Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing... (:

Thank you so much Melissa, Jane, and Sallyntmare for your reviews! As always i really appreciate it! Xo

Song in this chapter is Cold as you by Taylor Swift.

**** (note: I changed this last line for my story.) "With a mess of a best friend who has no right to adore you.”
Everything was set, tonight would be Buffy’s last performance with the band. She had already made arrangements for her replacement and everyone knew except Spike and she made them all promise not to tell him.

Xander and the others of course didn’t want her to go, but understood why she had to take a break.

It was time for her to go home, go back to the little bit of normalcy she had in her life and she was more than ready for it.

***************

The band rocked tonight and Buffy was pleased with her final one stage performance. The last song scheduled to play she had Anya and Willow cover her singing part so she sneak off to her changing room. Her smokey eye makeup was still sexy and intact, as was her long blonde locks.

Now in a long sleeve, one shouldered, extremely short black dress that clung to all of her curves deliciously, and some Jimmy Choo Kershaw Crystal-embellished Mesh black pumps she was ready. With one last look in the mirror she headed back to the stage.

It was time.

They were finishing up their last set and Spike was saying the final goodbyes to the fans amongst the crowd. After tons of cheering and a final wave Spike turned to exit the stage.

He stopped dead in his tracks when he heard Buffy chime in over the speakers. He turned and gulped hard, there stood Buffy all clad in black, looking like golden goddess. He admired her from head to toe while a smirk spread across his lips.

“Actually there is one more thing that I want to do before we leave all of you tonight” Glancing around nervously, inhaling deeply, Buffy let the words that would change the rest of her life pass her lips. “I wanted all of you wonderful people to be the first to know… As hard as this is going to be for me, and as much as I don’t want to… This will be my last performance with The Vamps.” She heard several gasps and pleading cries from the audience.

And just like that…. That smirk was knocked off Spikes smug face.

“I just wanted you guys to know, I love you all for the support you’ve brought to me and my band mates for the past year, for coming out to our shows, buying our CD’s, and for making us apart of your life’s, because you all have certainly changed mine.” She turned finally and glanced at Spike who looked completely lost. His mouth was hung open; he had both of his hands in his hair, as he shifted from foot to foot.

She tore her eyes away from him and turned back to her fans. Looking at him and seeing how upset he seemed would break her plan, and right now she just couldn’t let it happen.

“I have one more thing for you… I wrote this song, and tonight you guys will be the first to hear it.” The fans roared with excitement over the never before heard song. “I wrote this song about a guy, a guy that at one point in time was the center of my universe. He has completely changed however and I hate who has become.” With that being said she grabbed a stool from the side, set it in the middle of stage, grabbed a microphone off the stand and sat down slowly, carefully crossing her legs in front of her, showing off her long legs and tanned skin.

She glanced down nervously before turning to willow and Anya, nodding at them to begin playing.

“You have a way of coming easily to me
And when you take, you take the very best of me
So I start a fight cause I need to feel something
And you do what you want cause I'm not what you wanted.”

Spike was on the brink of being sick. He knew Buffy and him were no were near fine, but he never thought in a million years she would give up the band, her career, and on him….

The crack of a drum brought him back to reality.

“Oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day
Just walk away, no use defending words that you will never say
And now that I'm sitting here thinking it through
I've never been anywhere cold as you.”

That did he, he started crying. He knew he had lost her… and for good this time.

Buffy got up off the stool and started walking the length of the stage, holding the microphone tightly in her hand. Singing in earnest, this was going to be her last performance and damn if it wasn’t a good one.

“You put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray
And I stood there loving you and wished them all away
And you come away with a great little story
With a mess of a best friend who has no right to adore you.”

She felt her voice crack slightly by the last line. She was putting her heart and soul out there for the entire world to see, and right now she didn’t even care.

“Oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day
Just walk away, no use defending words that you will never say
And now that I'm sitting here thinking it through
I've never been anywhere cold as you.”

She strolled over and was now standing in front of Spike looking him dead in his eyes and bearing her soul to him. Singing to him and crying as the words poured from her mouth.

“You never did give a damn thing honey but I cried, cried for you
And I know you wouldn't have told nobody if I died, died for you
Died for you.”

“Buffy.” He chocked.

She just shook her head and let the tears fall freely down her face.

“Oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day
Every smile you fake is so condescending
Counting all the scars you made
And now that I'm sitting here thinking it through
I've never been anywhere cold as you.”

She turned away from him and plastered on a fake smile for her fans. “You guys have been brilliant… Thank you again… & I promise it’s not goodbye… It’s see you later.” With a small wave a few blown kisses, she turned on her heel and gracefully walked off the stage.


Chapter End Notes:
My inspiration for Buffy's out fit:

http://images.christianlouboutindaffodilesale.com/JC/Jimmy_Choo_Shoes/Jimmy_Choo_Kershaw_Crystal-embellished_Mesh_Pumps_Black/JimmyChooKershawCrystal-embellishedMeshPumpsBlack.jpg

&
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/1/7/6/4/6/5/webimg/493180825_tp.jpg

But thank you all for reading...
Show some love... You like?!? Review!