Author's Chapter Notes:
The Song in this chapter is from Sailor Moon and is sung by Jennifer Love Hewitt.
CHAPTER 2
As Buffy arrived home she found a note on the fridge explaining that her parents had to go out of town for the weekend and that they would be back home on Sunday night. She noticed money pinned to the fridge by a magnet and it was then she decided to call her best friend Willow and she is she wanted to go to the underage club called Caritas. She felt like letting her hang down and dancing the night away. Most of the popular kids headed for The Bronze, the other club run on the outside of town, so she didn't like going there.

She picked up the phone and dialed the number from memory

"Hello"

"Hello Miss Rosenberg is Willow home yet?"

"Yes Buffy here she is"

"Hey Buffy what's up?"

"Do ya want to come over tonight and maybe we could go to Caritas and have a little fun in our otherwise boring lives?"

"Sure let me ask my mum" silence filled the phone for a couple of minutes before Willow returned

"She said alright and that she will drop me off soon!"

"Cool see ya then" they both hung up and Buffy hurried up stairs to find something suitable for her night of frivolous activity with her best mate.

Meanwhile across town Spike was laying on his bed staring at his ceiling. He was bored and didn't know how to entertain himself so he let his thoughts take hold of his imagination and soon he was asleep.

Once again there she was in his dreams the mysterious girl who kept calling for him to help her. He never saw her face but she knew she had the most beautiful green eyes he had ever seen. She beckoned him to her side then the dream took a turn for the worst she was taken away by a dark force and she screamed.

Spike awoke with a start 'what the hell was that' he thought gasping for breath. 'Who was the girl and why did I feel like I already knew who she was'. His breathing finally evened out and he calmed a little. He needed to get out of this room.

He changed into some street cloths consisting of all black attire and headed into the night.

Buffy was all ready and waiting on Willow. She had changed and was wearing a tight black leather pants, a red halter top and her black leather jacket, her hair was curled slightly and it fell past her waist, she had applied the makeup heavily today. She didn't feel like being Buffy Summers tonight and she didn't look like it either if she was honest with herself as she stared in the mirror. Excellent!

Willow arrived and was a little frightened at what her usually conservative friend was wearing but decided not to say anything so they made their way to Caritas.

They walked down the street and talked about anything when Buffy brought up what she called the Spike incident.

"Did I tell you I bumped into Spike in the hallway and he apologized to me saying it was his entire fault, I was dumbfounded he has never said anything to me and he said sorry"

"Wow that is unusual usually he lets his friends pick on you without doing anything" Willow replied

"Well it gets better, I dropped a piece of paper and he actually tracked me down on my way home from school just to return it to me and when I asked why he said he was mending bridges or something" she explained further

"Well did you hear he dumped that skank Drusilla today?"

"Willow!" Buffy exclaimed not used to hearing shy Willow insult someone "and yes I saw her run out of the library after I did" she sniggered to herself 'so that's what that was about'

They arrived at Caritas and paid the cover charge and found a table.

"Do you want a drink?" Buffy asked Willow as she took her seat.

"Coke please" she responded and Buffy headed for the bar.

"Hey sweet cakes what can I get for you" Lorne the owner asked

"2 cokes please Lorne"

"I'm sorry do I know you muffin?" Lorne asked confused
not sure who the blonde haired beauty was in front of him

"Lorne it's me, Buffy!" she laughed

"Holy heck Buffy you don't look like you tonight!"

"Just the look I was going for" she smiled and took the glasses from him and returned to Willow.

After about an hour later and a few dances later Lorne got on the stage and announced it was now karaoke time and that he had someone in mind to sing the first song. The spotlight shone on Buffy and she flat out refused.

"Come on Buffy carpe diem" Willow said and pushed her to the stage.

Buffy took the microphone and spoke into it.

"Hi my name is Elizabeth and this song is called My Only Love" the music started and she started to sing.

Deep in my soul,
a love so strong,
it takes control.

Now we both know.
The secrets bared,
the feelings shown.

Driven far apart,
I make a wish on a shooting star.
There will come a day,
somewhere far away,
in your arms I'll stay,
my only love.

Even though you're gone,
Love will still live on,
the feeling is so strong,
my only love, my only love.

There will come a day,
somewhere far away,
in your arms I'll stay,
my only love.

You've reached the deepest part
of the secret in my heart,
I've known it from the start,
My only love, my only love.

As Spike entered into the club he heard someone singing a love song and he had to admit she was good. She finished and spoke into the microphone

"Thank you"

The audience went little nuts and applauded her for a long time. 'Yep she had been really good' Spike could tell.

After a few more people trying to sing the dance music started up again and he watched as couples went and danced on the floor. All of a sudden a blonde caught his attention. She was stunning. Summoning up all his courage he approached her.

"Hey love, want to dance?"

Buffy was stunned, Spike Shields had just asked her to dance

"Why me?" she asked "I'm sure there a million girls who would want to dance with you!"

"Probably, but they don't take my breath away like you do" he whispered in her ear

"Cut the bullshit" she snapped

"Ok, but I was telling the truth, you are absolutely stunning. What's your name pet?"

"Are you kidding me?" she was really confused this time.

Could it be that Spike didn't recognize her, just like Lorne hadn’t?

"I really want to know what to call you sweet heart" he was oddly amused

"Its Elizabeth" she told him hoping he couldn't tell she was lying.

She didn't know why she told him her real name but she had and now it was too late to take it back. He took her hand and led her to the dance floor.

Buffy loved to dance and when she had been younger she had took lessons but had stopped when it wasn't cool anymore. As she stepped on to the dance floor and deep thumping version of the salsa started.

Other dancers parted letting them have some room of their own. Spike spun her once and her hand joined his. His other hand went to her waist and pulled her next to his body tightly. She could feel all the muscles underneath his cloths all waiting to be released. He was like a panther ready to pounce. They let their bodies sway to the music; he dipped her, supporting all her weight in his arms.

The smile on her face lit up the entire room, Spike however, was obsessed with her eyes they were green with flecks of silver in them when the light touched them.

He spun her again and lifted her into the air. The room was charged with energy. The music slowed for a bit and so the paced slowed letting the couples catch their breath and get closer with each other.

Buffy had her head pressed against Spikes chest and she could hear his heart beating really quickly. Then with the thumping of the drum the pace once again quickened. Their bodies moved in time with the music. His hands were travelling all over her body finally resting on her bum. She grabbed his hands and removed them, he smirked as she did. So she laughed. 'Typical boy' she thought

The song finished and everyone applauded everyone else and their partners. As they left the dance floor Spike had his hand on the small of her back and it felt nice. They headed to the bar and Lorne gave her a bottle of water.

"That was fun" she said and smiled. She looked over to the table and Willow was tapping her watch signally it was time to go.

"I'm sorry I have to go" she said facing Spike

"Let me drive you home pet"

"No thanks I'll be fine" she kissed him on the cheek and left in a hurry.

"WAIT" Spike yelled running after her but she was already gone.

"DAMN IT" he yelled and kicked a trash can and headed back inside.