Author's Chapter Notes:
Now we get to hear Ellie's story. All you new Ellie fans out there, enjoy!
Chapter 5

Ellie had much to say. She just wasn’t quite sure how to go about it. Looking to her two unlikely guests, she found her brother draped lazily over a chaise. ‘No surprise there,’ she thought. She knew however, that his attention was directly on her and what she had to say. Buffy on the other hand, was sitting almost primly on the furthest couch from Spike, eyes planted on the younger vamp, waiting expectantly for her to speak. ‘If only those two knew...’ Ellie thought. Realizing that she was stalling, she took a deep breath and began.


“This may sound crazy, but I’ve found a ritual of some importance. How much do you know about our Sire Slayer?”


Buffy responded with confusion. “Who is your Sire? Oh! You mean the crazy one! Dru something or other.”


“Got it in one pet, Drusilla is our Sire. My Dark Princess, my ripe wicked plum...” Spike trailed off, goofy grin on his face.


“As my brother so kindly stated, Drusilla is indeed our Sire. How much do you know of her history?” Ellie asked.


“Not much, I’m afraid,” Buffy responded, “I’m not one for the research. I’m more of a pointy-stick-to-heart type girl.” Sheepishly, she continued, “Something about being driven mad by Angelus before she was turned?”


“That’s correct,” Ellie nodded, ignoring the muttered “Wanker” that came from Spike. Pressing on, she said, “She was slowly tortured mentally until the day she was to take her final vows as a nun. By this time, she was more than insane. Angelus then took it upon himself to curse a convent girl with eternal damnation and made her one of us. However, what most don’t know is that she was also a seer. Her visions are second-to-none.”


Shocked and appalled, Buffy asked, “Is that why you don’t like Angel?”


“Angelus, and yes, he cursed my mother. That in itself is unforgivable.” Ellie replied with a single sharp nod of her head.


Stubbornly, Buffy added, “But he’s good now! He has a soul!”


Laughing dryly, Spike interjected, “Soul? What is it about souls that makes you humans go all aflutter? Serial killers and rapists have souls, doesn’ stop them from doin’ evil.”


Stubbornly, Buffy replied, “Doesn’t seem like vampires have problems with evil either though, does it?”


“Just because we CAN do evil doesn’t mean we HAVE to do evil Buffy,” said Ellie softly. “I’ve not killed a human in anything other than self-defense in goin’ on ten years. I drink pig’s blood from the butcher.”


“Never understood that ‘bout you Ellie,” Spike replied. “Tastes bloody awful that does.”


“It tastes like bacon,” Ellie replied, slightly sheepish.


Thoroughly confused and slightly disgusted, Buffy said, “So all vamps aren’t evil?”


Bitterly, Ellie replied, “No Buffy, not all vamps and demons are evil. Your misconceptions are based on the council and your Watcher I assume? They’re wrong. Some of us just want to live in peace.”


Buffy was quiet for several moments, finally saying, “This is a lot to take in, and I’m not sure I believe you. You are a vamp after all.”


“’Ey Slayer, don’t be so glum. Most vamps? Evil as they come, yours truly included.” At that, Ellie giggled. Shooting a sharp glare at his sister, Spike continued, “Don’t fret your pretty head over all the vamps you’ve dusted. Fledges and minions aren’t like Childer. One day we’ll sit ourselves down and have a nice long chat about it, but for now seems like there’s more pressing matters to tend to.” At that, he fixed a stare on his sister, urging her to continue.


“Right then, back to the topic at hand. My mother is very special to me. She saved me from a horrible death.” Taking a deep unneeded breath, Ellie pressed on, tears pricking her eyes. “I was a normal girl for most of my life. I was born in 1959 to a very religious home in Eastern Kentucky. My parents and I got along quite well, and other than the occasional trouble that stemmed from our business of moonshinin’, we were happy. When I turned ten however, my problems began.”


“I discovered that I was special. I could move things around without touching them. Being so young, I thought that all kids could do that. Still, I kept it a secret for another ten years. On the day I turned twenty, I was out workin’ the still with my pa when a big barrel of shine fell over on his leg, crushing it right good. Frightened, I did the only thing I knew, and moved it with my special power.”


“Instead of thanking me and letting me help him back down to the house, my pa looked at me in horror. ‘WITCH!’ he screamed. Hearin’ the commotion, ma ran up the short hill to the still and saw us both, terrified. As she helped pa back up, she fixed me with a glare like I’d never seen before. ‘You get the hell away from us you sinner!’ she cried.”


“I was devastated. With no where to go, I ran up into the mountains hoping to hide. I cried a lot, wondering what I had done wrong. I’d saved my pa right? Little did I know that ma and pa had rousted the whole town into findin’ me. When night fell, they searched me out in a small cave not too awfully far from my home.”


“As they grabbed me, torches blazin’, somethin’ strange happened. A figure in black with the lightest hair I’d ever seen jumped into the mob and started bitin’ and fighting like no other. In the confusion, I ran deeper in the cave. Lonely, scared, and tired beyond belief, I was startled to find a woman comin’ slowly towards me. She had long dark hair, pretty face, and was wearin’ this white nightdress. She had a curious smile on her face and was giggling, head tilted to one side. As we stared each other down, the figure in black joined us, blood soaking his mouth.”


“I was terrified, thinking that I’d jumped from the fryin’ pan and into the fire, when the man said, ‘This the one you wan’ ta eat love? She’s right pretty.’ Eyes rollin’ back into ma head, the last thing I heard was the woman talkin’. ‘No my Spike,’ she said, ‘The pixies tell me this one is family.’”


“I woke up the next night hungerin’ somethin’ awful. As I pushed through the shallow grave I was lyin’ in, I found the woman and man were there waiting for me. With a knowing smile, the man, Spike, led my face to the lady’s throat where I tore in and drank like a woman starved. When I had taken enough, they set to trainin’ me to be like them. For ten years we danced across the Appalachians, killin’ and causin’ trouble."


“As we traveled, I became resigned to the fact that my new mother was insane. I decided to part company with them, as I had no interest in visiting Eastern Europe, thinkin’ it more important to find a cure for her. Even something so small as to give her some sort of peace ya know?”


As Buffy sat stunned, eyes watering slightly, Spike nodded thoughtfully. “So you finally found it,” he said.


“Now you know why I’m in Sunnydale Spike,” Ellie replied. “The ritual requires the blood of the Sire and the blood of the Slayer.”


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you again for reading, and please leave a review if you have time, I really appreciate hearing from you all :)