Spike had never really known what hell was until the moment he set foot in an outlet mall. He was surrounded with shrieking, cackling, annoying people. It was his absolute worst nightmare. The cries of babies echoed in his brain and teenagers who should have been at school jostled him out of the way on the stairways. At one point he really just wanted to give up and cry….screw being a manly man!

Of course, Buffy was overly chipper about the whole experience. Clad in his leather duster she flitted from one store to another like a butterfly. She hadn’t actually set her heart on anything yet but apparently this experience was fun for her even if it was torture for him.

If she’d agreed to try on some underwear for him it might have made it all a little more pleasurable, but the blonde grumbled to himself that she was too much of a selfish little chit to indulge him.

However, Spike Rayne wasn’t a quitter and he was determined to find some new clothes for Buffy. She couldn’t live in the scraps of her old clothes and his leather duster for the rest of her life. If he’d gotten his way she would have worn nothing but nipple tassels forever, but he didn’t think she would agree to that and he’d learned the girl could be stubborn as hell. He thought about suggesting it but he really wasn’t cruising for a right hook to the jaw today.

So with Buffy in tow he braved the crowds and managed to hustle his way into one less than savory looking store.

Buffy glared at him as he pushed her inside protesting that she would never wear any of those clothes in a million years. With a scowl on her face she lifted a pair of crotchless leather pants and showed them to Spike.

“Getting those are you?” he asked with a sneer.

“Eww, you’re kidding right? You must be crazy if you think I’d go anywhere in these.”

He ran his hand over the soft leather and smirked, staring pointedly at the lack of crotch. “They’d be useful for something though. Easy access and all that.”

“And I repeat…eww.”

“If you don’t like any of this stuff then go and have a look in one of these other stupid shops and I’ll wait right here for you. But you better not run off, pet.” He flashed her a sinister smile that made her quiver.

“Fine!” Buffy yelled.

“Fine!” echoed Spike, watching her little butt wiggle from side to side under the cover of his duster as she marched out of the store.

Spike breathed a sigh of relief to have a moment of alone time. He was a little scared that she would run away but after their little talk at the motel he was more reassured that she wouldn’t do anything too stupid. He’d tried to instill how dangerous running would be right now.

Anyway, he attempted to push that fear out of his mind and enjoy his brief period of solitude. A few moments without Buffy meant his cock was allowed a little respite. She seemed to keep him hard all the time without even realizing the effect she had on him. However, unfortunately his quiet time was shattered when a skinny purple haired girl sauntered up to him. The pale, leather clad girl was covered with piercings and tattoos. Her makeup looked like she probably needed a sledgehammer to remove it.

When she reached him she smirked and licked her lips. “Hey, I’m Destiny. Need some…help?” she asked, devouring him with her dark eyes.

Spike rolled his eyes. He was used to forceful women but this one was less than interesting. The only redeeming feature was that she looked like she might shoot him if he refused and Spike had always liked dangerous women. “Uh, I’m just waiting for a friend.” He always called these kinds of females black widows. They used a mate for sex before biting off his head.

Destiny didn’t seem fazed by his less than enthusiastic reaction and chuckled. “Your friend’s a girl?”

“She’s got the right parts,” he replied wryly, wistfully picturing Buffy’s girl-parts that he was yet to see.

Destiny smirked again even though disappointment flickered behind her eyes. “Gotcha. She’s one of those girls that you wanna get into their pants but she’s all innocent and keeps giving you the cock block?”

“Bit nosey, aren’t you?” Spike shifted his stance. He wished this girl would leave him alone already.

“Just curious,” she replied flirtily, her big brown eyes fluttering.

Spike sighed and leaned against the wall. “We haven’t exactly got to the cock stage yet,” he admitted. He wasn’t sure why he was telling her this but for some reason it felt easier to talk to a stranger, especially one that he didn’t care about.

Destiny’s smile widened. “Maybe you need a little fulfillment then? Hmm? Want a wild ride?” The leer on her face made it clear exactly what she was offering. Her hand settled on his forearm and she thrust out her small breasts to sweeten the deal.

Apparently Destiny didn’t do subtlety.

A few days ago Spike might have jumped on her offer, especially when he was on the outs with Drusilla. She was a warm, willing body and would no doubt give him one crazy ride. He’d found that chicks like her were usually pretty kinky and into some fucked up shit that even he didn’t usually touch.

If he’d met her weeks or months ago, he would probably have even taken her back to Drusilla so that they could share her. There were many times when his ex-girlfriend had played with women, supposedly for his benefit.

However, looking at this girl right now turned him off. Subconsciously he was comparing her with Buffy and she came in a distant second to the golden haired girl. In the past Spike rejected goodness in people, but in Buffy it seemed infinitely alluring. He didn’t want some jaded little slut that would hit on a stranger in a clothing store.

That’s when it hit him.

He really wanted Buffy. In more than a ‘use and discard’ kind of capacity. He wanted her in a ‘to have and to hold’ capacity.

The realization was so unnerving that at that moment he was almost tempted to take Destiny up on her offer and bang her brains out just to forget his little epiphany.

He didn’t want to see Buffy as more than a warm body.

He hadn’t wanted to start falling in love with her.

His mind was too preoccupied with thoughts of a love story that he could never allow to happen for him to notice Buffy standing behind him, eyes narrowed at the strange girl he was talking to.

