Author's Chapter Notes:
As promised here is the next chapter. :)

There is a little Buffy/Other kissing in this chapter but I can promise that it's really not romantic kissing.

I hope this is enjoyable and please review it. Thanks!
“I can’t believe I’m spending the night in Crawford Street Mansion.” Buffy sighed, throwing her boyfriend a nasty glare as he ambled along beside her.

As the duo turned onto Crawford Street, Buffy froze, and Scott paused too.

“Come on, Buffy. You did agree.” He sighed turning to the pale-looking girl.

“I only agreed because all this heat totally frizazzled my poor brain. And anyway, I was totally peer pressured. This is exactly what the teen magazines warn about. Drugs, sex and creepy haunted places where blood sucking monsters rip out your intestines and use them as a jump rope.” Buffy told him, crossing her arms smugly.

“There’s no such things as monsters, Buff. Geez, you used to be fun.” Scott said, only half joking.

“Scott, you’re missing the point.” Buffy said seriously. “Going into this place is insanity.”

He cupped her face with sweaty palms and she sighed, already knowing that she would cave in despite struggling not to.

“Listen, we’re young, footloose and fancy free. Now is the only time in our lives we’re gonna get to do some crazy shit like this. And don’t you wanna prove to Larry that you’re not a wuss?” Scott said.

With a sigh, Buffy relented, feeling a shiver course down her spine that she couldn’t attribute to the cool evening air.

“Fine.” She agreed.

When they reached the gates surrounding the mansion, the pair stilled, and Scott lifted her up, allowing her to straddle the top of the gates before jumping down on the other side, and then following close behind her.

The house loomed over them like a living, breathing presence. It had no doubt always been imposing but the legends that surrounded it made it all the more sinister. It reminded Buffy of some kind of Hitchcockian mental institution which didn’t provide her with the most comforting of images.

They crept forward, keeping a look out for anyone who might see them, but the block had been deserted and so were the grounds.

High overgrown trees framed what had clearly once been beautiful grounds, and the large expanse of grass was at waist height, having been neglected for so long.

When they reached the doorway, Scott pulled on the brass ring of the old wooden door and found no resistance as it swung open with a pained creak. They switched on their flashlights and ventured forward.

Inside the house it seemed to be no better than the outside, with debris littering the floor and upturned furniture everywhere. Scott flicked the flashlight beam around the first room that they went into but it was virtually uninhabitable, and certainly not the kind of place to spend a comfortable night.

Well, as comfortable as any night gets in an eerie old house.

Buffy wrinkled her nose in disgust as the stench of stale, musty air hit her nostrils with a mammoth blast.

“Yuck!” She squeaked. “It stinks in here.”

Scott just shrugged, eager to get inside and find a bedroom. After all, the only real reason why he’d wanted to accompany Buffy on this dare was the high probability of actually getting laid. He liked Buffy but he always thought that a girl was at her best when her legs were spread.

Yes, Scott Hope was absolutely one-hundred percent interested in the females of the population.

And, of course, getting some from Buffy would just cement that fact.

“It’s okay, babe.” He cooed seeing Buffy’s growing unease. “Upstairs is probably much better.” Scott winked at his girlfriend, although she missed the gesture in the near darkness, and led her up a flight of wooden steps to the second floor.

At the top of the stairs was a long hallway lined with doors on each side. Picking one at random, he turned a handle and opened it, throwing up a layer of dust as he walked inside.

Buffy coughed to clear her polluted lungs and waved her hand wildly in front of her face.

“Well, if I don’t die from being murdered by a vengeful spirit, then I’m pretty sure there’s some form of Ebola in here that will kill me.” Buffy said wryly.

Scott ushered Buffy through the door and tossed his supply-filled backpack down on the ground, setting the flashlight upright on the floor so that they had some light.

He began massaging her shoulders gently as he stared at her round little ass before turning her round and leering at her shapely figure.

“Come on, chill babe.” He said soothingly, feeling his lower regions become excited with anticipation now that they were finally alone in a room with a bed, albeit one that was covered with a layer of something resembling mold.

Pushing her back against the grimy wall, he fastened his lips against hers in a sloppy amateurish kiss. She almost gagged as he thrust his tongue into her mouth and wiggled it around like an eel on an acid trip.

As she adjusted to the unrelenting stabbing motion of his tongue in her mouth, his hands reached down to grope her butt and she squealed in pain as he squeezed too hard, pulling her lips from his and pushing at his chest.

