Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's chapter three for you! I hope you enjoy it! I am hoping that I will get to keep this chapter a day thing going....so far so good! :D
Walking into his living room, Giles was startled to see Whistler sitting on his couch. Gasping and clasping his chest, “Good God man! You must stop doing that! You’re going to give me a heart attack one of these days.”

Smirking, “It’s just too easy to scare you, old man. You should work on that. You live on the hellmouth; you would have figured that you would have gotten over that by now.”

“Nevertheless, what are you doing here?”

Standing, “I’ve come to bring you your replacement. She has agreed to transfer to this universe. She’s coming tonight. Gather your buds and whatnot. You’ll meet her at the park at midnight.”

And with that he was gone.

______________________________


Buffy turned at the sound of the door, “Whistler.”

“Hello, dear. I’ve just come from the other universe. I told them we would all meet at the park at midnight,” grinning to her he opened her refrigerator and started digging through her fruits.

“And they agreed? Just like that?”

After biting into a pear, “Well, I didn’t exactly stick around for that part of the conversation. I just said what I needed to say then got out of there. No sense in leaving time for him to just ruin it all. They will find out things all in good time. That I’ll leave up to you.”

Cocking her head to the side, “What do you mean they’ll learn? Learn what?”

“Well, sweet pea, it’s up to you whether or not you want them to know about you. It’s all at your discretion if you want them to know about your life here, about what you’ve lived through, about who you are. I’ve told them nothing of that.”

“Not that I’m complaining, but why haven’t you? I thought that would have been the first thing they would have wanted to know?” Buffy sat down at the kitchen table, staring at Whistler as he continued to eat fruit after fruit from her refrigerator.

“It wasn’t my place. This is your life. I have no business making the decisions for you. I told you we would play this by your book. That includes not butting in where I’m not suppose to. I know my limits,” after seeing her surprised look he continued, “Well I mean, I know them. Some times I may not follow them because they are just too constricting, but you know, hey! I do good some times!”
Smiling and shaking her head at him, “You’re right. You do fine some times. Other times, I’m not so sure you know what those boundaries are as so much as you pretend that you have some type of idea where they are drawn.”

Stopping mid-bite, “I take offence to that.”

“Shocker there. So, what time is it there?”

“It’s almost midnight. Are you ready?”

Sighing and taking a look around her apartment, she took in every moment that she had ever spent there. Remembering all the things that she could about how her life was here. There would never be a chance to see it and live it again. She would have a new life, one she could be happy in. Giving a sad smile to the room, she turned back to him, “Yeah, I’m good to go.”

______________________________


“They aren’t gonna show. This was all some plot by the Powers that Be to get back at us for some thing. To mess with us, to show us who the boss is. I know it. They aren’t gonna show,” Xander walked a circle around the whole group as Willow, Tara, Giles, and Anya watched in amusement.

They all knew how he was. He was impatient and irrational. While, Whistler was running a bit close to the clock, there was no need to think that they wouldn’t show. And as if on cue, a bright puff of smoke surrounded them. Almost as quickly as it had arrived, the smoke settled and they could clearly see Whistler and Buffy staring at them.

Giles was the first to speak of them all, “My God. You resemble her exactly, only you look a bit older. This is uncanny. I have never seen anything like this before. Do you know who we are?”

Buffy smiled in amusement, “Well, I mean, I’m a different Buffy, but that doesn’t mean I’m stupid or I’ve lost my memory, Giles. Of course I know who you all are. How could I not?”

Willow tried to hold her tears in as Tara comforted her with a gentle rubbing on her back, “I’m sorry I’m getting so emotional. It’s just, really good to see some form of you Buff. I’m just acting crazy right now.”

Buffy smiled at her innocence, “Yeah, but it’s okay. I can understand where you’re coming from. Just so you know that I’m not the same Buffy. I haven’t lived any of this life. Aside from the fact that Whistler told me that we were meeting at the park, I have no idea where this is. I’ve never been here before.”

Tara spoke up intrigued, “Really? You aren’t living in Sunnydale, California in your universe? I didn’t know that they could very so much between dimensions.”

“Of course they can,” Everyone pivoted their heads towards Anya, “What? I’m eleven hundred years old. I’ve been around the block a few times and I’m not just talking about all the men and women I’ve slept with, while that number is very large as well. I know things. No one universe can be exactly like another. If they were then there wouldn’t be a point to having an alternate one now would there?”

While someone was trying to come up with some form of response to her logic, the peroxide blonde that got on every one’s nerves crashed their meeting. Xander jumped forward, “Spike! What are you doing here?”

Annoyed by the whelp’s stupid question, “What does it bloody well look like I’m doing out here? I’m patrolling you nit. My question is, why are you lot having yourself a little pow wow in the middle of the night at the bloody park of all places? Don’t you think the Bronze would be a better place for this kind of shenanigans?”

When Spike’s eyes landed on Buffy’s he could tell instantly something was different. He smelled magic all around the group, and the fact that the Powers’ little troll of an errand boy was standing directing next to the slayer certainly made things feel wrong, “Buffy?”

Smiling, she raised a hand to waive at him, “Hi.”

Shaking his head before clearing his throat, he thought he must be imagining things, “Right, well, you want to go patrol, slayer? Work off some tension that is obviously thick in this area right now?”

Shrugging her shoulders, she looked from Spike to Whistler and back again, “Sure, don’t see why not. But first can I ask you some thing?”

Tilting his head to the side, “Sure. I suppose so. What’s got your mind a ticking?”

“Just something small I guess, but, who are you?”


Chapter End Notes:
So? What are we thinking?