Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the spacing issues hopefully I have fixed that.
Thank you to all who have reviewed this story so far!
CHAPTER 3
On Monday at school Buffy did her best to avoid Spike at all costs. She didn't stay at her locker to long and whenever she saw the flash of peroxide hair she turned around and walked in the other direction.

There were 2 reasons for her doing this 1. She didn't want to be recognized as Elizabeth and 2. He had stirred feelings in her she wasn't prepared to admit to yet.

Things were going great further along in the day, Spike was yet to be seen then she looked at her next class.
Maths, the only subject she had with him. She quickly took her seat near the back of the room and proceeded to bury herself in the text book.

Spike had been looking for Buffy all morning, but she was nowhere to be seen. He had asked her best friend Willow if she was here and she had confirmed that indeed she was. So he bided his time till math’s class and waited to see her there. As he entered the class room his eyes scanned and found her in the back with her nose in the text book.

"Hey love can I share your text book I forgot mine" he smiled

She looked up over her text book "Sure "she replied

Spike now remembered why he never bought a text book to school. It was the perfect opportunity to get closer to this spectacular girl. Then images of the golden goddess at the club came to him and he drifted off into a dream like state.

"William Shields" the teacher asked taking the class attendance. Buffy glanced at him and he had a sort of small smile on his face. She nudged him

"Here" he said and raised his hand

"Thank you for joining us Mr. Shields!" the teaching exclaimed.

"Buffy Summers"

"Present" Buffy raised her hand

Spike moved his table closer to Buffy's so he could read the text book as the teacher began with the lesson. About 15 minutes into the lesson, Drusilla would not stop glaring Buffy, and it was making her nervous.

"Don't pay any attention to her she is just jealous because I am paying attention to someone else"

"If you’re using me to make her jealous don't bother, I don't want to be caught in your screwed up relationship" she stated firmly

"Don't think about it. Really if I wanted to make her really jealous I would be throwing myself at you. Besides I really don't like you that way. I just want us to be friends. I think I like someone else anyway"

"That's nice. Why are you opening up to me like this anyway?"

"Well I have never had a really good friend to talk to and you seem nice so why not?" he explained

"This girl you like does she go to this school" Buffy enquired

"Don't really know pet, I met her at a club but she left me without telling me anything but her name" he sighed

"So what's her name?"

"Elizabeth" he replied and let out a little sigh.

Buffy had to stop herself from laughing. He was talking about her to her. 'Apparently I made a really good impression on him' she giggled mentally

"So will you be seeing her again" she asked acting generally interested

"Don't know! I don't have a number or an address" he looked disappointed.

Every time he thought about her his blood boiled in anticipation but he was also deflated at the same time. All he knew was her name and nothing else. He would probably never see her again.

They both continued to talk a little about their lives and were getting into a fair amount of trouble cause of it.

"Miss Summers, Mr. Shields please see me after class" the teacher roused.

They just laughed harder. Drusilla turned around and continued to glare at them and it wasn't till Buffy actually waved at her did she finally leave them alone.

Class ended and they said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. It was nice to have a new friend and Spike seemed generally interested in her life story and even though she had only really spoken to him once she was quite fond of him already.

She got to her locker to get her next books when the door swung closed and trapped her hand in it.

"ahhhhhhh!!!!" Buffy screamed holding her hand as the blood streamed from it.

"Stay away from Spike he's mine!" Drusilla yelled "or there will be more from where that came from. Don't mess with me Betty"

"Its Buffy and I think Spike has made it abundantly clear that he’s not yours anymore you two bit ho" Buffy said as calmly as she could

"Why you little bitch! How dare you speak to me like that? Do you know who I am?" Drusilla was getting madder by the minute

Buffy was enjoying her self.

"Yes I know who you are!! You're Superman in disguise! I knew it, can I have your autograph" Buffy smirked as she saw Drusilla go from being angry to pissed in 5 seconds.

It probably wasn't a good thing to provoke her but hell Buffy had dealt with these people most of her life she wasn't going to take anymore crap from any one. Buffy decided it was time to do something about it, with her uninjured arm she swung and smacked Drusilla right in the mouth. Unfortunately Principal Wood saw it and yelled at her to meet him in his office.

After all the commotion and visiting the nurse Buffy was then suspended for four days due to the injury Drusilla had suffered. Buffy thought of it as an extremely long weekend. That and she had some time for her hand to heal. Nothing was broken but the shade of green was real extraordinary.

Willow had called her that night asking her how she was and responded "I'm just taking some Tylenol then I am going to bed" they said goodnight and hung up.

It had been the longest four days ever, she had completed all the set work for her within the first two days and after that she had nothing to do. Her parents had forbidden her to watch television or have any fun. She was grounded but she had decided she needed to go to the club tonight and see Lorne and ask for his advice on the whole Spike situation.

She knew that lying to him about her name was wrong but she wanted him to see her as herself and not a nerd from school. She knew she was being selfish when she gave her inherited name but she was under pressure and that's the only name that came to mind.

After her parents got home they called her into the living room and handed her a letter stating it was from her real mother. Buffy took the letter and ran upstairs to read it. The only contact she had with her biological mother was through Rupert Giles and that was when she had turned 16.

She read the letter aloud.

Dearest Elizabeth,

I know you won't remember me or you might not even want me in your life but the time has come my daughter for you to ascend the throne of Moreton.

As Rupert has already told you I am dying and I never had any more children apart from you. I was young and naïve when I first fell in love with a servant boy here at the palace.

When my mother realized what I had done she had me adopt you out and she sent the boy away. Ever since my mother passed on I have been searching for you. My real name is Isabella and I have been running this country for the past 14 years.

I know that it is a lot of responsibility to place on your shoulders at such a young age but Rupert tells me you are a feisty young woman who shows a regal command.

I am going to tell you about how you were born and the adoption agency we sent you to.

You were born in a palace by the sea on the 14th October 1983 and your father’s name was Marcus. He worked in the kitchen and was only a year older than myself. If I was allowed I would have married him but with me being a princess and heir to the Moreton throne it was strictly forbidden.

You came into this world screaming and didn't quiet down until someone let me hold you. Your green eyes looked into mine and I got the feeling you had been in this world before. I think you were trying to tell me you would be alright and that I shouldn't worry.

You were given to an adoption agency in Los Angeles. My mother didn't want me to have any distractions. She knew I would wonder what kind of home you would have been given and she didn't want me to see any child in Moreton and think to myself was that little girl mine.

I am sorry for all the hurt you must be feeling now and I would very much like to hear about your life up until now. I want to hear about your hopes and dreams and even if there is someone special. I'd like to hear about the people who adopted you and if they have been good to you.

Please write and tell me everything because I have missed
you so much.

Elizabeth I must ask you this that at the time of your graduation and after the end of high school you need to come and be here with me, so I can show you what you need to do as the next Queen of Moreton.

Love always and forever

Your mother

Buffy was crying slightly knowing she only had four months left before she must leave and knowing that if things had gone differently her life would have been completely different as well. Buffy wandered back down the stairs to see her parents sitting in the living room still.

"Mum, Dad I really need to get out of this house. I need to clear my head and I need to think as well. She is giving me till the end of high school before I have to leave to be with her. I know you don't like it but this is my destiny". She explained

"You were always meant for great things Buffy" her father said and hugged her

"Ok you can go out but be back by 1" her mother smiled
Buffy rushed upstairs to get changed and by nine o'clock she was out the door.