Scott clenched his fists in frustration. He just wanted to get laid, damn it!

He should have known Buffy would be a frigid bitch. She never even let him past second base before, in all the months they had been together, no matter how nice he pretended to be, so why would tonight be any different?

“Take it easy!” He warned her. “I’ll be gentle.”

“You hurt me!” She exclaimed with a pout.

“I’m sorry, sweetie.” He said with a false saccharine smile, pausing only a moment before resuming his attentions. With a resigned roll of her eyes she gave in and just tried to keep the bile in her stomach where it belonged.

When Buffy was a little girl, she had always dreamed about finding the perfect guy. She used to pretend that she was a princess trapped in a tower and the dashingly handsome prince would come and rescue her.

However, real life had shown her that princes were a myth and the Scott Hopes of the world were real, however grope-y they might be and no matter how stomach churning their sloppy kisses could become.

He was a nice guy from a good family and that was the kind of man her friends expected her to be with.

Suddenly Buffy’s eyes snapped open as she felt a chilly breeze wash over her, and she shoved her boyfriend away sharply.

“What the fuck is your problem?” He yelled in sheer frustration, but Buffy stood paralyzed in wide-eyed fear and she stared into the amber eyes of the monster standing behind him.

A shrill scream pierced the air and it took her a moment to realize that it was emanating from her lips.

“Buffy? What is it now?” Scott seemed like he was close to exploding with exasperation.

“Monster!” She shrieked, raising her right hand and wildly gesturing at the creature that was penetrating her with its fiery yellow gaze. The creature was only fairly small in build, probably the height of an average man, but in the dimness of the room, it looked no less imposing.

Scott whirled round to see the creature standing just inside the doorway of the room, staring intently at them and fumbled for the flashlight on the ground, almost tripping and falling as he grabbed for it.

“Fuck!” Scott shouted when he aimed the light at the creature, illuminating the deformed features of the monster. It wore a long black leather coat and its hair was seemingly a stark white but it was difficult to accurately judge the color in such poor light.

“We gotta get outta here.” Buffy hissed, almost in tears.

She had known this was a bad idea all along and now she was going to die.

The thought of all of the things she would never get to do flashed through her mind and with a sudden rush of determination she howled out a battle cry and grabbed Scott’s hand pulling him forward and bounding into the monster, managing to use surprise to knock it off balance and therefore giving them enough time to bolt through the doorway.

Panting for breath they careered out of the room and back down the hallway, the way they had entered not long before.

Scott ran ahead, thinking of his own safety more than Buffy’s. He could always get another girlfriend but if he lost his life he felt that it would be much more tragic.

Buffy followed hot on her boyfriend’s heels trying to keep up with him as he ran. She could feel her stomach churning with fear, not daring to look back in case the monster was after them. This felt like something out of a horror movie and Buffy swore that, if by some miracle she managed to survive this experience, the most daring thing she would ever do in the future would be wearing white after Labor Day.

All of a sudden, as if in slow motion, she heard an almighty crack and felt the ground fall out from under her. She was vaguely aware of the sensation of falling as she waved her arms in the air to try and find purchase that didn’t exist, before hitting the ground with a crunch. She felt pain sear through her and everything went hazy until she knew nothing more except for darkness.

Hearing the crash Scott screeched to a halt and glanced backwards, his mouth gaping open as he saw the hole in the floor through which his girlfriend had disappeared. Unsure what to do, he hesitated but a shaft of moonlight that dribbled through a crack in a grimy window highlighted a figure approaching from the other end of the corridor.

Seeing that the monster was slowly ambling toward him, Scott gulped and turned in the direction of the stairs, clearing them two at a time as he left the building without another thought.

As the night air hit him he shivered and felt a tiny frisson of guilt before shrugging.

“Sorry, Buffy.” Scott whispered over his shoulder into the thin air before clambering over the gate and disappearing into the shadowy night.

Inside the house the guise of a monster melted away and pair of azure eyes studied the girl lying motionless on the ground, her left leg twisted at an unnatural angle.

He could hear her heart beating steadily and her regular breathing and he couldn’t really smell any blood so he wagered that the fall had just knocked her out.

With a sigh the black clad figure scooped the young woman up into his arms, cradling her tenderly to his chest. He’d forgotten what the touch of another felt like and took a moment to savor the feeling, inhaling the sweet vanilla aroma of the girl’s hair.

Whirling around he headed back up the stairs toward his bedroom, disappearing once again into the darkness.