Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's taken so long. Hope you'll stick with it. Good stuff's coming right up.
“Have you decided about college?”
Buffy asked, breaking the silence.

Buffy had decided that she was just being paranoid. In the light of day, the idea of Spike and Dawn seemed too ridiculous to even contemplate. Sure, her husband had ‘dalliances’ outside the marriage from time to time. She wasn’t happy about it, but she’d managed to separate that part of his life from theirs. And so had Spike.

He’d never jeopardize that. Never. And Dawn would never do that to her. She had to believe that.

Since Dawn had come into their home, they’d always been close. They’d spent a lot of time together, watching movies, going out, laughing. Just doing normal things. Buffy had felt like she had a friend. At least until last year. Then, something had changed. Something she couldn’t understand.

Dawn looked up from her plate, playing with her fork and spoon. She was barely eating the expensive french food.

“Yeah,” she said. “I have.”

Buffy took a deep breath. God knows she was trying. She had insisted that she take Dawn out shopping and then to lunch. Try to spend some time together and get their relationship back on track. Dawn had responded by an infuriating quirky smile and a shrug of the shoulders.

“And?” Buffy said.
“I’m not sure that….education is for me,” Dawn said.
Buffy goggled at her.
“You……don’t wanna go to college?”
“I don’t see the point” Dawn shrugged.

“To….to get an education,” Buffy said. “To meet new people. Experience new things.”
“And that helps me find a hot rich guy how?” Dawn quipped.
“That’s the plan huh,” Buffy snorted, laughing heartily.

“It worked for you,” Dawn said, sounding bored.
“You really moved up.”
Buffy paused. An alarm went off in her head.
“What do you mean?” she said carefully.

She knows. How could she know? She can't know. Oh god she knows.

“Dawn,” Buffy said, her eyebrows raised, “I don't know what you think you know but....”

“I'm sorry,” Dawn said, interrupting her step mother, brushing her hair off her shoulders.

That completely threw Buffy.
What?

“I know I've ...been......”
“Bitchy,” Buffy said, folding her arms.
“Yeah,” Dawn said, looking a bit embarrassed.

Buffy took a deep breath calming down.
Dawn didn't know. How could she? She was just being Dawn.

“Why?” Buffy said. “We used to be so close. What changed?”

“Nothing,” Dawn said, leaning forward to take Buffy's hand in hers.

Everything.

“I'm just......”
“Bitchy?” Buffy suggested, as wry smile at her lips.
“I learnt from the best,” Dawn said, and both women broke into laughter.

“Can we be friends again?” Dawn asked.
“I’d like that,” Buffy said.

Dawn couldn’t believe how much effort it was taking her to sit here and smile at Buffy. She couldn’t believe that she had ever respected her. Gold digger, Dawn thought, smiling softly at Buffy. You don’t deserve Spike. He was just your meal ticket. To get you out of that dump. You don’t love him. But I do. And Spike loves me.

A few nights later….

“Buffy,” Spike said, as she lay besides him.
“I have to take a trip.”
She stiffened a little. He could feel her deflate.
“Where?” she asked.
“The Bahamas,” he said nonchalantly.
“It’s business. Something needs to be taken care off.”

Like the little minx living downstairs.

The last few days had been hell on Spike. Being so close to Dawn and not being able to have her. Restraint never was his best suit. Still, he couldn’t take the risk. Not with Buffy so close by. He knew from experience, that the only he’d get over ‘his thing’ for Dawn was by shagging her silly.
It’s just the way he was built. It never fails, he mused. Well, just once, he though, looking down at his wife. Just once.

“Why can’t you send Wesley?” Buffy asked, frowning.
“I would if I could,” Spike said, touching her face.
“Believe me.”

Not a chance.


“The Bahamas sound like fun,” Buffy said, smiling.
Spike sighed. “This isn’t a leisure trip kitten. These are dangerous people I’m dealing with. The kind you don’t introduce to family.”
“Oh,” Buffy said. He didn’t have to say much more.
It was business.
“I’m leaving tomorrow,” Spike said, kissing her head.
“Spike,” she said gently.
“What is it kitten?” he asked.
“Did you tell Dawn?” Buffy asked.
Spike froze at the mention of the object of his lustful thoughts.

