Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Since I have already stolen Drogyn and hopefully given him a better death than Joss did; you won’t be all that surprised that I am playing with the Angel timeline. I’m just borrowing one more character. But I promise to give him back in the same condition I got him in.

Dialog taken from “No Place Like Home” by Doug Petrie. Dialog taken from Triangle, written by Jane Espenson

Many thanks to my beta No_Promises. The wonderful banner is by 3hours.

FYI: This is my first attempt at a sex scene so please be kind.
“Well sure they didn’t want you to mate with him. Especially after he lost his soul and tried to kill everyone! If you mated with Angel the actual ceremony might have been with him but you would have been tied to Angelus once he lost his soul and that would be a very bad thing.”

“But I don’t understand, isn’t it a good thing to have a slayer that is hard to kill?”

Anya nodded her head in agreement to the slayer. “Oh sure it’s great for us humans but bad for the council. There’s only one girl in all the world right? At first they were worried about the vampire turning her away from her duty, you know bringing her over to the dark side. But it turned out he helped her with her calling. Sounds great right? Not for the council, she stopped listening to them. They kept trying to get her to kill harmless demons and kept trying to tell her where to go and what to slay. Eventually she stopped listening to them completely.”

“And the council panicked. I’m right right? They couldn’t stand not being in control. Without a slayer that takes their orders they’re just a bunch of old tweedy guys reading musty old books.”

“Yup. They both died a few years later stopping an apocalypse and a new girl was called. But you’re unique; you’re not the only slayer. You died once already so even if you mated with Spike the council would still have a slayer they could claim.”

“Whoa! Who said anything about mating with Spike!” Buffy barely managed to squeak the words out. Visions of Spike half naked after showering were running through her head. Memories of sinful kisses during Willow’s spell had the slayer blushing, her heart rate speeding up.

§

“I can’t take it anymore!”

Everyone in the room was startled by Anya’s outburst. “What’s wrong Anya?” Tara placed a soothing hand on the upset woman.

Anya pinned the two super beings with her glare. “You and Spike that’s what. The two of you are driving me crazy. All you do is pace around all day. Go find something to do if you aren’t going to help with the research.”

“I can’t help it! I haven’t patrolled in almost a week!”

“Oi! I helped with the translatin’.”

“Anya’s right Buffy, you have all this energy you usually expend slaying and being cooped up in here isn’t helping.” The kind witch tried to ease the tension in the room.

“Come on slayer. I know just the thing.” Buffy’s pulse rate skyrocketed and Spike gave her his trade mark leer when he heard it. So the slayer’s interested huh?

“What?”

“Need to get a bit of a work out yeah?”

Buffy stammered a reply, Anya’s words of the other day popping into her head. Vampires have great stamina.

Spike didn’t wait around for the slayer. He strode off into the tunnels. By time Buffy caught up with him he was standing in front of the rock slide. “Figure we could start shifting these rocks outta the way. Burn off some of that extra energy we both have and it might give us another way out of here too.” Lifting the first boulder up Spike looked around for a place to put it. “Oi, slayer how’s about we block that entrance. No one uses it anymore, don’t go anywhere useful either. Pretty sure it leads to the water treatment plant. The only demons likely to go down there are Recusant’s.” At her confused look he translated. “Refuse eating demons, not somethin’ we want hanging out in our hide out, nasty smelly buggers.”

Buffy refused to answer just grabbed the rock from Spike and started filling up the opening he suggested. She was too embarrassed about where her thoughts had gone when Spike had said he knew how to burn off her excess energy. Bad lusty thoughts had entered her brain and it wasn’t getting any better watching the play of muscles through his tight t-shirt as he lifted and moved stone and dirt. Oh, yum! A view of Spike muscular butt presented itself to Buffy as the vampire bent down to pick up a large rock that had fallen off the pile. Bad Buffy! Stop thinking about the man, er vampire’s butt!

Spike was enjoying the hell out of this. He could see Buffy looking at him every time he moved, her heart was pounding, she had a flush coming up from her neck and he could smell the beginnings of arousal coming off the normally uptight girl. Figuring he’d play to his audience Spike removed his t-shirt. He almost chuckled out loud at the noise she made when he did.

GAH! Holy…. Oh this is so not fair! Look at those muscles! He’s all ripped and silky smooth. Oh, um wait what was I thinking about before? Oh yeah right, no wrong I meant this is wrong! I’m the slayer I shouldn’t be drooling over the evil dead. “Put your shirt on Spike!” Please don’t, just let me look for a few more minutes okay?

“’S dirty work, gotta save the wardrobe right? Only got a few more clean shirts an’ then we gotta figure out how to wash ‘em.”

A few hours later a dirty but smiling Spike came back followed by a blushing Buffy. “Looks like you were right. I give it a few more days.” Anya whispered to Tara as they looked at the two.

“Told ya.” Tara felt the flinch of her conscience. “But we shouldn’t tease her or make her feel bad. She’s so worried about what the others will think.”

“You let me worry about Xander. If he ever wants to play Inga the Helpless and Vlad the Impaler again he’ll leave Buffy and Spike alone. You need to work on Willow.”

§

Buffy and Spike spent the next two weeks excavating the collapsed tunnel while Tara and Anya had finished going over all the material the council had left. Wesley called every day to let them know that Dawn was getting better at the cleansing spell.

Moving the rock slide was slow going, they had to stop occasionally to search for wood to brace the ceiling of the tunnel to prevent another cave in. “OMG! That is so gross! What the heck is that?” Buffy screamed as she lifted a large rock in the collapsed tunnel.

