Author's Chapter Notes:
Well apparently I wasn't finished with this story ... sigh. Here's part 2! Told in Spike's POV.
Spike


Let it burn ...

It didn’t matter that she pissed me off. It didn’t matter that she said hurtful things. All I could think of was getting to her.

I hope she fries. I’m free if that bitch dies....I’d better help her out.

From the shadows of the Bronze I see her. She is glorious. Singing and dancing. My dead heart contracts as she let’s out the truth.

I’m shocked she is finally telling her mates. The tears and looks of astonishment almost floor me but honestly they deserve to feel guilt.

That’s what you get for not telling me about your little plan, I think to myself selfishly as the tears fall down red’s face.

Sure I’m good enough for patrolling and fighting the monsters and watching Dawn but no one thinks to ask me about the spell.

As soon as Buffy is alive they go right back to treating me like shit. I should have known.

But at the same time would I have stopped them? My heart has been broken since she died. I am not the same man I was ... I wished I had been the one that died. How many times I saw that whole scene play out.

How many times I would have made it different.

Every time I would have saved her.

Never once did they ask me if I was ok. That’s not true. Dawn did. Dawn held me while I cried. We comforted each other while everyone else could care less. Dawn has caught me staring off into space, tears slipping down my face more than once.

Nothing was worse then the time Dawn found me at Buffy’s grave, drunk and crying piteously. The sun was almost up and I told her I was giving up. Begging her to leave me so I could end my un-life. I had never seen Dawn as hysterical as she got that night.

“Not you too. Don’t you leave me Spike. You’re all I have left!” she screamed as she threw herself at me.

I sigh and reach for a cigarette when I see Buffy jump off the stage. She is spinning and twirling, her feet smoking.

Is she bloody insane? I ask myself. Before I even know what I’m doing I’ve grabbed her. She is staring at me in shock and my eyes mirror hers before I start singing.

She is caught in my gaze as I sing... my heart pouring out in the simple words that come from my mouth. I want her to listen, to know that I’m here. I’m not going anywhere.

Her eyes change and she is looking at me in with something I’ve never seen. I can’t help the flood of hope that fills me.

*~*


Bugger this...

I feel her behind me as I walk away. No more singing for this vampire. I’ve been love’s bitch enough tonight.

She is gazing at me, that tender look in her face again and I roll my eyes. I can’t help it. I want so badly to grab her and kiss her but I hold back.

“The day you suss out what you do want there will probably be a parade. Seventy-six bloody trombones.”

She is saying my name and it never sounded so sweet. So full of promise. I blink and we are moving towards each other. Singing again... finishing each other’s sentences.

She is leaning towards me, her eyes on my lips. A shiver of apprehension flows through me and I stuff it down as her lips reach mine.


Chapter End Notes:
What did you think? Reviews are awesome!