Author's Chapter Notes:
Now we're going to have some fun. Buffy surprises Spike at the end of a nice little chat. (Finally.) Angelus is being a naughty boy and Dru is hot on his heels. Enjoy!



(This may be my only update today as it's time to clean house, and mine is a wreck.)
Chapter 13

The silence was awkward as Buffy and Spike made their way back to Revello Drive. Neither knowing quite what to say, it was Spike who finally spoke first. “So, you have questions, yeah?”


Sheepish and embarrassed, Buffy nodded. “What did Ellie mean by ‘being mad at her later?’ I guess that’s the best place to start.”


“Ellie has always been a right powerful witch, but her connection with Dru started just after she was Sired. You birds sussed out that she was using her link to make the town mad?”


Nodding again, Buffy said, “I’m not sure what she was channeling though, was it Drusilla’s...mind?”


“Yeah. She’s known that trick for a long time. Played it on me more than once, too. This one time me and Dru were shaggin’...”


At Buffy’s slightly squeamish look, he stopped. Instead, he tried a different tactic. “You know Dru has visions, right?” At Buffy’s agreement, he continued, “Well Ellie can see those visions too - when she opens the link. The dream we both had, it musta been something Dru was seein’ as she slept that night.”


Horrified, Buffy squeaked in a high voice, “So that’s actually going to happen??”


“Oi! Don’t look so touchy! I’m a right handsome bloke, should be happy it was me!”


Rolling her eyes, Buffy admitted, “Okay, so you’re attractive. Hunky even.” Eyes widening, she paused before saying, “Tell me I didn’t just say that out loud.”


“’Fraid you did, love, not that I mind,” he replied with a leer.


“So not going there! I can’t fall in love with a soulless vampire...and, I’m not sure I even like you.” she said, eyes dropping to the ground.


Taking a moment to process her last thought, he said in a small voice, “I’m not sure I like you either, but you’re a pretty little chit, gorgeous when you’re brassed off.” Brain catching up to his mouth, he spat out, “And soul or no soul, I’m a much better vamp, AND man than Angelus.”


Not quite ready to asses the comment about souls, she focused on the off-hand compliment. “You think I’m gorgeous?”


“You haven’t been done right by men in the past, have you love? If you were my girl, I’d tell you everyday. Just the kind of bloke I am, I guess. I wear my heart on ma sleeve; I’ve always been love’s bitch.”


“So you where does Drusilla fit into all of this? Aren’t you still with her?"


Sighing, he said, “Been faithful to her for over a century pet, doesn’ mean she’s been with me, ya know? And I’m more than worried now that she’s got get mind set up again, she won’t need me at all. Was more of a caregiver, not that we weren’t lovers mind. I guess she just cared for me as a Childe...”


“That’s terrible! How could you stay with her if she was like that?”


“Like I said kitten,” he began, catching her blush at THAT particular pet name, “I’m love’s bitch. Don’t know how to be anything else.”


Saddened by his words, Buffy was thoughtful. “I need time...time to think this over. I need to get to know you, see if you truly CAN be a good man...errr vampire. You know what I mean.”


Smiling softly at her rambling, he responded with, “Speakin’ of relationships, aren’t you and the poofter still an item?”


Shaking her head in the negative, Buffy didn’t say anything in elaboration.


Shocked, Spike’s heart soared. Maybe there WAS a chance in hell...


Realizing that they had reached her home, they stopped their now casual walk next to the infamous climbing tree. “Well,” Buffy said, “this is me.”


In a teasing voice, Spike said, “Well it’s been lovely Slayer, now gimme a good-night kiss, yeah?”


Blushing once more, Buffy surprised him by going up on her toes and dropping a light kiss on his cheek. Deftly shimmying up the tree and through the window, she looked down upon the still stunned vampire and giggled. “Goodnight, Spike.”


She was gone by the time he whispered, “’Night Slayer,” his cheek still pleasantly tingling from her abrupt kiss.



xxx



A dark figure watched the blonde duo with revulsion. He always knew Dru’s first Childe was soft, but he couldn’t fathom that THIS was how soft he had become. First staying with his own lovely Childe, Dru, for over a century, then protecting his ‘little sister’ for several years, and now pining for the Slayer? Bah.


The Slayer in question was another matter entirely. With Dru now sane, he would make Buffy his crowning glory. Oh yes, he had many plans for her. She had left herself wide open to the malicious tortures he loved to perform...what with having friends, a stuffy Watcher, a possible vampire lover, and of course, her mother. Not his usual cup of tea, preferring young girls, her mother would be an easy path to breaking the young Slayer. Oh the possibilities...he knew just where to start. He still had an invite to her young witch-friend’s house, and she would be so easy to spook. A nice subtle fishing trip seemed in order! All the pretty pictures he would draw...it was such a delicious thought that he a couldn’t wait to begin. Knowing he had to move fast to avoid a possible disinvite AND the company he saw the witch leave the abandoned house with, he headed to Willow’s home post-haste.



xxx



In his rush to leave the safety of the shadows, Angelus didn’t notice that he had been spotted. Drusilla had been patiently waiting and watching him from the time she had picked up his scent and sensed his presence. Emboldened by the vision she received telling her that her Sire would cause no harm this night, she was sure in her desire to torture and kill him. Checking to see that the stake Buffy had given her was securely strapped to her nightdress, the now perfectly well vampire smiled menacingly and followed him into the night.


Chapter End Notes:
Ty again for reading, and I hope you enjoyed that little bit of fluff. More to come tomorrow!