Spike came over to look. “’S nothing slayer. Just a dead rodent or some such.”

Buffy dropped the stone when she realized she had some of the dead animal’s fur on her hands. “I need a shower like right now.”

“Slicing a demon up doesn’t bother you, but a little rat guts make you scream?”

Ignoring his comment Buffy turned and made her way back to the main chamber. Heading directly into the bathroom in her hurry to shower, she forgot to get clean clothes first. Spike made his way to his bedroom, removing his dusty clothing; he wiped a few smudges of dirt off his face and laid down on the bed.

“That’s so much better.” Buffy got out of the shower and wrapped herself in a towel. “Crap, I forgot clothes!” Tying the towel tighter around her body she made her way towards the bedrooms. Too busy drying her hair with a spare towel to pay attention to where she was going, Buffy walked into Spike’s bedroom.

Satisfied her hair was dry enough Buffy took the towel off her head to see a very naked Spike lying down on the bed. One look at his sculpted body had her heart rate soaring. Oh god, that’s… he’s… whoa momma.

Spike immediately picked up on her increased heart rate and the flush that was spreading over her skin. “Like what you see, pet?” He knew he was pushing his luck teasing her like this. But he couldn’t help it seeing her standing there in the dim light her skin golden and wet from the shower.

Her answer shocked her and Spike. “Yes.” Did I say that out loud? Buffy realized she meant it. She did want Spike, a lot.

Getting slowly to his feet, Spike walked over the slayer. The scent of her arousal was filling the air the closer he got to her. Placing a hand on her cheek Spike tilted her face up towards his. Rubbing his thumb in slow circles on her face he lowered his head until their lips were only millimeters apart. “Gonna kiss you now kitten.” He said as he put his words into action.

Buffy’s brain shorted out at the first contact of his lips on hers. I remember this. God can he kiss. Buffy started to eagerly respond running her hand up his arm to wrap it around his neck, pulling him closer to her. Spike took his other arm and wrapped it around her waist dragging her body up against his. Only a towel separated Spike’s obvious arousal from Buffy’s skin.

With Spike pressed up against her, she could feel whatever resistance she had left leave her. Giving a needy whimper, Buffy took her other hand and ran it up and down Spike’s back, the muscles jumping where ever she touched. Lifting his lips from hers Spike allowed Buffy to catch her breath. Trying not to startle her he began moving the two of them back towards the bed. When he could feel the mattress hit the back of his knees he turned them around. Slowly he lowered Buffy to the bed planting small kisses all over her face. Once she was on the bed Buffy moved into a more comfortable position never taking her hand away from the back of Spike’s neck.

Spike wished that he had lit more torches when he first came in so he could see Buffy better, but he had a feeling that if he got up now this moment would end. Moving his lips down her face and across her throat, Spike made his way down to the towel Buffy was wrapped in. With a quick flick of his wrist the cotton cloth was opened and Buffy lay bare before him. A hiss of indrawn breath preceded his reverent comment, “Gorgeous, luv.”

A shy look crossed her face at his comment. Never taking his right hand from her face his left softly swept down from her shoulder along the side of her breast coming to rest on her hip. Moving slowly like he was afraid she would run away if he moved to fast, Spike continued to place slow, sweet kisses against her throat and face.

Working his way down from the hollow at her throat, Spike kissed the upper swell of her right breast, watching as the nipple hardened. Taking it into his mouth he sucked on it gently before giving the left the same treatment. The feel of his cool lips trailing down her chest and latching onto one pink pebbled nipple made her head fell back as she thrust her chest up to meet him. He lavished attention on one breast while his hand cupped and rubbed the other at the same time. Rolling and pinching the nipple until Buffy almost cried in desire, her arousal almost painful in its intensity. Spike slowly worked his way down her body kissing along her ribs and down her stomach. Buffy gasped and shivered when he circled her bellybutton, before continuing down to trail kisses along her hip bones.

Small whimpering noises came out of Buffy’s throat at the attention she was receiving. Running her hands all over any part of him she could reach Buffy let one hand bury itself in his hair. The other tried to grab hold of his shoulder her nails leaving half moons in his skin as she arched up in pleasure.

When Spike started to move further down her torso, Buffy grabbed his face. “Now, need you now.” Pulling him up so they were eye to eye she kissed him, shifting her hips in invitation.

Settling himself between her thighs Spike slid in to her heat in one stroke, causing both of them to gasp out loud at the sensation.

Bloody fuck! Gonna burn me up she is.

OMG! I didn’t know that spot was there!

After a few seconds both of them started moving and neither of them could think again.

As they settled into a rhythm, thoughts reemerged, hazy, incomplete. Spike grunted as he slid back inside her, feeling her reaching for him, pulling him closer. “Want this?” He asked, panting against her skin.

Buffy gulped trying to catch her breath, “Uh, huh.”

She wants me, wants this. If you only knew what I wanted from you slayer. “Wanted this, too. For a long time.”

That’s… wow he wanted me? A deep probing kiss derailed her thoughts for a moment. I guess so! “This feels, you feel…. Oh!” Whatever Buffy had been about to say was lost as Spike bent his head and took one hardened nipple back into his mouth. Yanking his head up Buffy attacked his mouth.

Breaking off the kiss so she could breathe Spike started whispering in her ear. “You make me feel..”

Turning her head to look in his eyes Buffy was stunned by what she could see in those blue eyes. “Shhh.” Not right now, give me some time.

Spike could see the uncertainty and a little fear in her eyes. Don’t push her. Want is something right? “No worries, pet.” Just make it good for her right now. And he proceeded to do just that.