Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry for the delay. I'm in school full time and work full time, yadda, yadda, yadda. I hope that I haven't lost too many readers. If you are still enjoying and reading this story than please let me know.

Oh, and without Lucy or Jaime I wouldn't have taken time away from school work to write this chapter. It helps to know people are waiting and enjoy it that much, It really motives me. HINT HINT
Officer Gunn looked at the man sitting in the back seat of his patrol car, through the rearview mirror, as he drove away from the school. He had disliked Spike Rayne since he’d met the punk. When his father, Ethan, became Detective at Sunnydale P.D, he thought he could run the town.

When Charles Gunn was a young boy, he had played cops and robbers with his brother. He had always wanted to help and protect people; catch the bad guys. He never imagined that he would become a corrupt cop. Officer Gunn wanted it to be different, but if he didn’t play along with Detective Rayne than he could lose his job, or worse, endanger his family.

Until he had concrete evidence that Ethan Rayne was a criminal, he was going to play the game and bide his time.

“Pull over, man.” Officer Osbourne stated, “Spike’s getting antsy back there.”

“ S’right, mate. Suggest you pull over and un-cuff me ‘fore Da’ hears ‘bout it.”

Charles pulled the car over with a scowl and handed the keys to his partner.

Spike turned his back so Osbourne could access his cuffs, once they were unlatched, he rubbed his sore wrist.

He nodded his thank you to his friend, Oz.

Spike and Oz have been friends for ten years now. Spike had moved to Sunnydale with his father when he was seventeen. He was the punk that wore all black and had a “funny” accent, and Oz was the bright haired freak that barely said a word.

Oz was wearing a Clash shirt so Spike went up and complimented him on his music taste. They’d been friends ever since.

Spike’s father started in on crime at a young age and brought Spike into it when he was twelve. By the time he had met Oz, he had been apart of a five murders and countless drug activity.

He let Oz into that part of his life when they were watching a mob movie and his friends mentioned that it would be cool to be apart of that. Spike knew that Oz was joking at the time, and just mentioned it because he didn’t think it was possible, but once he let him in on the family secret, Oz was in.

Oz started joining Spike on rides to Los Angeles to take care of loose cannons from Ethan’s drug cartel.

“Alright, get out.” Gunn practically growled at the two men.

Spike and Oz laughed has they stepped out of the car and walked up to Spike’s apartment.

“When is he gunna learn, man?”

“Don’t know why we just don’t get rid of him. I tell ‘Da all the time that he’s gunna be trouble some day,” his phone vibrated in his pocket. “Speakin’ of.”

Oz went to the fridge and popped open two Newcastle Ales then sat on the couch.

Spike took a swig off his beer as he listened to his father’s instructions.

“Was planning on meeting a girl tonight. Can’t it wait,” a pause. “Yeah, suppose I could do that. ‘m sure she’d like that. Kill two birds with one stone…well kill one and shag the other,” Spike and Oz both snickered at the small pun. “Consider it done.”

Spike hung up the phone and joined his friend on the couch, kicking his feet up on the ottoman.

“Got a job tonight?” Oz asked as he flicked on the television.

“Yeah, taller man, bulky, shaved head, and a tribal tattoo on his arm. ‘Da said he’ll be at the Bronze tonight.”

“A tribal tattoo,” Oz laughed. “How original.”

“My thoughts exactly,” he took a swig off his beer. “You think Buffy would like the Bronze? Figured I’d take her there and kill the bastard when she went to the loo or something’”

“She’s a sixteen year old girl. She’ll think you’re king if you got her into the Bronze,“ the orange haired man flicked through random stations. “Did you already look her up?”

“Yeah, she lives with her mum, Joyce, on 1630 Revello Drive.”

“And you’re just gunna show up there, out of the blue?”

“I’ll just tell her I hacked into police records, wouldn’t be an entire lie. Chit would be impressed I missed her enough to do that.”

“Spike Rayne misses a girl?”

“Girls got me curious. I can’t stop thinking ‘bout her. She’s so innocent; I can’t help but want to corrupt the little girl.”


__***__


“I know, Wills. I wish I knew if he was okay,” Buffy readjusted her cell phone on her ear as she gossiped with her best friend. “He did it because Liam was being a jerk to me. I feel responsible.”

“Maybe he’ll just get off with a warning? He seems like a nice guy. That was probably his first time getting into trouble.” Willow tried to reassure the blonde.

“You’re crazy, he looks like the biggest badass in town,” a pause. “Yeah, you’re right. It’s probably just a front.”

“So, you wanna,” a knock interrupted her train of thought. “Huh, someone’s knocking on my door.”

“Who is it?”

“I don’t know, Wills. I haven’t opened the---”

“Buffy….Buffy…hello?” Willow frantically called out to her friend.

Standing at the doorway was Spike, a large sexy smirk plastered on his face.

Buffy stared at the man as she cupped her cell phone against her mouth.

“Oh my god, it’s him,” she whispered. “Spike is here. I gotta go.”

“Call me!” Willow squealed.

She didn’t think it was possible, but Spike was hotter than he’d ever been. He was wearing a tight black shirt that showed off every line of his abs, tight leather pants that left nothing to the imagination. She felt her cheeks burning from her blush. He was still wearing his heavy black boots, and his hair was slicked back. His eyes were lined with dark eye-liner and his nails had a fresh coat of black polish on them.

“How-how-how…” she stuttered, still shocked that he was standing on her doorstep.

“They let me off with a warning, pet. Then I went into their system to find your address. Hope that’s alright.” Spike batted his eyelashes to look as innocent as possible.

“Um, wow, no. You really wanted to see me that much?”

“That’s right,” he tilted his head to the side. “You gunna invite me in?”

“Oh, right. Come in. You can’t stay for long, though. My mom should be home any minute.”

“I was leaving any minute, anyway.”

Buffy immediately frowned at his statement.

Spike grasped her chin and brought her head up to meet his eyes.

“Was plannin’ on leaving with you, lamb. Thought I’d take you to the Bronze.”

Buffy practically jumped with excitement. “The Bronze? That’s like the coolest place in town,” she looked down at her dress that she was still wearing. “Just let me change.”

“I rather like what you got on, luv,” he reached a hand out to skim the bottom of her dress. “Red is my favorite color.”

“O-Okay, I’ll just leave this on,” her cheeks blushed even more.

“I’m startin’ to like pink a lot more. You blush so pretty, pet.”

Buffy tucked a strand of hair behind her ear to try and hide her embarrassment.

Spike bent an arm for the blonde to accept. “Shall we?”


Chapter End Notes:
please take the few seconds it takes to leave a review. I appreciate you reading so much, but I really would like to know if you are enjoying it or if you didn't like something. I am already starting on chapter six, but I have come to a stand stll because reviews motivate me. If I don't get alot of them, it's like, "Am I writing for myself?" Please feed my muse!