“I’m back,” Buffy announced coolly, stepping to the side of her companion. She didn’t want to think of him as a friend, because in truth they weren’t friends. She didn’t know if they would ever be friends.

Spike turned to her, opening his mouth to speak. However Miss Purple Hair managed to interrupt.

Destiny shot her a glare. “Move along, Squirt,” Destiny sneered. “This guy’s with me. Somehow I don’t think you’re his type, Blondie.”

Buffy laughed at her, forcing the fake giggle from between her pursed lips. “If you want him then you gotta be desperate.” Ignoring Spike’s offended snort, she shook her head.

“Whatever, Kid. I don’t think a guy like him is gonna be all over some flatchested little girl. What are you like in eighth grade? He wants a real woman.”

A growl burst from Buffy’s throat but she bit down on her lip to tame it. “Delusional much? I don’t think he’s into Cheap and Easy, honey. And you’re working both of those things like a pro.”

“You bitch!” shrieked Destiny, feeling Buffy’s words strike an oversensitive nerve. Her face turned red and she lunged forward trying to catch Buffy with a punch. However, the small blonde sidestepped it easily and kicked the other girl in the shin.

Spike stepped back the moment he saw Buffy kick the other girl and he settled in to watch the catfight. His enlarged dick strained against his zipper but he was getting used to that when he was around Buffy. However, watching her all red and flushed and angry was stirring lustiness in him like he’d never encountered before.

Feeling suddenly empowered by the rush of fighting, Buffy drove her tiny fist into the other girl’s face. The purple haired young woman was off balance from the kick so it was easy to catch her unprotected. Until that moment Buffy had never realized how much she would enjoy feeling her hands driving into delicate flesh and bone.

For the first time she realized the sordid attraction to violence that so many people felt. It was like unlacing a hidden part of yourself and letting it free. She’d opened Pandora’s Box and the teenager didn’t know how to close it.

Of course she wouldn’t admit, even to herself, that her barrage wasn’t solely fueled by anger. It was also fueled by the flicker of jealousy that ignited her rage when she saw Spike flirting with the skank.

In the face of Buffy’s newly unleashed rage, Destiny was powerless to do anything other than cover her face with her hands. While neither of the two young women were trained fighters, Buffy’s anger gave her the winning edge.

A crowd formed around the two girls, cheering and whistling for more. It was the best entertainment some of them had seen in a while and men and women alike soaked in the sight of the raging blonde.

“I’m putting ten bucks on the little blonde chick,” one man yelled with a chuckle.

“I’ll take twenty on the blonde,” a female voice called out.

Watching from the back of the crowd, Spike couldn’t help but think that watching Buffy was priceless. And damn if he hadn’t gotten even harder than before as he watched her launch a slightly sloppy uppercut to the pasty-faced girl’s jaw.

Spike was so immersed in watching the fight that he didn’t notice the approach of the uniformed men.

Buffy was still trying to pummel her opponent when a strong arm came around her waist, yanking her away from the pale woman.

The enraged blonde twisted her head over her shoulder, expecting it to be Spike who was holding her, so she did a double take when she realized that it was a large redheaded man with his arms around her.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” she shrieked, wilding glancing around for Spike.

“I’m security here, Miss,” he informed her. “And you’re going to have to come with me.”

“What?” she breathed in shock. “I didn’t do anything.”

“We don’t tolerate fighting here,” he told her sternly. “You need to come with me right now.”

“Hey I didn’t start it,” protested the blonde. “You should arrest that bitch.” Accusing fingers pointed at the purple haired woman who was sporting a host of cuts and bruises. “She was the one that started this. Not me.”

The guard glanced between the highly injured young woman and the relatively unscathed blonde in his arms. He didn’t know who started the fight but the other girl had definitely seen the worst of the battle. “I’m sorry, Miss,” he said insincerely to Buffy, before dragging her from the store.

“Bloody hell!” Spike groaned, watching Buffy get hauled away by Security from the shadows at the back of the store.

When the fight had first broken out, he hadn’t wanted to intervene because he’d enjoyed watching Buffy get into a catfight. It made certain parts of his anatomy stand to attention. However, when he saw the security men arrive, fear had wriggled into his heart, even though it had been too late for him to interfere by that point.

Thinking with his libido had managed to land them in a large vat of manure and Spike cursed himself for not pulling Buffy away before she could get so embroiled in the trouble. If Buffy got arrested then this could be very bad for them.

He’d been deadly serious when he’d talked about the Rayne connections in the police force. If any of Ethan’s posthumously loyal followers got a bead on Buffy’s whereabouts then it could be all over for them.

A part of him just wanted to run. He could leave Buffy to the wolves and it would be a huge responsibility off his shoulders. Although he’d cared for Drusilla for many years, his dark haired ex-girlfriend had actually possessed a wonderful knack for taking care of herself when she needed to. However, Buffy only seemed to pull him into trouble all the time.

Except for the time when she saved his life.

And damn it if he wasn’t ready to say goodbye to her yet. Not just because she saved his life, but because she couldn’t push away his growing emotions. He needed to know what they could be together, even if he wasn’t quite ready to admit that.

Breathing out a concerned sigh, he realized that once again, he had to go save the girl.