to answer every question as the rest stared into space. Sometimes Spike really thought he picked the wrong profession. The kids didn’t really seem to care about the literature that he held in such high esteem. He couldn’t blame them; after all, he felt that way about science when he was growing up in London.

It seemed English wasn’t for everyone, particularly Americans.

Spike felt like a ponce for treating Buffy the way he did. He knew it was wrong and felt badly about embarrassing her, but what could he do? He needed a reason to keep her after school and if that’s what it took to get her there then he was willing. Today was the day. He wasn’t sure exactly how to go about pursuing a student, but he didn’t think it would be too difficult. After all, he wasn’t much older than her and she seemed to be moderately promiscuous anyway.

The real trouble was the potential consequences of his actions. He went through every possible scenario and outcome of a relationship with Buffy, but he couldn’t help it. Spike ached for her. Seeing her through his window every night made his blood boil and just the thought of it made him close his eyes want. Oh how he wanted her.

So the school be damned, the legal system be damned, his wife…

He did feel badly about his wife. He had never been unfaithful to her. Before Buffy, he never seriously considered the idea. But things had changed and he just couldn’t take it anymore.

It wasn’t that he didn’t care about his wife. In the beginning, he and Drusilla were a power couple. They were the relationship that everyone wanted, that everyone was jealous of. But when Dru got pregnant, it was time to step up and be a man: to marry the girl at twenty-one years old…

Spike shook off the memory and glanced at the clock. 2:26. Four minutes to go. Oh shit, oh shit, what am I going to say? What the hell am I doing? This is bad, oh god this is a bad idea…

But Buffy had looked delicious that morning. Her white tank top, black mini skirt and red sweater (his favorite color) had done the trick. Spike looked down at his light blue, pinstriped collar shirt and khakis and sighed. God knows he never would have worn something so “establishment” back in his day. Spike felt about a hundred years old and a million miles away from where he started.

Spike sighed again and looked at the clock. Only one minute passed since his previous glance. Running his hands through his lightly gelled hair, Spike continued to consider the mistakes he made and the mistake he was about to make. He rubbed his eyes in an attempt to set his mind straight, but only succeeded in getting bits of crusted gel in his eye. Angrily, Spike rushed over to the sink to wash it out before Buffy arrived.

…………………………………….

The bell rang and Buffy slowly zipped up her backpack. She was not looking forward to being yelled at by Mr. Giles. Buffy sighed as she swung her backpack on. She glanced at the clock and realized she would be late to their appointment.

“Damn it, now he’s gonna be pissed,” she mumbled to herself as she pushed out the door and ran to his classroom.

Huffing and puffing, she finally made it to his door. Buffy knocked and sighed again as she opened it.

“Argh!” cried a voice in the corner near the sink. Tilting her head to the right, Buffy admired the marvelous ass in front of her. For a moment she stood there, unmoving, mesmerized by the sight. Why had she never noticed this before? It was possibly because he rarely wrote on the board and didn’t bend over often to show his posterior to the class.

“Damn shame, if you ask me,” Buffy said to herself, quietly.

“Hmm?” he said as he blindly reached for a paper towel. Buffy shook off the image, tore off a piece and handed it to him. “Thank you,” he said muffled with his face buried in the towel. When he looked up, he seemed surprised and fearful for a small moment. Then he immediately returned to his calm, cold state. Maybe Buffy hallucinated the look; after all, his eyes were bloodshot from washing them. But for a second, she was lost in the blue of his eyes.

He wasn’t too bad to look at. Who am I kidding? He’s gorgeous! What, with the cheekbones and those electric eyes and his hair, shining blond and white…

Buffy always found Mr. Giles attractive, but he thought of her as a child. She knew because he treated her like an idiot five-year old. She reminded herself it was about time for the yelling to start.

So why did he stay quiet?

“Look, Mr. Giles, I’m sorry about today,” she began tiredly and not entirely sincerely. “I didn’t mean what I said and… I don’t know, whatever else you want me to say. We good?” she smiled hopefully.

“Miss Summers…” Mr. Giles stared down at his desk as if contemplating something very important. Buffy hoped he wasn’t going to call her parents; they would have a field day. “I didn’t call you in here to talk about what happened in class. Well, I mean, maybe it has to do with that a little, but that’s not the point… The point is–“ He looked up at her, now apparently at a loss for words. Buffy leaned against a desk in front of him and raised her eyebrow.

Jesus Christ, her skirt is lifting up. Dumb desks and smooth tan legs… Spike thought. His mouth went dry and he couldn’t think of a single thing to say. He practiced his speech over a hundred times, but his mind was a blank in the face of her exposed skin.

“Um… Mr. Giles? Are you, uh, ok?” Buffy asked, genuinely concerned.

“Buffy–“

“Ooh, that’s the first time you’ve ever said my name I think,” she said with a cocky smile. The corners of his mouth lifted ever so slightly. Then, stood up and leaned against his own desk.

“I wanted to ask you if… well, I wanted to know…Why do you wear such short skirts?!” Her legs had crossed mid sentence, catching his attention and removing his train of thought. To say Buffy looked surprised was an understatement.

“Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean–“

“I mean, you always wear these revealing clothes in my class and I don’… Why do you do that?” He asked abruptly, barely able to make sense. Spike wanted her and there she was, basically flashing herself in front of him. It was more than he could take and sent his brain into hyper drive.

“You can’t just cover up… those lovely legs…” he couldn’t stop himself as he looked down at her tanned limbs; he reached for her. Buffy didn’t know what else to do, so she sat there stunned as he grasped her muscular thighs. He stroked them lightly as he looked up into her doe-eyes. “Do you understand what I am saying, luv?” he said, his voice hoarse with lust. Buffy shuddered from the contact and from his closeness. She didn’t know what kind of trick he was torturing her with, but it was working. As she stared into the depths of his blue eyes, she wanted nothing more than to kiss him.

For a moment, they both forgot they were teacher and student; for a moment they forgot the rest of world and just stared at one another, neither able to move. After what felt like a century of tension, Spike leaned in and kissed her. Her lips tasted like ripe peaches and immediately accommodated his. She moved to deepen the kiss, but Spike opened his eyes and realized what he had done.

Spike gaped at Buffy, legs half-splayed open and breathing labored, eyes half closed and wanting. He let go of her luscious legs and stumbled back, unable to look at her. Almost falling, he scrambled to get behind his desk and grabbed his briefcase and coat. With one last glance at her reddened face and wide eyes, Spike bolted out of the room.

“Huh?” she asked the empty classroom.


Chapter End Notes:
I know its not what most people were expecting, but not to worry ;) Fun chapters are about to happen if you review! Well, they'll happen regardless, but reviews make me write faster!! (It's a scientifically proven fact :D)