Author's Chapter Notes:
When we left off, Angel had gone to find Giles, leaving Buffy at the mercy of Spike and Ellie. Buffy agrees to play nice, and off we go again!
Chapter 4

Buffy watched Angel until he disappeared from view, slipping off into the shadows towards Giles’ flat. Again alone, she regained focus and turned back towards the two vampires who had her at their mercy.


“Okay, so Angel is gone. Let me go and I’ll come peacefully and we’ll talk,” she said, annoyed that her voice broke ever so slightly with fear.


Nostrils flaring, Spike picked up the scent of her unease almost immediately. “Slayer! No fear! If Ellie says we’re just talkin’ then we’re jus’ talkin’. She’s a vamp of her word and so am I. And if ‘m right, you’re just as curious as I am, pet.”


Nodding twice, Buffy replied, “I’m more wigged that you DON’T want me dead. It’s majorly creepy.”


Smiling ruefully, Ellie added, “Trust me sugar, creepy is story of my unlife. Since we’re playin’ so nice now, lemme get you free.”


With a few words and a wave of the hand, Buffy was once again able to move. Stretching her stiff muscles much as Spike had before, she said, “Thanks Ellie, I’m a Slayer of my word as well. I’ll listen.”


“Well then, I know it ain’t much, but ya’ll come on in. It’s warded against violence - so no funny business, ya hear? You’ll just hurt yourself.”


Spike and Buffy nodded in agreement. Ellie entered first, graciously leading her guests into her makeshift home. Then something strange happened. As Buffy went to cross the threshold, Spike’s hand brushed the small of her back in a very Victorian gesture. Almost as if an electric current shot through her body, Buffy bristled. Spike, who also felt the zing, dropped his hand as if burned.


“What the hell do you think you’re doing Mister?” the blushing and blustered Buffy asked.


“Oi! Jus’ tryin’ to be nice! Old vamp old habits yeah? Didn’t mean nothin’ by it. Not like I’m tryin’ to warm you up for a snog!” Spike retorted. ‘Is she blushing?’ he thought. ‘Well well well...’


“Yeah like THAT would ever happen. Whatever a ‘snog’ is anyway. So just...keep your hands to yourself!” Buffy replied.


‘Definitely not worth the effort.’ Spike thought again. ‘Though I’ll bet she’s a wild lil thing in the sack...’


With that idea firmly implanted in his mind, Spike’s lecherous side took over. Opening his mouth slightly and curling his tongue behind his top teeth, he ran his hand down his chest to rest palm open just above the waistband of his tight jeans.


Smirking ever so slightly, he said huskily, “Bossy lil chit. Turns me right on that does.”


Beyond mad and offended, Buffy replied sweetly, “If these wards weren’t in place, we’d find out just how hard I could kick you where it hurts. With all this Slayer strength, I’m sure I could put you out of our misery for a few days...at least!”


As the two blondes argued, Ellie watched on in interest. So THIS was what Mummy had been babbling about all afternoon. ‘Makes sense I guess,’ she thought. ‘Not like this family’s ever been normal.’


The three unlikely comrades continued their way through the entryway, which looked just as ramshackle as the outside of the house, blondes bickering and jibing all the way. Finally, Ellie had had more than enough.


“Quit it you two! If you’re gonna act like children, I’ll make you each get a switch out of the yard and I’ll beat you with ‘em!” she called over her shoulder. When she finally reached her sitting room, she turned to find two very sullen faces looking at the floor, refusing to meet her eyes.


“Oh now, you know I’m justa teasin’.” Mockingly shaking her head, she elaborated, “I guess if ya’ll can’t throw punches then you have to throw insults, but try to keep it to a minimum. We have a lot to go over, and precious lil time to do it in.”


Tired of remaining so calm and trusting, even though this WAS his beloved little sister, Spike asked, “The bleedin’ fuck are you doin’ in Sunnyhell bit? What’s all this ‘bout talkin’ with the Slayer? I’ve been a saint so far, and now I want some answers!!”


Buffy couldn’t agree more. “Not sure what half of that meant, but I did hear a few words I could string together. What ARE we doing here?”


Realizing that it was time to dole out some answers, Ellie sighed. Pointing to the couches and chairs covered plastic and dust, she said, “Rip off that plastic and have a seat, this could take a while.”



xxx



A loud banging noise woke Rupert Giles from slumber. Sprawled in a comfortable chair, he blinked bleary eyes and wondered who the hell would be waking him at this hour. Laying the research he had fallen asleep perusing next to the half-drunk glass of scotch on the side table, he looked to the clock nearby, confirming that it was just past one in the morning. The pounding began again.


“Yes yes, I’m coming,” came the annoyed reply.


When he finally reached the door, the pounding had commenced twice more, and Giles grew anxious. ‘What if Buffy needed him?’ he thought. Quickly throwing the door open, he was startled to find Angel on the other side.


“Invite me in Giles, there’s trouble,” Angel ordered.


“Do come in, Angel,” Giles replied sarcastically. “What brings you to my flat at one in the morning?”


“Buffy’s in trouble. Spike and some other vamp have her captive in an old house out by Restfield.”


“Oh dear Lord,” responded Giles. He immediately thought to polish his glasses. Realizing there was certainly no time for that, much less a proper explanation, he prepared to grab any necessary weapons.


Pausing his motions for a moment, he asked, “Why are you here instead of helping her?”


“I almost got staked trying to get her out of there. She was stuck in place by magic. They told me to leave or they’d kill me. She insisted on staying.” Angel replied.


Catching himself as another ‘Oh dear Lord’ was about to spill from his lips, he amended his list to include a few spellbooks and some common ingredients. Packing with haste, he turned to Angel who led Giles out of the flat and into the night, both men thinking rescue was close at hand.


They couldn’t have been more wrong.


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you again for reading, please feel free to leave reviews, thoughts, or ideas. I have a pretty good idea where I'm headed, but it's certainly not set in stone.