Author's Chapter Notes:
First, I want to say thank you to everyone who has been reading and a great big thank you to everyone that has been reviewing. My muse has thrived on it, allowing me to make these chapter-a-day posts. I am so glad that you all have enjoyed reading this and that makes me enjoy writing each and every chapter. So thank you!

Second, I want to apologize to everyone who has been confused by the characters in this story. I should have made it a point to explain to you all that these characters are AU. Majority of them will act different, or close to the end of the season. The reason they act like this is because I always interpreted that tis was how they acted (or wanted to act) all along, but as they got closer to the end they felt freer to show this side of them.

And last but not least, Buffy. Buffy is going to be completely AU. She is, of course, from an Alternate Universe. She is going to feel different, act different, say things different, etc. She is completely a new person.

I’m sorry that some of you have been confused. I should have made this very plain from the beginning. If there are any more questions or confusing things please don’t hesitate to send me a message or to leave a comment and I would be more than happy to try and explain it to you.

Now for the good part, here’s chapter 6! I hope you enjoy it! Let me know how we’re doing! Thanks! -S
She was actually having fun. Buffy leaned against the wall outside of Giles’ apartment complex. She was surprised. When she had decided to come to this universe, she thought things would still be the same. Even though Whistler had explained that she would have people here who would be used to having Buffy as a friend, she was still blindsided by this man in front of her.

She knew what she was feeling and it was an odd feeling to her. She had had friends before. Once upon a time. It had been a long time since she had enjoyed the company of another person. It was nice to not be cut off from the world. However, she knew that she couldn’t get too used to it. That was a mistake she had made once before, but not again.

Buffy was pulled out of her thoughts as Spike snapped his fingers continuously in front of her face, “What? What’d I miss?”

Letting out a chuckle, “I was just about to ask the same thing. You looked like you were having quite the conversation running through your mind. You having a hard time adjusting to being in a whole new world?”

Taking a deep breath, she held it for a bit, trying to figure out a way to answer. Letting it out, she looked him in the eyes, “It’s just a big change. My life has never been easy. Ever since I was a kid I’ve never had Lady Luck on my side. So for Whistler to tell me that I can come to this universe and have a life, that I can come here and have the life that I never had there, I’m skeptical. I wonder when the other shoe is going to drop. I don’t want to get too comfortable here just in case everything goes wrong.”

Spike had been looking at her throughout her entire speech. Now he was outright staring and slowly tilting his head to the right. Buffy began to feel uneasy. He had been staring for quite a long time, “Spike? What’s wrong? You’ve been doing this staring thing for quite a while now.”

Scrunching his eyebrows together, “What are you?”

Looking confused, Buffy shrugged her shoulders, “What do you mean?”

“You’re human, yeah? Not a demon or anything like that?”

Buffy was now looking at him like he was a complete lunatic, “As far as I know I’m human. I haven’t been told otherwise. Why? What’s going on?”

Turning around, Spike ran his hand over his hair, “Well, I’m just trying to wrap my head around this,” stopping, he turned around to face her once again, “So, if you’re human, then why don’t you have a heartbeat?”

______________________________


Willow and Tara made their way towards Giles’ house. Neither had spoken a word throughout the walk. Willow was still trying to process all of the information and events that had transpired within the last three days. She couldn’t believe that she, or she in any universe could have the power to bring someone back to life. To her, it was simply a crazy notion.

And then there was the fact that her best friend was gone. Her best friend that she had had since high school was now in a different universe and she would never come back. She was gone forever and she never got the chance to say goodbye. And even though she knew she was alive and in another universe, she couldn’t help but feel saddened by the loss.

Now there was this new Buffy that was completely different. She wasn’t used to this new Buffy yet and she wasn’t sure if she ever would be. Every time she looked at her she would still see her best friend, the one she’d lost. However, this new Buffy seemed to be a good type of different. She knew there were things about Buffy that she didn’t know. She knew that things weren’t going to be easy, especially not for this Buffy, she just hoped that things would fall together soon.

The only problem that she saw was Giles and Xander. They both seemed like they wanted to control her. They seemed like they wanted to make her the Buffy that they didn’t think theirs was. Even though she knew that those two men were sure to be a speed bump in the road, she also knew that she would be there for Buffy. And she would make sure that Tara and Anya were on her side.

Willow was broken out of her thoughts when Tara squeezed her hand, “You alright?”

Smiling to her girlfriend, Willow took her hand from Tara’s and wrapped it around her shoulders, “Yeah, just doing some thinking, but nothing to worry about. Let’s get to Giles’, okay?”


Chapter End Notes:
So? What do we think? :D