Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for all of the support for this story. I'm sorry I'm slow with updating. I am in school full time so I don't have a lot of time. Hopefully I haven't lost some readers because of the delay.
Buffy watched as the bleached beauty swaggered out of the car to stand beside her. He stood there with confidence, his cigarette dangling from his lips. She thought that she would never see that man again; that he would remain a fantasy. There was no way she was brave enough to go back to the bar she met him in. She had never, in her wildest dreams, imagined that he would seek her out.

He was waiting for her to say something, but her mouth wouldn’t seem to cooperate. She imagined she looked like a fish out of water with her mouth opening and closing like it was.

Cordelia waved the offensive smoke out of her face. She scrunched her face and exaggerated a cough. She flipped her hair behind her shoulder before she spoke.

“Um, excuse me, freak,” she stuck a perfectly manicured finger in his face, gaining his attention from the blonde. “Who the hell are you?”

The young blonde watched as the punk hottie scowled at the brunette. Buffy glared as she witnessed him give her a once over, of course stopping at her heaving chest for a moment. Obviously the guy had a thing for big tits….great.

Once he finished with his investigation of the girl, Buffy was pleased that he merely shrugged his shoulders then graced her with his cerulean blue eyes in her direction once again. His smirk was a devious smile, almost like the Chester cat.

“Hey, buddy,” Liam nudged him on the shoulder, causing the bartender to loose his balance for a moment. “My girlfriend asked you a question. Answer her.”

The bartender smoothed over his waist long leather jacket before turning a stone cold stare to the younger man.

“Names, Spike,” his voice held a threatening tone. You could tell by the way he said his name that he must have done something bad, something illegal to get a name like that.

“Spike,” Buffy let the name, experimentally, roll off her tongue. It sounded like a name she was meant to say….over and over and over again.

Spike glanced at her for a brief second; giving her another, tongue between teeth, smirk. He looked back to Liam, almost looking like he was going to laugh at the sheer humor of the younger man trying to intimidate him.

“What the hell kind of name is that?”

“Like I said….freak!”

Spike looked more annoyed then anything else. “Right. Why don’t you kiddies run along now,“ he shooed them away with his hands; his black chipped nails were showing. “Just came to pick up my girl.”

“Buffy, you know this looser?” Liam asked with a complete look of confusion on his face. “We just broke up and you already have a new guy?!”

“Um---I---I,” she wasn’t sure what she was supposed to say. She was still shocked that Spike called her his girl.

Liam was, obviously, off base. He had been cheating on her for, who knows how long, and now he’s giving her shit for maybe doing the same thing?

“Me and her started seein’ each other last night,” Spike turned a grin to Buffy. “Isn’t that right, baby?”

Buffy was known for babbling. She was always the life of the party. Why couldn’t she speak now? Spike made her speechless; it was weird.

“Have you been fucking this guy, Buff?” Liam took a few heavy steps closer to Buffy. “You won’t put out for me, but you’ll put out for that degenerate?”

The blonde cheerleader finally had enough. She was going to give that douche-bag a piece of her mind.

Before she could make a move, Spike had swung at the boy, causing blood to spurt out of his mouth. Liam didn’t collapse to the ground, much to Spike’s disappointment. The older man took another swing, this time effectively knocking him to the pavement.

Cordelia kneeled down to investigate Liam’s face. “This is going to bruise. The dance is coming up, Liam. I can’t take pictures with you and this bruise!”

Spike scoffed at the pathetic image in front of him. He looked to Buffy and her red-headed friend and reached an arm toward them. Before he could make contact with the petite blonde, a short balding man marched over to them.

“I saw that, young man,” Principal Snyder said, “I’ve already called the police. Miss Chase, take him to the nurses office.”

Buffy panicked. “What? Liam totally deserved that!”

“Mr. Angelus is a minor,” he pointed to Spike, “This man is obviously too old to be in High School.”

Spike bent down to whisper in her ear. “ s’alright, pet.”

“How can you say it’s alright? You’re going to prison,” she looked to her friend for back-up, “Wills, tell him. He is so going to prison.”

“You could get a lot of time for hitting a minor, Spike. You should probably get in your car and try to get away before they get here,” Willow said.

“You will do no such thing.” Snyder stepped in front of Spike and his car. The troll smirked when the sound of sirens reached his ears.

Spike dropped his cigarette to the ground then crunched it with the heel of his boot. “Wouldn’t’ dream of it, mate.”

The two girls panicked even more when the cop car pulled into the school parking lot. The students who hadn’t left yet were gathered around the scene, waiting for the inevitable to happen.

The bleached man stayed calm as two officers came out of the car and slammed the doors behind them.

A handsome black man walked up to the Principal. “We’ll take it from here, Mr. Snyder. Thank you for your call.”

“Officer, he didn’t do anything wrong. Please just let it slide.” Buffy practically begged the man.

The other officer, a short orange-haired man, gently pressed a hand to her shoulder. “Hitting a minor is a serious offense. We need to take him in.”

Her and Willow watched as Spike was pushed against the patrol car, searched, and then cuffed. It was strange when he threw both of them a smile before getting pushed into the back seat of the car.

Snyder walked up to the taller officer. “Thank you,” he looked at the man’s badge, “Officer Gunn.”

“Anytime. You all have a great day.”

Buffy barely knew that man, but nonetheless, she started to cry when they drove him away. Willow rubbed her back as they both watched the car disappear out of sight.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed this new chapter. Please let me know. :) And I don't have a beta for this story so if anyone wants to that'd be awesome.