Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter for you all, please enjoy! We're back with Spike...Chapter title is Fall Out Boy's, Buffyverse is Joss's
I awoke from a deep sleep to my alarm screeching at me to get up for work. Pleasantly surprised at my lack of insomnia the night before, I opened my eyes and sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes as my room slowly came into focus. As I turned off my alarm, the previous night's events came back to me, from the talking and dancing with Buffy to walking her home, and couldn't help grinning.

Invigorated by my good mood, I immediately stripped out of the black jeans and t shirt I had collapsed in last night, and sauntered to the bathroom. I braced myself against the sink, and looked into the mirror, barely recognising the healthy looking guy staring back at me.

I turned and got into the shower, switching it on and relishing the feel of the hot water running over me. When the hot water ran cold, I got out and wrapped myself in a towel, taking another to dry my soaking hair. I shuffled to my wardrobe, which was separated into two sections, one containing clothes from after the makeover, the other for the clothes I'd worn before it that I needed for work.

I perused the second section, eventually pulling out a charcoal suit and royal blue shirt. I located a black tie, socks and my shoes, and pulled the outfit on, transforming myself back into William, well, as close as I could get with my bleach blonde hair, which I gave a quick comb. I glanced in the mirror on my bedroom wall to check I was presentable, then picked up my work bag, and headed out of the door into the bright morning.

As I locked it behind me, I took a deep breath of street air into my lungs, and exhaled slowly, the smell of car fumes removing the remaining sleep from my system. For once, I had extra time before I had to open up the shop, so I decided to treat myself to a cup of tea.

I briskly walked to Starbucks and joined the seemingly never ending queue to the counter. As I waited, my mind drifted to Buffy and her reaction to meeting me the night before. She had been more observant than I gave her credit for, I was so sure she hadn't noticed me in the audience.

My mind replayed the conversations we had ended up having , like the one sparked by our mutual love of asparagus, and smirked as the memories washed over me.

The Night Before

Buffy took a sip of her drink. "I really like my asparagus grilled, I find it keeps all of the flavour in it"

I chuckled. "You know, in certain literature, asparagus is described as being an aphrodisiac"

She looked at me with a coy smile. "Well, I think I'd like to test that theory," Buffy giggled "What have you been reading to discover that?"

I smiled. "Why, do you not believe me?"

She shook her head. "I'm still struggling to work you out. You have the bad boy look going on, but then you reference books. You're like a paradox"

"Well, you're one to talk, kitten. You look all sweet and innocent," I gestured to her peasant blouse and jeans, "But when you sing and argue, you have an incredible fire and passion. You're quite the little hellcat."

She shook her head. "More of a heffalump according to Angel!" Her demeanour changed instantly, as she looked down at her fidgeting hands.

I sighed. "Angel's a bloody idiot, nothing that wanker said is of any importance".

She looked back up at me "To you, maybe….

The Morning After - Starbucks

The barista in front of me clicked her fingers in front of my face in an attempt to get my attention. I had gotten so engrossed thinking about the previous night's events, I hadn't realised I'd reached the counter. I hastily ordered an Earl Grey, and fidgeted while I waited for it to arrive.

After receiving it, I rapidly exited out on to the busy street and headed towards the bookstore where I worked. As I turned the next street corner, I collided with what first appeared to be a mass of blowing blonde hair on a female torso, spilling my tea all down her vest top.

"Holy frick!" my unintentional victim screamed, desperately trying to pull the scalding top away from her skin. I immediately recognised her voice. Out of all the people in the city, and I accidentally pour tea down her.

"Buffy?" I asked. She ceased fiddling with her top to clear her hair out of her face, eventually focusing on me and my attire.

"Spike?" She looked confused. "You're wearing a suit?"

I gave her my patented smirk. "Just my work clothes, luv. Anyway, shouldn't you be more worried about the fact I just showered you in scalding liquid?"

She just stared at me for a second, before she came to her senses. "What? Oh, right, yeah, really kinda burns."

I thought about it for a second, and came to a solution. I shrugged. "My place is closer than yours, you can clean up there if you like?"

I expected her to refuse my offer, and just head home. However, she surprised me. "Sounds like a good idea." she blushed.

I smiled. "Okay, well I've just got to make a quick phone call on the way, but it's this way." I pointed in the direction she had been walking in.

As I began navigating through the familiar streets with Buffy in tow, I pulled my mobile out of my suit jacket, hit speed dial 3 and raised the phone to my ear. After a couple of rings, it was picked up. "Will?" a sleepy female voice asked, "What's going on?"

"Hi Anya, sorry to call like this, but I really need you to open up the shop for me. Something's come up, and I'll be in a little late."

I heard her sigh. "Fine," she said grumpily, "But there better be a good reason for this, and you owe me one for taking me away from Xander so early."

I rolled my eyes. "There is a good reason, and I know. Anyway, I gotta go. See you soon." I hung up and returned the phone to my jacket.

Buffy looked up at me questioningly. "Who's Anya?" she inquired. I took her hand and continued to direct us towards my apartment.

"She co-owns my bookshop with me. She's got a better business brain, and I've got the passion for books, so it works out quite nicely."

Buffy couldn't contain her giggling. After forcing herself to take a few deep breaths, she responded. "You, Spike, supposed bad boy, own a book shop!" She appeared thoughtful for a moment. "Some of the stuff you said last night makes so much more sense now."

"In my defence, I did tell you what I was like before Dru met me...I just never said I was still that guy during daylight.". Her eyes lit up as she continued smiling at me.

"So, seeing as you've ruined one of my favourite tops, can I get a guided tour of your bookshop?"

"If you haven't got other plans, I'll take you round after we get you cleaned up." We arrived at my door. "Well, this is home." I unlocked the door and ushered Buffy inside.


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it, next chapter up soon!