Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy! :)
“Well?” Anya cocked her head to one side, waiting for an answer.

Busted.

Buffy had always hated being backed into a corner with anything, but now she knew that she didn’t have any choice but to confide in Anya as well as Willow.

When Anya wanted to know something she was like a dog with a bone and Buffy was pretty sure that the frank young woman wasn’t about to let some juicy sex gossip slip through her skinny little fingers.

Buffy sighed, and motioned for Anya to sit down, which the brunette happily did with a little flourish.

Once she was seated, she leaned forward impatiently in a way that reminded Buffy of a puppy her father had gotten her for her fourth birthday. It was clear that she was eager to know everything.

“Listen, Anya.” Buffy said sternly. “If I tell you this you have got to promise that you will never repeat a word to anyone.”

“Ooh, like a secret? A girl-talk secret? I love those. And I love this…the girl-talk thing. Because we’re gal pals, like Cosmo is always talking about.” Anya smiled wistfully. “You would be Carrie, Buffy.” She gestured to the blonde with a wave of her hand. “And Willow you are Miranda, although you have more than a dash of Charlotte. Obviously I’d be Samantha, because we both love sex. And we both have copious amounts of sex…the hot, wild, sweaty kind of copulation.”

Anya grinned while Willow looked at the other girl perplexed. Buffy just shrugged.

“I’m talking about Sex and the City!” Anya clarified with a hefty sigh, slapping her palms against her thighs. “Don’t you people know anything?”

“This isn’t a TV show, Ahn. This is real life and it’s serious. If you tell anyone what you just heard then Spike could get into real trouble.” Buffy warned her.

“I know, I know.” Anya said. “I’m actually very good at keeping secrets. Like the time Amy told me that Larry is actually gay, I never told another living soul.” She paused thoughtfully. “Except for you two. But that doesn’t count…on account of the gal-pal thing.”

“Anya…” Buffy growled in frustration. “I’m not kidding. You can’t tell anyone, ever!”

“I won’t tell anyone!” She assured Buffy, who didn’t look convinced. “Now we need to hear all the details!”

“We really, really don’t!” Willow insisted, flushing an even darker shade of crimson.

“Of course we do!” Anya waved off Willow’s disinterest with a flick of her hand.

Didn’t these people understand the concept of gal-pal sharing?

“Now,” Anya continued matter-of-factly as she studied Buffy. “Does he have a large penis?”

“Anya!” Buffy cried, slapping her head into her hands. She could feel every cell in her body violently cringing.

“Oh dear God!” Willow buried her face in her hands, her face flushed with embarrassment.

“What?” Anya said, seemingly unperturbed. “A large member is very important on a man. How else can he hit your G-spot? G-spot orgasms are the very best kind of orgasm, I’ll have you know. When Xander and me…”

“Oookay!” Willow interrupted stutteringly. “I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don’t need to hear any stories that contain you, Xander and G…G…spots.”

“Right there with you, Wills.” Buffy agreed.

“No you’re right.” Anya conceded. “We were talking about Buffy, Spike and G-spots.”

“Oh god.” Buffy bit her bottom lip, not sure if she wanted to laugh or cry.

“So how long has this torrid affair been going on?” Anya inquired. “Oh my God! Were you two boinking each other behind your mother’s back?”

“No! There was nothing of the…boinking…kind. And it’s not…torrid. It only just happened, two nights ago.” Buffy assured her.

“How did it happen?”

Buffy exhaled a puff of air and began to repeat the story of Angel’s attack and Spike rescuing her to Anya. Anya nodded along with the story. Her face contorting into horror as Buffy described how Angel had almost raped her and romantic softness with a hint of jealousy coloring her expression as she talked about how Spike had kicked the other man’s ass for what he’d tried to do.

Both Anya and Willow’s faces melted in awe as she talked about their first real kiss.

“When we kissed it was like in one of those real sappy chick flicks.” She laughed. “It’s not as if I’ve never been kissed before, but I’ve never been kissed like that. He made my insides uber-melty.”

The other two girls sighed wistfully, and Buffy continued.

“There was some…petting when we got home, which was really nice. And then we talked a lot. He told me…some private stuff. And I guess we got caught up in the moment. Not that I regret it! But I was going to wait to…go all the way with him. I guess I couldn’t. I needed him and he…needed me. It was a whole big needing thing. But when we…did it I felt like we were making love, like it was more than just sex.” Buffy concluded.

“Was he good?” Anya asked.

Keeping her eyes down to try and minimize her blush, she nodded.

“He was amazing!”

“Oooh!” Anya squealed, almost flying out of her seat in all the excitement. With Buffy finally spilling the details, she really needed to know more about Spike’s size now! “And he’s big?”

Buffy felt her face become impossibly redder before she eventually nodded again.

“Huge!” She finally admitted under her breath.