“Eh?” Spike frowned.
“Tell Dawn what?”
“About me. About my past.”

“Course not,” Spike spluttered.
“Why would I do that?”
“I don't know,” Buffy said, chewing her lip.

“And why would you say that love?” Spike asked touching her chin.
“She…….said……I moved up,” Buffy muttered, which made Spike snort in laughter.
“Well you kinda did,” he pointed out.
In return she hit him with her favourite pillow.
“This is serious Spike,” Buffy stressed.
“Maybe this is why….”

Spike waggled his brows at her, telling her to finish her thought.
“Maybe this is why she doesn’t respect me anymore,” Buffy said.

“Of course she respects you,” Spike said placatingly.
Putting the moves on your husband. Oh yeah. R.E.S.P.E.C.T

“Candy,” he added with a sly smile.
“Spike!!!!!!!” Buffy said punching him on the shoulder. Hard.
“You swore never to call me that again. Ever.”

Spike laughed. “I think it suits you. Sweet as candy. Remember?”
Buffy blushed. “I needed the money okay. I was just……just….”
“Paying your way through college?” Spike chuckled. “I have to tell you pet. That’s highly unoriginal.”

“Spike you know I…….it wasn’t about the money.”
“Hey now,” Spike said, taking her into his arms, pulling her against his chest.
“I know that. I’ve always known that luv.”
“Good,” she said, snuggling against him.
“Or I’d have to kill you.”

Oh you still might, Spike thought.

Spike knew shagging Dawn would create complications afterwards. She was his fucking step-daughter for christs sakes. But he didn't care. Right now, he wasn't thinking with the right head. She's 19, he thought to himself yet again. I want it. She wants it. Gonna get it. Gonna get it all.

The next day…..

Dawn lay in her room, flipping through a magazine. Spike had left with just a cursory goodbye. Not that she expected any more. She wasn’t stupid. She knew they had to be discreet. When she heard a ‘ping’ she glanced at her phone. A message. She tapped on the screen to bring it up.

Let’s go somewhere. D

Her heart began to race. D. Daddy.

Where? When? she typed.

Somewhere ‘special.’

No, she typed on impulse.
No? came the response.

Dawn grinned. He was off balance. Good. She wanted to make him beg. You think it’s gonna be that easy?

You had your chance, she typed in. You blew it.

A few seconds of silence followed.

You’re the one who blew……my mind, came the reply.

Shut up she typed in, her face heating up at the memory. Perv, she added.

Let’s burn she said. Sexy minx in her lacy red underwear. Poor D. Never stood a chance. Need you baby.

Dawn smiled. She’d never felt so sexy. Or so damn dirty. Just the memory of it was making her hot. A thrill went through her. He said he needs me.

Where? she typed, with shaking hands.
Good girl, came the response. She could imagine him whispering that in her ear.
Bad girl, she texted back. But where?

My bad girl. Gonna set you straight.
Is that right? she typed in, smiling in amusement.
Damn right. Bad girls need to be disciplined. Making note of that now.

And bad girl’s daddies? she typed.
They get to have all sorts of fun, he replied. Disciplining their naughty girls. Over and over and over again.

Where?
That's a surprise. Thursday. Airport. 7 PM. No knickers.
Knickers?
Bra and Panties kitten. And don’t be late.
And if I am?
You'll get a good seeing to.
Old Perv.
Young enough to make you scream.
Promise?
Damn straight.
We’ll see. Bye D
Bye DD.

Dawn tossed her phone aside, smiling. She stood in front of the full length mirror, examining herself. On impulse, she stripped off her jeans and shirt and examined herself in the mirror.

She smiled a wry smile.

“Sexy and he knows it,” Dawn winked, appreciatively gazing at her full, firm breasts and her flat stomach.
She turned around then picked up her cellphone. She bit her lip, as if debating something with herself, then turned the camera on.

She sat on the bed, smiled for the camera, then began snapping pictures of herself, lying on her stomach, on her back, sitting on the bed in various poses. Then she clicked send. She could swear she heard a “bloody hell” and the sound of a phone dropping somewhere.