Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you everyone who reviewed, here's the next chapter, I hope you like it!
The next day began like any other. I woke up with a dry mouth and a pounding head, trying to block out overly perky roommate Cordelia singing along to Mariah Carey at the top of her lungs and sounding like a wailing cat. I dragged myself out of bed, and told myself for what seemed like the millionth time that there had to be somewhere else I could live other than this.

But my wages from performing weren't much, and I was scared to answer any newspaper adverts asking for roommates in case they were written by psychos. So, life continued as normal for the next couple of days. Song writing during the day, with Cordelia as watchdog, and spending my evenings with Angel.

Then came the morning where I woke up alone to Cordelia shrieking, only it wasn't along to any song. Her vocal acrobatics were joined by another set, lower, ones I recognised. Shocked, I got up and crept into the hallway. Cordelia's door was ajar, so I peeked in to see the back of a familiar form with her in her bed. I felt anger and relief, but was too confused to move from the spot where I was standing.

Suddenly noticing me over his shoulder, Cordelia screamed "Buffy!", and the figure stopped and turned to face me. He had the audacity to smirk. He had controlled me for so long, months of almost forced devotion, and without warning, this! Cordelia looked on, waiting for the outburst to occur.

She didn't have to wait long, the dams of my self-control shattered, and suddenly everything was made perfectly clear. "You son of a bitch!" I screamed, "You used and controlled me, when you knew all I wanted was someone beside me!"

Angel just stood there, staring at me, with that amused smirk still plastered on his face. It was time to get away from this malicious bastard once and for all. I ran back into my room, collected what little clothes and possessions I had and shoved them into my old battered suitcase. My fingers trembled as I tried to zip it up, but I managed it eventually.

As I headed towards the bedroom door, I turned to face the room that now showed no trace of me ever living there. It had never felt like home. I took one final glance round the apartment, and then it was out the front door and into the unknown.

I proceeded to walk to the library while I tried to figure out my next course of action. A sense of freedom washed over me and the Californian sun beamed down on my face as I wandered through Sunnydale.

Soon, the shadow of Sunnydale library loomed over me, I pushed open the door, and went in. My eyes adjusted to the change in light, and the reception desk and rows of books came into focus. I navigated myself through the shelves straight to what I had deemed 'my corner' ever since Mum had brought me here as a kid, only to find a girl of about my age with long red hair, curled up into, sobbing heavily into her hands.

"Are you okay?" I enquired, feeling immediately stupid afterwards as it was obvious she wasn't, "Is there anything I can do to help?" She looked up at me with a mascara lined face and tears brimming from her eyes. She sniffed.

"Well, not unless you can go back in time and stop my boyfriend," she paused, "No, ex-boyfriend from cheating on me".

I almost laughed at the similarity of our situations. "If I could do that, I wouldn't even be here," I admitted as I slumped down beside her, "I found my boyfriend in bed with my roommate this morning!"

"Men suck!" she declared, in an almost inaudible whisper. "Yeah," I agreed, "I'm starting to think lesbians have the right idea!"

She gave a small choked giggle. "I'm Buffy, I would say pleased to meet you, but neither of our circumstances are great" I extended my hand out for a handshake. She shook it, and quietly replied "I'm Willow"

"Willow?" I asked, "What an unusual name!" Willow smiled and threw back "Coming from the girl called Buffy?" "Touché, you're obviously feeling better," I replied.

"A little," she responded, "It actually makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only person going through this."

I got what she meant. It was a situation you couldn't understand unless you were going through it, and, by sheer coincidence, we had each found someone else who was. Meeting Willow that day was nothing short of a miracle. Thanks to her, I didn't sleep on the street that night. It turned out than she had owned the apartment where she and her ex-boyfriend Oz had been living until she had kicked him out after finding him with Veruca, the singer in Oz's band.

When he had left, he had removed all his band gear from the second bedroom, leaving it free for its initial purpose. After talking all morning in the library, Willow and I went for coffee in the Espresso Pump, I moved in that afternoon, assuring Willow I would pay rent and the best thing was I wasn't alone. Another stranger's kindness and empathy had prevented me from sleeping on the streets, only Willow didn't seem the psycho bitch type.

Our first night as scorned women was spent eating Ben n Jerry's while watching Sliding Doors. We both swooned over the British accents. As the movie came to a close, we made a pact to take a one month hiatus from love. But as I drifted asleep later that night, piercing blue eyes haunted me once again.


Chapter End Notes:
Hoping to post the next chapter tomorrow, see you then guys!