Anya fanned herself with her hand and her eyes darted excitedly from Buffy to Willow, the latter looking as if she was about to liquefy from the embarrassment, and back to Buffy.

“But wait!” Exclaimed Anya suddenly. “What if he’s having a mid-life crisis? You might be one of those ‘young bits of fluff’ you always hear about older men dating.”

“It’s not a mid-life crisis! And I’m not…fluff.” Buffy said. “Can you even have a mid-life crisis at 30-something?”

“I guess not, unless it’s early onset. But I guess the chances are slim.” Anya granted reluctantly. She smiled again. “It is romantic though.”

Buffy agreed wholeheartedly with her friend.

She was glad that she’d told Anya. While Willow had blushed her way through the story in virtual silence apart from the occasional squeak, Anya had been vocal, if maybe a little too vocal, during it.

Still, Anya’s lack of disgust at what she was hearing reassured Buffy a little in her choices.

Anya was the most frank and least tactful person Buffy knew, and if she wasn’t squicked by the whole situation, then maybe it really wasn’t so bad after all.

“So this Angel guy…” Anya started. “Is he dangerous?”

“Yes,” Buffy admitted seriously. “If he approaches you then stay away from him, okay? He’s not a nice person.”

“He didn’t look like a nice person.” Anya said. At Buffy’s puzzled look, she clarified. “Willow pointed him out when you two were canoodling at the bar and I thought to myself that he looks like the kind of man that’s wronged more than one woman in his time. Definite Neanderthal brow! I genuinely cannot understand why any man would gel his hair straight up when his forehead is so largely oversized?”

Buffy struggled to hold back a fit of giggles at Anya’s tactless description, but finally they burst through, and all three girls dissolved into one of those contagious fits of laughter, egging each other on. After a little while none of them could even remember just why they started laughing in the first place.

It felt so damn good to laugh.

For the last couple of months Buffy had found laughter a rare commodity in her life. Most of the time she felt nothing, and on those rare occasions when her feelings did poke their ugly head through the layer of ice she surrounded her heart with, it led to crying jags locked in the bathroom away from prying eyes.

The only thing that had really made her feel anything significant was her budding romance with Spike, and in some ways she was still a little wary with treading that new terrain.

But this laughter, it was part of the heeling process.

She finally had her friends back.

And they had her back too.

When the giggles finally subsided, Anya glanced at her watch.

“I have to go. Xander’s going to give me orgasms in twenty minutes and unless you girls can provide me with orgasms of an equal or better standard then I’m afraid I can’t stay.”

Buffy ignored the pang of loss when she heard Xander’s name. Apparently their estranged friendship was only now just sinking in for her.

And it really stung.

However, she rallied and grinned at the other girl with a mixture of humor and distaste at her oversharing.

“Oh..okay. Well thanks for listening.” Buffy smiled, wrapping Anya in an impromptu hug.

Anya beamed back at her. It was so rare to be praised for her help and it felt good. She always thought Buffy disliked her, but it seemed as if the other girl was warming to her.

Turning to leave, Anya paused, pulling an object from her purse, and handing it to Buffy.

“I think you should take this.” Anya told her.

Buffy glanced down at the pocket knife that Anya had given to her.

“It’s for protection.” Anya clarified. “I always carry one, because everyone knows about all the unexplained deaths in Sunnydale, and this town is not safe.”

“I can’t take it, Anya. What about protecting yourself?” Buffy said.

“Oh don’t worry about that.” Anya said dismissively. “I have another 99 of them at home.”

“Why do you have 99 more pocket knives?” Willow asked with bewilderment.

“Oh, because they are much better value if you buy them in wholesale quantities.” Anya replied with her ‘I’m being frugal…ask me how’ smile.

“But you don’t need wholesale amounts of pocket knives!” Willow insisted.

Anya poked her nose into the air and sniffed.

“Well apparently, I do. Because if I didn’t then I wouldn’t be able to give that one to Buffy for protection. And then she could get hurt and die and I would have to spend money on a funeral dress that I could only wear once.”

Both Buffy and Willow wrinkled their noses at the display of weird Anya-esque logic, but neither commented further.

Instead, Buffy expressed her gratitude to Anya and slipped the small knife into her back pocket.

Anya was right.

You can never be too careful.

The three girls strolled out of the Espresso Pump together, exchanging brief hugs and promises to call each other soon, before all going in separate directions.

Buffy paused for a second, wondering if she should warn her friends to be extra vigilant just in case they encountered any…less than savory characters. But realizing it was still light out she dismissed that thought and carried on her way.

As Buffy ambled back to Revello Drive, her head filled with thoughts of Spike, she felt lighter, like there was finally a spring in her step again.

Yep, things were definitely looking up.

If only she had seen the pair of chocolate brown eyes watching the girls with a sinister glare from the shadows, Buffy might not have been quite so optimistic.


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading. I hope everyone enjoyed it.