Author's Chapter Notes:
**I realize I was never really clear on The gangs ages.... They are 22 & 23 years old... Also in my story it is based on the time now... like 2010 so when I do flash backs in this chapter and i put the year 2000 they are 12*.... Just didn't want any confusion on that!!**

Also I've been completely SLACK with updating on my story and i apologize for everyone awaiting my updates! Hopefully after a few crazy months I will have more free time to write! (:

But with out anymore delay... I GIVE YOU CHAPTER 11...
ENJOY!
Buffy was in and out of consciousness. She was aware of who was around her and she could hear her mother’s gentle voice and feel the warmth from her hands, but she just couldn’t pull herself from the fog.

She made a mess of things and just wasn’t ready to deal with them yet. So she went back into her mind, back to before. The happy days.

***********


Sunnydale July, 2000

Buffy and Willow raced down the street on their bikes in a hurry to reach the ice cream man. This was tradition for the girls, especially during the hot summer days. As they moved closer to the parked truck and swarm of kids, Buffy noticed the moving truck parked a few houses down.

“Come on Buffy, we got to hurry or we will miss the ice cream man.” Willow hollered at her friend, who was now stopped checking for the new neighbors.

“I’ll be right there Willow, go ahead and make sure he doesn’t leave until I got my Snoopy pop… Kay?” Buffy called back.

Willow continued on her journey down the street as Buffy walked her Bike to the steps where a dark, curly haired boy with big glasses sat.

“Hi, I’m Buffy. I live down the street.” She said smiling brightly at the boy.

He glanced up at her with a tear streaked face. “Hi I’m William.”

The little boy reached up and wiped his face and nose quickly.

“Why you so upset Willy?” Buffy asked smacking down on her bubble gum.

“It’s William and I just don’t want to live here.” He said getting mad at her.

“Well I can show you around if you want, I have a lot of friends… It’s really nice here. I promise.” She stuck her fingers up in the scouts honor sign.

“I don’t know. You’re a girl.” William stated, looking over her pig tails and pink overalls.

“BUFFY COME ON!!” Willow yelled.

“I’ll be right back Willy.” Before he could correct her she was riding away on her bike.

He sat there on the steps looking at the ground when he heard the retreating foot steps.

“Listen I know-“ Buffy cut him off giving him a Snoopy ice cream bar.

“I didn’t know if you liked ice cream… but theses are my favorite so…”

“Thanks.” He smiled at her before tearing into his ice cream bar. “You know for a girl, you’re pretty cool.”

“Thanks, I guess your okay too… for a boy. How about this Willy?” Buffy dropped her bike and sat down beside him. “We can be best friends I only have a best girl friend, want to be my best boy friend?” She asked him with a hopeful expression on her angelic face.

“Okay, but only because you brought me the ice cream.” He stated with a chocolaty smile spread across his face.


*********

Sunnydale August 2003

15 year old Buffy sat on the hood of Williams’s car waiting for him to meet her so they could ride to school together. It was the first day of their sophomore year and she was thrilled not to have to take the bus. William had just gotten his license over the summer and this was they’re first step toward “adult hood” as she called it.

William came down the stairs in his kaki pants and button up. Glasses firmly in place with his bag pack high on his back.

“Ready for a good first day Buffy?” He called as he reached the door handle to dispose of the bag.

“Of course no longer fresh meat we get to have a normal fun filed driving year… I’m thrilled.” She shrieked, jumping in to the passenger seat.

She reached over to turn on the radio cranking up the volume when R. Kelly’s ‘Ignition’ came on.

“I love this song… Let’s jam William…. ‘Toot too, beep beep’.”

He instantly reached up and turned the volume down glaring at her.

“Can we listen to something other than that? It’s too early and you know that is not my taste.” He said throwing the car in reverse heading to school.

“Don’t be such a prude. It’s fun.” She whined singing again.

“I most certainly am not a prude. I just would prefer to listen to something other than that.”

“Whatever you say Will, but come on you know that you are prudish when it comes to music. You would have to write your own music for it to even be something you’d like.” She stated eyeballing him.

“Eh I can’t help it if music today is bloody awful. And maybe I should start writing it. At least then I know it would be good.”

