[Reviews - 63] LikedPrinter
Summary: Sequel to Even Demons Need Friends. (ETA - now posted on TSR, and/or available at http://spuffystuff.org/evendemons.htm )Twisted version of season 5 in which Spike hasn't been around for quite a while and is unchipped. See AN for complete explanation of the situation left at the end of EDNF.
Rated: NC-17
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes
Word count: 40516 Read: 27799
Published: 12/09/2012 Updated: 01/04/2013

1. Prologue and Chapter 1 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 5] Liked (1957 words)
One of this Round's Seasonal Spuffy entries. This one is a multi-chapter wip. All you need to know is that this is a non-canon Season 5 in which Glory is there searching for her Key, Joyce is sick, Spike is unchipped and living in another city. At the end of the previous story, he’d asked Buffy to call him if she needed help.
They don’t have a relationship yet; they weren’t even much more than canon Season Four semi-enemies, with an unrecognized and unacknowledged sexual attraction, when Ethan’s spell to turn Giles into a Fyral demon wrought some important changes in a very short period of time. But not changes sufficient to make it likely that a slayer, with a human boyfriend and a firm belief in what’s right and acceptable, and an old vampire, who has just regained his ability to hunt and feed, are likely to see any kind of a future for them. In spite of some surprising revelations about how they may feel about each other.
You can assume that the rest of Season Four and some of Season Five have proceeded pretty much as in canon, but without Spike’s presence. That absence, and the reason for it, has changed things enough that I think it’s fair to call this an AU Season Five. Some things will be familiar, some things obviously will not, so don’t go looking for an identical timeline or identical events.

2. Chapter 2 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 2] Liked (1623 words)

3. Chapter 3 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 4] Liked (2773 words)

4. Chapter 4 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 4] Liked (2684 words)

5. Chapter 5 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 4] Liked (3669 words)

6. Chapter 6 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 3] Liked (2999 words)
Just so you know, Glory's spell is kind of a non-starter in this AU version of that season. Buffy has seen Ben start to change (although not realizing that's what he was doing) and knows via the council that Glory hides in a human host. She did the math, so even though she she hasn't seen him change into Glory, she knows there's a connection and suspects what it is.

7. Chapter 7 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 4] Liked (3166 words)
Getting closer to posting in real time. Once I get to Chapter 10, updates will come as they are ready rather than every day.

8. Chapter 8 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 3] Liked (2348 words)

9. Chapter 9 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 5] Liked (2331 words)

10. Chapter 10 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 5] Liked (3194 words)

11. Chapter 11 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 4] Liked (2351 words)
This is the last completed chapter. With the holidays upon us, and the next chapter needing beta oversight, don't expect another update for a while. Maybe before the new year - maybe not.

12. Chapter 12 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 5] Liked (3172 words)
Jumped from R to NC17. Damn those over-sexed people with superpowers!

13. Chapter 13 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 5] Liked (2527 words)
Next to last chapter!

14. Chapter 14 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 4] Liked (2832 words)
I lied. This is not the last chapter. It was getting too long. So one more after this.

15. Chapter 15 by Slaymesoftly [Reviews - 5] Liked (2890 words)
And we're done! I know it could have ended at the last chapter, but it seemed like there might be loose ends to wrap up, so....