Author's Chapter Notes:
As always i own nothing.
The music, fanfic, and Spuffyness is all for fun!

ENJOY!
After the set the band grabbed their instruments and started moving their equipment back to Oz’s van. Spike walked back inside Willy’s once everything was stored away to tell him thanks, and bye. When a tall, dark haired, man covered head to toe in stylish name brand clothing approached him.



“You’re the lead singer of The Vamps? Hi my name is Alexander Harris, Xander mostly.” He reached his hand out and Spike eyeballed it for a moment then returned the shake.



“Spike Giles, forgive me for being rude, but are you lost mate. I don’t take it your from round here, since I’ve never seen you.” Spike questioned and Xander chuckled.



“You would be correct.” He reached into his wallet and pulled out his flashy business card. “I’m a record manager. I’m currently looking for young, fresh, talent. And tonight I think I found it.”



Spike glanced down at the card in his hand and back up at him. “What’s the catch?”



“I’m sorry?” Xander asked confused.



“You know the catch? I mean don’t get me wrong mate. I would be thrilled to become famous and all that rot, but for some reason this just seems too easy?” He said with a suspicious gaze.



“I can assure you there is no catch. Like I told you before, I have been looking for months for, well might I be so frank, your band.” Xander stated matter of factly and Spikes jaw practically hit the floor; he just knew he entered the bloody twilight zone.



“Spike what’s taking you so long, I thought you were just… Oh hi.” She gave a shy wave to the stranger, then turned to Spike. “Sorry, I didn’t realize you were in the middle of something.”



“No worries, I was actually going to have Spike introduce me to all of you. I’m Xander Harris.” Buffy smiled brightly and shook his hand.



“Very nice to meet you Mr. Harris, Buffy summers.” She pointed at herself.



“The pleasure is mine. I was just telling Spike-“



“I think we should grab the whole band, you probably aren’t gonna want to be repeating this 5 more times. Follow me.” Buffy looked between the two men with a curious glance, but quickly followed behind them outside.



Willow, Anya, and Oz were all standing in front of the van talking when they saw the door fly open and their friends coming out.



“Spike are you okay? You don’t look so good.” Willow wondered as she walked over to him, noticing the stranger.



“Yeah I’m good, fantastic actually. Guys I want you all to meet Alexander Harris, he goes by Xander. Xander this is Willow Rosenberg, Daniel Osborne, we call him OZ, and Anya Jenkins.” Xander shook all their hands and they all mumbled their welcomes.



“Okay, well he just told me some interesting stuff inside and I figured you guys would want to know.” He turned to the other man. “You can tell them whenever your ready.” Spike then turned and sat down on the nearby stairs. Buffy looked at Spike with a worried look, he seemed so distant as of the last 15 minutes and she was worried about what this man had said to him.



“Okay, well as I was telling Spike… I am a record manager. I have been searching for months now to find some fresh talent and I think I found it tonight. I would really like you guys to come down to a recording studio is LA so I could send your album over to my producers and see what they think. I already had my higher up listen to you guys playing tonight, and like me he thought you were brilliant. I know this seems pretty surreal but it’s true. I will have a limo pick you guys up Thursday Afternoon drive you to LA and then bring you back. If you decide to go that is?” Xander looked back and forth between all of their shocked faces. Waiting for one of them to say something.



“Well… I think we should discuss this.” Willow said gazing at Spike who was dazing into space.



“Yeah, give us a minute Xander.” Anya said with a flirtatious smiling before walking over to Spike.



They all were standing there mumbling while Xander waited for the verdict. He couldn’t really hear them, but there was some squealing. After a 5 minute run down, Spike hoped up off the steps and walked over to Xander.



“Alright mate, were in.” Xander smiled brightly shook his out stretched hand and they all made plans for the arrival to LA.



*********



Thursday Afternoon in LA.



The limo pulled up to the recording studio and the band came spitting out of it. They met Xander inside the lobby where he told them that the van had already dropped off their instruments and they were already set up. With great excitement they all barreled down the hall way with Xander getting introduced to several people along the way and finally entering the studio.



“Alright this is how this works, ill be in that box behind this glass, ill talk to you through a microphone that will loud speaker over to this room, and let you all know when to start, and what not. Did you guys make up a list of songs to play today?”



“We did.” Spike handed him over the list of the five songs they picked out.



“Excellent. Ill let you all know when to begin.” He slipped through the door, and everyone got into position with their instruments and adjusted their microphones.



“Alright well you can begin when you’re ready. Announce the first song and then begin.” Spike nodded to all of them who just smiled back with equal enthusiasm.



“Give me a sign… on 1… 2… 3…”





Anya’s bass started, following by Buffy and Spike. Spikes angelic voice rang out in the sound room.



“Dead star shine

Light up the sky

I'm all out of breath

My walls are closing in

Days go by

Give me a sign

Come back to the end

The shepherd of the damned.”



Xander was even more inspired by this song. He figured it must have been older, or newer because he didn’t hear them play this one the other night.



Oz cracked down on his drums forcefully, earning a piano encore from willow, and they all followed with the chorus.



“I can feel you falling away

No longer the lost

No longer the same

And I can see you starting to break

I'll keep you alive

If you show me the way

Forever - and ever

The scars will remain

I'm falling apart

Leave me here forever in the dark.”



Buffy felt broken on the inside, she hadn’t wanted to play this song. She wrote it 2 years ago, when she finally realized no matter what she was never going to get the one man she wanted more than anything. Him being clueless however was the only one out of the 5 of them who didn’t know Buffy’s true feelings. Inhaling deeply though she pushed on into her solo part.



“Daylight dies

Blackout the sky

Does anyone care?

Is anybody there?

Take this life

Empty inside

I'm already dead

I'll rise to fall again.”



A single unnoticed tear rolled down her cheek as they finished up this song.


Chapter End Notes:
I used the song Give me a sign By Breaking Benjamin in this chapter! (:

Also, for the first probably 5 chapters, I am going to be showing them becoming famous... after that there will be a ton of SPUFFY! (:Promise.

Let me know if you wanna read more?
REVIEW!?! (: