Author's Chapter Notes:
Here are parts 3 and 4. I originally only planned on writing a ficlet for what Spike went through and the aftermath kiss and eventual loving but an adorable reviewer issued me a challenge and I am trying like hell to fulfill it.
Part 3

I gaze at her in surprise and complete astonishment. If I could blush I know I would have. But then again I’m William the freaking bloody, I don’t blush!

I’m dreaming, I must be.

I’m going to wake up and feel like an ass. I start to pinch myself when I feel her eyes on me.

She is staring at me. Staring isn’t really the right word. She is seeing right through me, gazing into the void that should house my soul.

Her eyes have a burning, far away look in them. Her face full of longing.

The shock of her kiss has not had a chance to register with me when she moves a little closer placing her hands on my knees.

“Spike... what you did for Dawn... for me, I will never forget it. Never.”

I can’t get my mouth to cooperate and I nod at her, lost in haze of her green eyes. The heat from her hands burning my skin through the denim.

Words like anything for you, or I’ve always got your back or I love you to the ends of the earth come to mind.

She’s touching my face, her fingertips brushing softly over my cuts and bruises.

I want to sigh sweetly and pull her to me. Bury my face in her soft hair and never let go.

“Are you ok?” she asks.

“ ‘ll live,” I comment trying not to lean into her hands, her touch.

In a flash she is gone, searching around my crypt. With my one unswollen eye I watch her in fascination, wondering what she has up her sleeve. She returns with one of my shirts dampened from the sink which she rubs on my face, cleaning my cuts and blood.

She touches my knees again, silently asking me to spread them a little and she settles herself between them.

I sigh inwardly, oddly comforted by her ministrations and her nearness. I fight the urge to touch her as her scent rolls tantalizingly over me.

“Do you have any blood in this place?” she asks, her fingers still touching my face.

“Didn’t make it to the butcher,” I answer mesmerized by her caress.

She sighs, her breath sweet and warm on my face.

“It’s ok Slayer, I’ll go tomorrow when I’m feeling better,” I say, trying to placate her.

“You need blood now,” she whispers as she runs a finger tenderly down my cheek and along my jawline.

She is regarding my face carefully, her eyes on my mouth. I can’t look away, I’m watching her just as she is watching me.

What is she getting at?

“A couple of hours isn’t going to hurt,” I gulp.

She stops touching me and looks me deep in the eyes.

“No Spike, you need blood now. You need to heal."

She is gazing at me, determination etched carefully in her features.

“Drink from me.”


Part 4

The words seem to hang in the air, stuck in thick tension. Reminds me of jello that has the fruit in it, suspended in the gelatinous gravity. I’m sure my good eye has bugged out of my head and there she stands her hand still on my face. Looking intently into my eyes.

“Have you gone mad?” I practically shriek at her, my voice echoing off the stone walls.

“You need blood Spike...”

“I know as you bloody well keep saying.”

She touches my cheeks, my skin cold under her hot little hands.

“Please Spike...please let me do this for you,” she pleads.

“You don’t have to slayer.”

“I know I don’t ... I want to.”

I’m at a loss for words as she pulls the neck of her tank top to the side exposing the column of her sweet throat to me.

My inner William is spiraling out of control in poetic bliss and I cringe at what he is trying to make me say. The words bonny and effulgent are springing to my mind and I push him down.

“Spike...please,” she begs pulling my mouth down to her skin. Her hand tangles in my hair as the other one clutches at my leg.

“If you don’t bite me I will find something to cut myself with,” she threatens softly, making me growl.

I close my eyes, breathing in her scent, committing it to memory when I feel my face shift.

I wind a hand in her soft hair and finger the tresses as I slide off the sarcophagus.

“Are you sure?”

She nods tentatively and I feel her tremble under my hands. I wrap an arm around her waist and gently blow against her neck. She shivers under my mouth as I trail a line of kisses up and down her throat.

Her thumbs are hooked into my belt loops as her hot little fingers pull my shirt out of my jeans to press deliciously into my skin. I open my mouth against her flesh and as softly as I can I sink my fangs into her throat.

“Ohhhh,” she moans breathlessly. I pull on her blood once, twice, three times and William is at the surface again. I clutch at the tiny blond in my arms like a lifeline. Her blood and body against mine absolute heaven.

I must be dead. Glory killed me because there is no way Buffy would let me do this, I think to myself as pull my fangs from her flesh and lick the wound.

Her blood pounds through my body leaving me trembling with love ... desire.

I am aching with need as I scent her arousal.

Buffy is clinging to me, breathing hard, her heart pounding. I kiss her neck again, my lips just barely brushing against her skin. I feel my injuries start to heal and I keep ghosting kisses across her neck.

“Spike,” she breathes.

I place another kiss and pull back, her eyes meeting mine.

Her stare wanders along my face, realizing what her blood has done to me.
Her eyes fill with tears as she runs her hands along my cheek and pulls me to her, her lips on mine. The touch of her mouth against mine sends a pulse of sensation through my body.

I moan low in my throat and kiss her back, hungrily. Our mouths spilling all the emotion that words can not express.


Chapter End Notes:
Hate? Love? Want more? Review!