Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for all of the reviews. They are a huge encouragement. Thank you to basketcase1880 for looking this over for me. :-)
The drive back to her house was slightly awkward, to say the least. There was a possibility that it was just her insecurities, though. Spike’s seat was reclined back and one arm stretched out, a wrist resting on the steering wheel. His other hand was occupied with the cigarette being taken away from his mouth to blow smoke. Buffy had never though that smoking was sexy until she saw him doing it. He brought it to his lips and closed his eyes a bit; an utter look of relaxation filled his features.

He hadn’t spoken to her since they got into his car; that was why it was awkward. She was always the type of person to talk, almost non-stop, but she couldn’t think of anything to say to him. Buffy was still embarrassed about making Spike stop kissing her. He said he wasn’t angry, but why the quietness, she wondered.

Before she knew it, they were stopped in front of her home.

Spike was thinking about how much he wanted her while he was driving her home. He wanted her more than any woman. Spike wanted to ravish her in her bedroom, with all of her stuffed animals watching them. It was a guess, but she was so girly, she had to have a few of the little buggers in her room.

She had fidgeted the entire ride, no doubt thinking he was upset with her. He waited for her to say something-anything- but it never came. He would have to work on teaching her to take control-say whatever she wanted. He had such plans for this girl. Spike wanted to mold her into the girl that she was meant to be. She had fire in her alright, and he couldn’t wait to let it out.

Buffy turned to Spike. She had been gnawing her bottom lip so much that it was raw.

“Well…thanks for taking me to the Bronze,” she paused, trying to gain the courage to ask him to take her out again. “Did you--”

“Do I, what, pet?”

“Did you ever want to see me again,” she could feel the blush creep up again.

Spike placed an arm behind her shoulders and brushed a lock of hair behind her ear. He had sweetness in him that rarely came out, but he thought it smart to show her that it was in there.

“Why would I not want to see you?”

“I-I didn’t want to…and then when you kissed me…”

He brought a finger to her lips. She fumbled her last word but then was silent.

“I know you’re young. I don’t know how long I can wait, but I’ll try.” It frightened Spike a bit, that he probably would wait for her. The only way he could manage that, though, would be to shag other woman. He was a man, after all.

Her eyes glistened in surprise, a smile now on her face. “Really? Thank you.” He looked so sweet that she thought a ‘goodnight kiss’ wouldn’t hurt anything. He did just say he knew she was young, so he wouldn’t take the wrong idea.

She leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his lips. The gentleness of the kiss startled Spike. He didn’t want to be kissed like that; it was something he wasn’t used to. He deepened the kiss, nudging her lips open to gain access to her mouth. Buffy let him, because no matter how many morals she had, when he kissed her, she couldn’t think about anything else.

Spike wrapped a hand in her hair, his tongue aggressive with hers. She tasted like candy; she was so sweet on his tongue. He was pleased when Buffy matched his aggressiveness; the fire he knew she possessed came out.

Their kiss was interrupted when the passenger side door flung open. If Buffy wasn’t wearing her seat belt she would have fallen out. A scorned Mother yanked the belt off and pulled her out of the car.

“Mom!” Buffy whined, pulling herself out of her Mother’s grasp and patting her dress of any wrinkles.

“Buffy Ann Summer’s, you march into that house right now. Go up to your room,” Joyce yelled, but her eyes didn’t leave the man in the driver’s seat.

The woman leaned down so she could glare at the man from where she was standing. Buffy planted herself in the spot she stood, wanting to stay and defend Spike.

“Now, Buffy.” That time, her Mother left no room for argument.

Buffy backed away, giving a, timid, wave to Spike. She waited for a sign that they were okay before turing around. When he gave her his trademark smirk and a wink, she ran in the house.

“Just who the hell do you think you are,” Joyce shouted; her face was red with anger. Her daughter was a good girl. She wasn’t going to let her hang around a punk like the man in front of her.

“Spike,” he said casually. He was already become increasingly bored with the situation. He’d never had to deal with a Mother, even when he was younger. He always went after girls that had Mother’s that didn’t care what they did. The only reason he didn’t drive away was because he was partly fascinated. That and the fact that she had his door open.

“Spike…Spike what,” she continued, “I won’t have my daughter dating a-a-delinquent like you.”

Spike laughed at that. If she only knew just how much of a delinquent he was. She’d be really riled up then. He really hoped Buffy took after her Mother. He’d love to see her red in the face with anger, eyes seething with it. Guaranteed, she’d be sexy as hell.

“Spike Giles.” Rupert Giles was the local librarian; he was a fellow Englishman. Spike used his name when he didn’t want someone knowing his identity. Rupert knew it, and went along with it because he was paid not to argue. Spike wasn’t going to let her in on the fact that his Father was the Detective. There were rumors that the Rayne’s weren’t nice people. He wondered why that could be. After he snickered at his joke, he continued, “Your daughter seemed happy to be with me. Got her to give me a kiss.”


“Why, you little…”

His plan to act civil didn't last long. His boredom was now at the level of irritation. “Now, I’m gonna continue to see your daughter, no choice in that. You can either let me see her with your blessin’, or I’ll take her away.” Spike wasn’t entirely serious. He’d never kidnapped anyone before and that would most likely make Buffy angry. But, after all, he did want to see her angry. What’s one more act to be added to his list of criminal acts, he thought.

“Are you threatening my daughter,” she backed away, shocked by his demeanor.

“Not threatening her. Threatening you. I’ve always gotten what I wanted. Right now, I want your daughter.”

“I’m calling the Police,” Spike chuckled at the comment. “You look like you’re in your late twenties. I could get you for statutory rape.”

“That’s not possible,” It wasn’t possible for more reasons than one, but he only shared one with her, “I haven’t fucked her yet. Plan to, though.”

Joyce became flustered; she fumbled for a word, any word, to come out of her mouth. She couldn’t believe that someone was talking to her like that. Someone was talking about her daughter like that. Joyce made a promise to herself then that she would do everything in her power to keep him away from her daughter.

“You’re a pig. I don’t ever want to see you again. I will call the police,” she slammed the door and ran in the house to talk to her daughter.

Spike laughed as he sped off, screeching his tires as he went.