Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing.... (:

Note:I update fast... so make sure you don't miss a chapter.

ENJOY!
Spike was lying in his bunk staring at the picture of him and Buffy from their senior prom hating how their relationship was at the moment. Buffy had thrown him into a whirl last night and he didn’t know what he was supposed to do about it.

He kept going back to her confession… I love you. He huffed and tossed the picture at his feet, not wanting those memories to keep flooding back. He felt so sick to his stomach knowing he may never have their friendship back. Glancing at the clock he realized Buffy had now been in the bathroom for 30 minutes.

‘Should I go talk to her?’ He asked himself. With a decision made he jumped off the bed and walked to the bathroom, but Willow grabbed his arm pulling him toward her.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“Going to talk to Buffy.” He answered not meeting her heated gaze.

“I’m thinking you should leave her alone for a little bit.”

“I can’t just leave her alone. She’s my best friend, and knowing I hurt her like I have is killing me.” His eyes watered and he blinked several times trying to keep them from surfacing.

“What would you say to her Spike? I mean you obviously don’t share her feelings, why make it worse?”

“Because I don’t know what I’m feeling.” He snarled.

“Well, from what she told me, you made it pretty clear last night.” Willow accused.

“Listen, last night I was takin off guard. She wasn’t supposed to be at the hotel, she was supposed to be out with you all. Even if she was there I wasn’t expecting her to confess feelings for me.” He told her honestly.

“It’s all out in the open now Spike. You say you don’t know what you’re feeling, but you actions speak louder than words.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” He raised an eyebrow and his mouth was in a hard line.

“Just that if you really had any remote feelings for her, don’t you think you would have been spending nights with her instead of women who just want to say they fucked a famous singer?”

Spike was furious. “You don’t know anything.”

“I know that since I met Buffy freshmen year she has done nothing but put you on a freaking pedestal, and try to make you feel for her the way she feels for you. She always made excuses for you too, like oh he just doesn’t want to admit it to himself, or maybe he’s just as scared as I am. Do you know how hard is it to sit here and watch someone you care about never date, never go out, never experience things because she’s waiting for you to wake up and smell the coffee?” Shaking her head she stood up and walked back to her bunk. “I love you Spike, we’ve become really close over the years, but I really just don’t understand who you are anymore. You say you don’t know how you feel… Well I think you need to figure out really quick or else, you’re going to lose her in every way you can.”

Spike leaned forward and rested his head on his hands. He didn’t know what he was feeling or what he was supposed to do. He just knew losing Buffy wasn’t an option.

***********

Buffy was sitting on the bathroom stool looking at her reflection in the mirror. She was trying to look past it though, trying to look deeper within her soul. She was pretty, she had a killer body, and yet Spike didn’t want her. She threw the toilet paper roll at the mirror in frustration, and let her head fall.

It had only been one night and she was already sick of crying. Sighing loudly she angrily dashed the tears off of her face, stood up and walked out of the bathroom and to the back of the bus to her guitar.

She was just playfully strumming away for several minutes trying to compose herself. She grabbed her notebook and words just started pouring out of her mind and onto the paper.

*****THE NEXT AFTERNOON****

Buffy woke up around noon; she didn’t get to sleep until around 4 and needed the sleep. With a sigh she climbed out of her bunk and saw everyone sitting at the table, eating lunch? Breakfast maybe?

“Good morning sleepy head. Was wondering when you were going to grace us with your presence.” Willow smiled brightly at her.

“Yeah, was just exhausted. Needed the sleep.” She plastered on a smile. “What are we eating?” She said squeezing in between Willow and Anya.

“We stopped at some taco place, grabbed you something. Knew you would be hungry when you woke up.” Spike said handing her the bag. The others looked at Spike then to Buffy, waiting to see what she would do.

“T-thank you.” She said taking the bag from him, but never making eye contact.

Spike just nodded and continued to eat his food.

Buffy just set the bag down, suddenly not feeling so hungry. ‘Why did this have to be so awkward?’ She wondered.

The rest of the trip to Michigan was quiet; she hadn’t felt like talking to anyone, so she just continued working on her song. Once they were off the bus to check into the hotel, there were tons of groupies sitting outsides with posters. They squealed when they saw them, pulling out their cameras and snapping millions of photos. Buffy lowered her sunglasses and faked a bright smile. They all started signing autographs.

A little girl probably around the age of 6 clinging to her, most likely, older sister’s leg caught Buffy’s attention and she squatted down. “Hi, what’s your name?”

“Kelsey.” The little girl muttered with big green eyes.

“Well Kelsey, it’s very nice to meet you.” Buffy smiled as the little girl hugged her tightly.

“It’s nice to meet you. Can I have your autograph?”

“I’ll give you something better.” Buffy brought her hands up to around her neck and pulled off her green emerald necklace, she bought it at a store in Arizona. “This matches your eyes very well.” She said putting the necklace around the little girl’s neck.

“You are so nice; I can’t believe how nice you are. I’m Kathy by the way, her older sister.” The teenager girl said with so much energy.

Buffy stood up meeting her gaze and smiled. “I love all of my fans, no matter their age.” She reached down and rubbed her hand on Kelsey’s head. “Keep that necklace safe.”

“I will.” Kelsey said holding on to the gem tightly. Buffy just smiled and turned to see Spike looking at her in awe.

She inhaled and bolted inside the hotel and away from him. Once they were all in the lobby Buffy walked up to the check in desk. “Hi I’m-“

“Buffy Summers?” The older lady said with a knowing smirk.

“Yes.”

“Your room is ready; I take it you want to check in.” Spike was standing right behind her with Willow waiting to get the keys.

“Actually, I know this is last minute, but you wouldn’t by chance have an extra room besides that one would you?” Buffy hoped, not even daring to look at the people behind her.

“Of course. We have several rooms, they aren’t all as nice as that one but-“

“A simple, plain room with one bed will do, and I’ll be paying for it myself.” She said grabbing her debit card out of her wallet. She figured it was only fair to pay for it herself and not tack it on to their expenses.

“Very well Miss Summers.” Buffy muttered a quick thank you and waited for the processing.

“Alright here is the room to the suite, and here is your room key.”

“Thank you. I appreciate you doing that.” Buffy turned to a very angry Spike, and confused Willow.

“Buffy, why did you get your own room?” Willow asked.

“Just wanted some alone time for me. You know with all the traveling, I just wanted some space.” She managed to say trying to avoid Spikes glare.

“Oh okay Buffy; well you can come to our room anytime you want.” Willow hugged her and turned to hand out the keys to everyone else.

Spike just stood there looking at her. “You’re that upset with me.” He asked in a hurt voice.

“It has nothing to do with you. I just wanted some time for me. Okay?” She told him. Hoping he wouldn’t see through her act.

“Buffy-“

“Spike are you coming?” Anya yelled and Spike turned to them waving for them to go.

“Buffy look, I know your upset, but I don’t want our friendship to be messed up. I really do care about you. Your one of the only people I do care about, and knowing I hurt you breaks my heart.” His eyes welled up with tears.

She glanced down at the room key in her hand. “Not as much as it breaks mine.” Physically seeing him flinch.

“Low blow Buff.” Spike said and then stormed away from her.

She sighed and decided to take the stairs. Maybe some exercise would help.


Chapter End Notes:
i know i know.... but things get worse before they get better right?

REVIEW?!?