Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this is short, but I had my muse severely crushed by a PM. I've lost alot of my confidence. If you are reading this story and enjoy it, then please review.
Buffy sat on the edge of her bed, feet dangling over and hands clasped on her lap. She was waiting for the inevitable. Any minute now her mother would march up the stairs to lecture her. She didn’t see what the problem was. Spike was nice to her, well as nice as his ‘bad boy’ image would let him be. He didn’t force her to do anything tonight and he wanted to see her again.

Suddenly, the front door slammed shut, making it feel like a hurricane had just entered the home. Her palms started to sweat as she listened to the marching that was currently coming up the stairs. She only had a few seconds left of peace and then hell would fall upon her. There was nothing worse than a Mother’s lecture.

Her door swung open and crashed against the wall. It started to bounce back but Joyce grabbed it, and then slammed it shut.

“Mom, I-,” she stopped talking because of the glare her Mom was giving her.

“I do not want you seeing that man, Buffy,” she took deep breaths to try and calm her temper. She knew her daughter was young and naïve. She knew that Buffy was just an innocent girl that liked the attention. “He is not good for you. He said-” She didn’t want to repeat the vile things he said about her daughter.

“What did he say?”

“It doesn’t matter what he said. I don’t want you ever seeing him.”

“But Mom,” she whined.

“You are grounded. I don’t want you out of this house. Ever,” she walked to her daughter’s nightstand and reached for her phone. After pocketing it, and ignoring her daughter’s complaints, she continued, “You will not speak to him. The only thing you will be doing until you’re thirty, is going to school and come home.”

“You can’t do that!”

“Oh, yes I can. I’m your Mother. I can do anything I want,” her mood changed when her daughter started to cry. She walked up to the bed to sit next to her. “You’ll see, Buffy. I’m doing this for your own good. He isn’t a nice man.”

“Why isn’t he nice, Mom? What did he say,” she looked to her Mother with tears in her eyes.

“He--” a pause. “Just trust me.”

Buffy pouted, and then got off the bed to start getting ready for bed. She was, already, starting to plot ways to see, or at least talk, to Spike. She could always sneak out her window. There was a large tree, just outside her window, that would be perfect to climb down. Her Mom was a heavy sleeper. If Buffy made it back into her bed before Joyce woke up, then she wouldn’t know anything happened.

“Buffy,” Joyce shouted. “Are you listening to me?”

“Yeah, sure,” she sat down at her vanity to brush her hair.

“This is serious. I’m going to be watching your every move. If you are a minute late coming home from school, I will know about it and there will be consequences. Mrs. Johnson from next store will be my eyes while I’m at work.”

Buffy twirled around in her chair. “You’re going to have me spied on?”

“I’m going to do what I have to do to protect you.”

“You don’t need to protect me! Spike is nice to me. I like him. He’s--”

“Enough!” Joyce crashed her fist down on her daughter’s vanity. “You will stay away from him. End. Of. Story.”

Buffy didn’t have time to throw a comeback because Joyce had already stormed out of the room.

Her plan to sneak out of her room could work, but she had no idea where she would go. She didn’t know where he lived. She regretted now, not going to his apartment like he wanted.

A large smile crossed her features when she thought of the perfect place to find him. It turned out that she would be making a return visit to Willies.


Chapter End Notes:
I need your reviews, now more than ever. A PM I recieved really killed my muse. Please take a few seconds out of your day to let me know what you think of this story/chapter. I really need the encouragement to continue. Please, Please, review. I'm not above begging.