Author's Chapter Notes:
So lone behold another angst chapter...

As always I own nothing. This is just for fun!
(:
Buffy sat patiently in her gynecologist office waiting for the results from her doctor. She knew home kits could be wrong. She just hoped she was that lucky.



Closing her eyes, Buffy leaned back against the chair and thought about ‘the baby’. Would it be a boy or a girl? What about the hair? Eyes? Would they have her brains, Spikes charm?



Her eyes snapped open as the light knock, tapped the door and Dr. Finn walked inside.



“Hello Buffy. How are you today?” He asked smiling brightly at her.



“As good as can be expected Dr. Finn.” She mumbled, wishing the ground would swallow her whole.



His smile turned sad and he opening her folder to reexamine the results. “Well Buffy, I hear congratulation is in order.”



Buffy looked up at him with wide eyes and took a deep breathe collecting her thoughts.



“So the test wasn’t wrong… I’m really pregnant. Buffy Summers is having a baby.” She said aloud mostly to reassure herself.



“Yes Buffy. Were going to do an ultrasound to see how far along you are. Then set you up with some prenatal vitamins and you’ll be good to go home.”



Buffy could only nod her head. She didn’t know what she was going to do. What was she suppose to tell her mother…. Her friends… Spike? Oh god Spike was going to be a father… to her baby.



She clutched her stomach feeling overwhelmed with nausea again, as the room started to spin crazily, and her lungs pleaded with her for air.



“Buffy are you okay?” Dr Finn asked, reached out to check her pulse.



“I feel dizzy… can’t breathe.” She gasped for air.



Dr. Finn grabbed Buffy before she slammed into the floor, yelling for nurses and someone to get an ambulance there ASAP.



“Buffy… Buffy… Buffy!!” She could hear the yelling of her name but everything got blurry and distant sounding.



The last thing on her mind before the world went completely dark was a blonde haired, blue eyed, bouncing, baby girl.



**********



Spike walked back into his hotel room. He had been out again all night. Lately he wasn’t up for company, he went to shows, drank, and just went for walks. His fire for life was gone. He was just living now because he had no other choice.



A panicked voice caught his attention as Willow paced back and forth in the living area.



“I don’t understand I just talked to her yesterday? What do you mean shock? 24 hours? I’ll be there soon!”



Spike heard the fire of questions and raised an eyebrow as an uneasy feeling settled in his stomach. He watched her throw her phone carelessly and start running around the room crazily.



Spike reached out a pulled her to a dead stop.



“What’s going on?” He prayed it had nothing to do with Buffy, but already knew the answer from the look in Willow’s eyes.



Willow started crying and she flung her arms around Spike. “It’s Buffy. We have to get home now!” She tried to struggle from his grasp. “Spike come on I have to hurry.”



“What do you mean? What happened to Buffy?” He said shaking her by the hold he had on her arms.



Tears poured from Willows eyes, she looked pale and completely terrified.



“All her mom said was that she wasn’t feeling well yesterday. She went to the doctors and once she got there her body went into shock. Now she is in a self inflicted coma and she has been under for 24 hours with no sign of coming back.”



“Self inflicted?” He asked in disbelief trying to get his thoughts together.



“Yes Spike. It means she was too stressed out for her brain and body to take it. She went into shock because she coudn't deal with it anymore and now she is in a coma.”



“But she’ll be okay right?” He was looking at Willow with begging eyes. He didn’t know how serious this was, but he figured being in a coma for over 24 hours was a big deal.



“I don’t know Spike. I really just don’t know.” Willow cried.



That was all it took, Spike dropped down to his knees clutching the carpet as sobs racked his body, while he begged the lord not to take her from him yet. Begged for his life in place of hers. Begged for forgiveness for everything he had done.



Willow rubbed his back and spoke softly to him as his crying died down.



“We have to get it together and get there. So we can be there with her.”



“Your right Willow. Come on.” Spike jumped up and grabbed some things before he and Willow set off for the airport.



He loved her with everything he had in him. She was everything to him and he had to fix this; he couldn’t lose her before he’d really had her.



Spike said one last prayer before they boarded the plane.





Chapter End Notes:
SO what do you think??

I wanted some kind of dynamic scene that would cause Spike and Buffy to be back together and her being hurt was the way to go?!

(BTW The 'coma'... Think season 5 whenever Glory takes Dawn,..)