“You’d write your own music?” Buffy challenged.

“Maybe I will.” He fought back.

“Let’s do it together. That would be so much fun, you know I’ve always wanted to be in a band and ohhh Willow would so be in it too.” She stated going on about guitars and the drums and the things they could do.

“I don’t know Buffy. I was mostly just teasing you.”

“Come on Will…. It would be fun!” She worked over her best resolve face with a slight frown.

“Not fair Buffy, you know I can’t say no to that face.” He told her honestly, the fight leaving his voice.

“It’s settled then. We will figure it out after school and become famous one day.” She said laughing because she only half way believed they would really do it.

***********

May 2006

Buffy was running through school finishing up the final touches for graduation. She just needed one more signature for her senior sign off and she would never have to walk the halls of Sunnydale High again.

Rounding the corner she stopped dead in her tracks seeing Will (Spike) leaning up against his locker with Cecily Adams. Her heart went into over drive from the sight of him.

The button up shirts, slacks, and loafers were long ago replaced with band T’s, black skinny jeans, and vans. He had his lip and eyebrow now pieced. His sex appeal screamed out to her.

Not that it ever mattered, she loved him unconditionally from tweed and glasses to piercing and vans. She long ago tried to get over the crush, but it just grew stronger and eventually turned into love.

The love in which broke her heart on a daily bases, especially when he had a new girlfriend. Cecily however was not new. In fact she was old. They started dating a year ago…. And to say the least Buffy hated her.

Cecily Adams was a stuck up bitch from hell, and that is putting it nicely. She has tried their whole relationship to tear her and Spike apart, and by some miracle had yet to succeed.

She started walking to them and stopped when she heard what was being said.

“I’m sorry Spike. I just want to break up. We aren’t good for each other. I mean you we’re fun and good fling but you’re beneath me.” She walked away without a backwards glance.

Buffy had tears rolling down her face. How could any girl think he wasn’t perfect?

Spike just stood there hands clenched at his side. She could see his mind working at a 100 miles a minute and decided to make her move.

She reached over and grabbed his arm running her fingers down and grabbing his hand, lacing their fingers together. She reached up with her other hand and wiped away the few falling tears from his cheek.

“Hey, I heard. Don’t listen to that bitch. She wouldn’t know a good guy if it bit her on the ass. Your perfect Spike and any girl would be lucky to have you.” Buffy threw her arms around him in a bear hug, holding him to her why he softly cried.

He calmed after a minute and pulled away running his fingers through is curly blond hair. “Oh bugger, sorry. I didn’t mean to unleash on you like a baby.”

“Hey, none of that. If you can’t be a baby with your best friend who else can you be a baby with? And besides you’ve seen me at my worst. You wouldn’t call me a baby now would you?” He chuckled and leaned down to hug her once more.

“Yeah but you’re a girl.” Buffy reached up and smacked him in the arm, when his expression became serious.

High school Spike started flickering to Spike now leaning against her on the hospital bed.

She shook her head and looked up at him once more trying to stay in her dream.

“What’s wrong?”

“Buffy it’s time to wake up.” He said leaning down to kiss her mouth softly.

“But I don’t want to. I like it here with you. Things are easier this way.”

He just shook his head and grabbed her hand.

“Buffy you gotta come back to me love. I need to see your beautiful green eyes. I know I messed up and I want to fix it badly sweets, but I can’t until you wake up.”

She was looking up at Spike, but his mouth wasn't moving. Dream Spike just smirked down at her.

“Spike?” She asked clutching onto his dream hand tightly, but it felt too real… to warm.

“Spike?” She called again as her dreams turned black.

“Love can you hear me? Please open your eyes for me baby.”

Buffy opened her eyes to florescent lighting and machine’s beating. She blinked hard a few times trying to get rid of the fuzziness.

She leaned up slightly and tried to move her hand, realizing it was engulfed in a rougher, manlier one.

She glanced up into relief filled blue eyes, and instantly thought about the baby.

"Buffy." He smiled at her.

She sucked in a breathe and choked over her words. "Hello Spike."


Chapter End Notes:
So you got to see a little about that past?!?
Whatdaya think?
LET ME KNOW!
(: