Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, in honour of the very gratifying number of reads over the last 24 hours, I'm posting another chappie. (Shines halo while failing to mention was behind schedule anyway). This is a spoonful of sweetness after the horrors of Chapter 11 - don't forget to read that one first if you've just popped in after a few days away.
‘And thus they sang their mysterious duo, sang of their nameless hope,
their death-in-love, their union unending,
lost forever in the embrace of night's magic kingdom.
O sweet night, everlasting night of love!
Land of blessedness whose frontiers are infinite!’

Thomas Mann



The rich, heady scent of wisteria perfumed the late afternoon air. Pendulous clusters of the purple and pale lavender flowers trailed delicately over the trellised walls of Ashdown’s Summer House, embellishing the pretty little building with their magnificent charms. Buffy sighed happily and took a deep breath, inhaling the heavenly fragrance as she and Spike sat waiting patiently in the warm sun.



The carefully tended lawns in front of the Summer House were decked out in rows of garden chairs, lined up to face the small landing at the top of a short run of steps. Over the last two weeks this area had accommodated the quiet sounds and gentle sequences of t’ai chi chu’an training, as up to three dozen girls at a time carried out the slow, repetitive movements of the solo art form. The Chinese slayer, Mai, and her Watcher Heng, were experienced proponents of the wushu, and Spike and Buffy had quickly enlisted their expertize in order to instruct the other girls.



Mai and Heng had run two sessions a day to begin with, but had doubled up over the last week following the arrival of another batch of newbies. With their slayer strength and physical prowess fully activated, the girls seemed to be picking up on the sequences quickly and capably, almost intuitively utilizing their natural balance and coordination to commit the routines to memory. The first group was already competent enough to add partner or ‘pushing hands’ exercises into their training.



Buffy had joined in as well, the low impact routines ideal as a pregnancy workout. Although she was aware of Angel’s regard for t’ai chi, she’d never really had time to learn the slow sequence of movements, or the philosophy of yin and yang (using softness to defeat hardness) that lay behind it. She thought that the expectation that students should demonstrate virtue or heroism, in order to protect the defenseless and grant mercy to one’s opponents, was an interesting one for slayers to consider. Whatever the case, she was enjoying the workouts.



Today’s gathering however was for an entirely different reason. Time to put play rather ahead of work; time to celebrate the joining of two souls.



“The residents have scrubbed up pretty well haven’t they pet,” Spike observed.



As she eyed the crowd sitting behind and to the left of them, Buffy had to agree. The guests were all done up in their best outfits, the men in suits and ties, the women in gorgeous jewel colored dresses. They sat chatting quietly, lined up either side of the short aisle that led to the landing.



A very attractive and grown up looking Dawn sat on the other side of Spike, then came Faith, who had toned down her usual slut bomb look for something more elegant. Willow, Kennedy and Oz sat directly behind them, the red headed witch striking in her chartreuse dress. She did look pretty awkward though, stuck between her two escorts like a rose between two thorns. Not that Oz was particularly thorny, but as for that Kennedy, she looked pretty prickly all right. Andrew, who rounded out the second row, was wearing a surprisingly dapper evening suit and some sort of hair product. Sprinkled amongst Cat’s family and workmates were most of the surviving Sunnydale Slayers and various Watchers and friends. A small gathering, but all very well turned out.



“Yep, pretty spiffy alright!” Buffy agreed.



“None so delicious as my girl though,” Spike leered, admiring the gorgeous full length, sleeveless turquoise blue dress that she was wearing.



It was the creation of young fashion designer Alice Temperley. She’d picked it out on one of the wedding shop extravaganza days in London. The gold detail around the neckline drew attention to her expanded bust, a good thing as far as Buffy was concerned, while the softly gathered drape of the dress’ empire line hid her still small tummy bump. She did actually feel quite delicious and was pleased that Spike obviously agreed.



The vamp in question was looking outrageously sexy himself. He’d stuck with his traditional color scheme, but had definitely put in some effort and was clad in a slim fit black lounge suit, black silk shirt and tie.



“Well, you look pretty mouthwatering yourself Big Bad. Perhaps I’ll need to reward such sartorial endeavors. Hmmm, maybe after the reception, I could check out the workmanship of such a smart ensemble. I think I’ll need to remove each item carefully, piece by piece and inspect the quality. Sort of quality control I guess. Sound alright to you?”



“Bloody hell,” Spike growled, his pupils fully dilated as he pictured the slow striptease in his head. Damn, he wished he’d worn underwear today, suit pants didn’t provide as much support as his denims usually did. Time to change the subject he reckoned.



“So the Watcher and the Whelp are looking pretty swish,” Spike noted, hoping to distract Buffy from her flirtatious efforts.



It worked! Buffy paused, her eyes following the short set of steps up to the raised landing. Two of the men she loved most in the entire world were standing on that grassy rise, the wisteria draped Summer House a stunning backdrop to the occasion that was about to play out. Giles and Xander both looked extremely gorgeous in their black, long length, mandarin collared tuxedos. The suit jackets were unbuttoned, highlighting the silver grey waistcoats each one wore, Giles’ paired with a pale lilac tie and Xander’s with a deep purple one.



Standing next to them stood Althanea, resplendent in an elegant V-neck silver grey lace and crushed velvet full-length dress, her dark burgundy hair pinned up in a loose chignon at the nape of her neck. Behind her a small wooden table was set out, laden with the many items she would need to carry out her responsibilities as Wiccan priestess. Alongside her stood a handsome older gentleman in a grey suit, some local dignitary who, Buffy guessed, was there to carry out the legal stuff. Encircling all four, a length of flower-strewn rope lay on the ground, outlining the area in which both the sacred and civil ceremonies would take place.



That reminded Buffy of the role that she and Spike would play later in the service. Quickly, she checked beneath her chair, unwilling to bring any attention to the object she had stashed there earlier. A sigh of relief and a slight smile were her only reaction, but Spike picked up on her actions anyway. He leaned over and whispered in her ear, his random and highly inappropriate suggestions about what he’d like to do to her after the ceremony took place sending heat to her cheeks and moisture to her loins. Huh, payback sucked!



The opening notes of a song thankfully interrupted their increasingly amorous byplay. The sound system began to play and several softly strummed guitar chords were immediately followed by Roberta Flack’s haunting voice:



The first time ever I saw your face

I thought the sun rose in your eyes

And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave

To the dark and the endless skies, my love

To the dark and the endless skies




Buffy watched Giles’ face light up with adoration and she and those around her stood and turned around to see Cat walking gracefully across the lawn, walking towards the man she loved.



She looked stunning, her wedding dress molding her slim frame like it had been made just for her. Buffy had joined Rowan and the newly engaged Cat the previous week as they’d taken part in a massive, two day wedding dress hunt. They’d hit the shops in London’s Knightsbridge and Soho, but had ended up at a little store in West Dulwich that featured an up and coming designer by the name of Ian Stuart. Although his dresses were generally custom-fitted, he did stock a range of ready to wear models, including one that Cat had absolutely fallen in love with. It had been a one off gown, based on a standard design but produced in a non standard shade. The customer had ordered it and put down the deposit, but then changed her mind. Oh well, her loss, Cat’s gain.



The eye-catching dress was made out of a beautiful soft lilac taffeta metal, the strapless bodice heavily ruched and drawn up over her left hip to reveal an underlay of beaded French lace. The same lace embellished the neckline, and fabric flowers and bows adorned the hipline. Cat looked spectacular. As she made her way down the aisle, the late afternoon sun highlighted the violet streaks in her glossy hair. The dark tones complemented her magnificent teardrop bouquet: ivory roses, lilac freesias, gorgeous purple lisianthus, thistles and heather to signify her Scottish ancestry, lavender and betony to represent the healer.



The first time ever I kissed your mouth

I felt the earth move in my hand

Like the trembling heart of a captive bird

That was there at my command, my love

That was there at my command, my love




Buffy was stunned, and judging by the gasps of delight, so were the other guests. She leant back against Spike, teary eyed as he wrapped his arms around her waist, the emotion of the moment, the music, the dress, the pure love vibrating through the air getting to the both of them. Giles was likewise overcome and had to quickly dab his eyes with his silk handkerchief as Cat made her way towards him.



And the first time ever I lay with you

I felt your heart so close to mine

And I knew our joy would fill the earth

And last till the end of time, my love

And it would last till the end of time, my love




A half dozen paces behind her walked Rowan. She wore a simple knee-length strapless sheathe in deep purple satin. The ruched bodice echoed the design of Cat’s gown but fell softly to a slim-fitted, draped skirt. She carried a posy of flowers, a match to Cat’s only smaller, with the same lilac freesias, purple lisianthus, thistles, heather and lavender. Her long, dark hair fell in waves around her shoulders. Xander’s gasp of awe confirmed the effect Rowan was aiming for. The McNair girls were a dazzling combination indeed.



Together the two women made their way up the steps towards the small grassy landing that lay before the Summer House. Carefully they stepped over the rope and into the circle, and Giles and Cat exchanged loving glances as they came together and held hands.



The first time ever I saw your face, your face

Your face, your face




As the final notes of the song ended, Althanea stepped forward and spoke, “Welcome, friends and family, as we gather here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Catriona and Rupert. This is a very special occasion, one that has been a very, very long time coming. I know we all share a sense of joy and wonder that these two souls, who were so clearly made for one another, have finally come together in a deeply loving and spiritual way, and have expressed their desire to make their union a binding one.”



There were a few raised eyebrows and smiles among the guests as those who knew the story of Giles and Cat’s many years apart nodded their agreement.



“For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Althanea Goodrich, and although not blood kin, I count both of these two fine people as family. I am a practicing Wiccan, living my life by the principles of the Wiccan Rede, and I’m very privileged to have been asked to officiate the ceremony today. Frank Gardner is the gentleman beside me, a local solicitor, who is authorized to register marriages in the Wealden district. Together we will oversee the proceedings.



I have already cast and blessed the circle in which we are standing. So without further ado, we shall begin the ceremony. Divine Lord and Lady, I ask thee to bless this couple, their love, and their marriage as long as they shall live in love together. May they each enjoy a healthy life filled with joy, love, stability and fertility.”



Althanea and Frank then both moved back behind the altar, and the priestess began the blessing of the elements. She began by lighting an incense burner, the smoke that arose from it carrying the rich scents of rose and patchouli. She turned to her left and spoke in a loud, clear voice. “Blessed be by the element of air. May your union be blessed with the gifts of the East, the winds of communication, and the breath of intellectual growth, and wisdom. “



She moved back behind the altar and lit a red candle, saying, “Blessed be by the element of fire. May your union be blessed with the gifts of the South, the warmth of harmony, the light of vitality and creativity and the heat of passion.”



Next, she lifted up a clear glass bowl, filled with water and shells, and held it up in front of her as she turned to her right and called out the next blessing. “Blessed be by the element of water. May your union be blessed with the gifts of the West, deep pools of friendship, and commitment, and oceans of understanding and love.”



Finally, she picked up a shallow earthenware dish containing an assortment of gemstones, turning so that she faced away from the gathering, and spoke loudly, “Blessed be by the element of earth. May your union be blessed with the gifts of the North, a bedrock of happiness, compassion, stability and sensuality.”



Althanea then moved back in front on the altar, close to where Giles and Cat were standing, hands still linked, and addressing them directly.



“Who comes here today, seeking spiritual and legal union with that one they have chosen over all others?”



“I have,” Cat and Giles responded as one.



“Do you both commit to love, honor, and respect each other, to communicate with one another, to look to your own emotional health so that you can relate in a healthy way, and provide a healthy home for children if you choose to have them; to be a support and comfort for your partner in times of sickness and health, as long as love shall last?”



“We do.”



“In making a commitment to loving one other, you share that which is best in you and give a moment of light to the world. Catriona and Rupert have chosen to write their own vows, and will now recite them as a promise to one another.”



“Cat, I have wandered this wide world for so many years now. A lot of my time has been spent buried amongst musty old books, but I’ve managed to squeeze in my fair share of adventure, face down some very real dangers, and even get knocked out a time or two. But all of this, I’ve done on my own, without a love to call my own. It never really bothered me, or so I thought. I’d built a family for myself and felt content with my lot, a careful, considered man, an intellectual man, a cautious man. But love is a funny thing. Once you acknowledge it, once you let it in, you’re at its mercy, you’re in its thrall and you know it will never let you go. And for that, I give thanks every day for its blessings.



Cat, you have breezed back into my life like a tempest, blowing away all my conceptions about myself, and my life. I find now that I am a passionate man, an affectionate man, a caring man, an impulsive man. You have brought such joy and passion into my life. I want to spend the rest of my days with you by my side, sharing love, life and laughter with one another.



Therefore, I Rupert Anthony Giles, take you, Catriona Rebecca McNair, to be my partner, my friend, my lover and my wife. I promise to love you through good times and bad, through joy and sorrow. I will try to listen to and trust you. I will try to support your decisions. Together we will face all of life's experiences and share one another's dreams and goals. I promise I will be yours always, your man, your mate; and that I will never, ever let you go, for as long as we both draw breath."



Spike blinked. His eyes must have some dust or pollen in them. Who knew the Watcher could be such a romantic. Beside him Buffy was squeezing his hand so tightly he could feel the bones creaking. He knew what she was feeling and thinking. Damn the old bastard and his soppy words, Spike was thinking the same thing. He couldn’t wait for the day that he and Buffy could stand up before kith and kin and pledge their vows to one another. God, he hadn’t even got his girl a ring yet. Had looked plenty, but there were none yet that seemed right. Rupes had shared his tale of ring discovery, wanting some help with the research, and Spike was waiting for something similar to happen. He didn’t know how, but he reckoned he’d just know when he came across the right ring. In the meantime, they had each other, and their little bump of joy, and that was enough for now.



He leaned over and pressed a kiss onto her damp cheek and whispered, “Love you pet, so much. Be us up there one day soon, and we’ll be so sickeningly sweet we’ll have everyone in tears, just you wait and see.”



By now Cat was ready to share her vows. She smiled tremulously through her tears and took a deep breath. “Rupert, unlike ye, I’ve always kent what and who I was missing. I have worked hard and played hard, and made a verra successful and fulfilling life and career for myself. But all the while I’ve ached inside, a hole in my heart that I knew only you could fill, mo gràdh. I thought our chances had passed us by, I couldn’t allow myself to hope that we would ever find one another. But I took a chance and here we are.



In the last two weeks you’ve filled my life with a love so deep and endless that it has filled up all the empty places in my soul. You are the other half of me, my bona fide, real life, one and only soul mate. Therefore, I, Catriona Rebecca McNair, take you, Rupert Anthony Giles to be my one and only and evermore, my husband. I give you my hand, and my heart, and promise to always be by your side as we journey together through all the good and bad, the ordinary and perilous that life can bring. I hope that my love will always be a safe haven for you and keep you sheltered from the storm. I am so in love with you Rupert, truly, madly deeply, and I promise that I always will be, that we will last till the end of time, my love.”



There was open sobbing coming from the audience now, and even Althanea and Frank were surreptitiously wiping their cheeks. Rupert hadn’t bothered waiting for any permission or otherwise from his old friend, but had simply drawn Cat in towards him, hugging her fiercely and murmuring words of love and longing. Finally he took a half step backwards and pressed a kiss to her forehead before bringing his hands up to cup her face, using his thumbs to gently wipe away her tears.



Althanea cleared her throat and Giles took another half step backwards, grabbing Cat’s hands and grinning down at her.



“Thank you Cat, Rupert,” the older woman said. “That was lovely. Your words did a wonderful job of reminding all of us of the power that love has to bring magic and beauty into our lives. Now we come to the blessing of the rings. Xander, if you will.”



Xander stepped forward and placed the two rings he’d been carefully guarding onto the center of a small velvet cushion that Frank was holding out. Althanea held her hands over the rings and intoned the blessing, once more calling on the elements to share their gifts. “The blessings of the wind upon these rings and your love, that you may share wisdom and communication. The blessings of fire upon these rings and your love, that you may share passion and strength. The blessings of water upon these rings and your love, that you may share love and friendship. The blessings of the earth upon these rings and your love, that you may share health and fertility.”



She stepped back and Frank took his turn, reminding everyone the rings were circular, a symbol of eternity, that though our lives are finite, love is everlasting, the creative force that binds us together, the force that gives new life. He then asked Giles to take Cat’s ring and place it on her finger and repeat the vow after him, which Giles did.



“I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. Let it be a reminder that I will always be by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you.”



Then Cat repeated the same ritual before Frank excitedly announced to one and all, “I now declare you husband and wife, blessings upon you both. You may now kiss.”



And kiss they did, wholly and heartedly, and probably for a touch longer than was comfortable for those around them, until Xander saved the day by yelling out “Get a room!” which broke both the kiss and the awkwardness with a wave of amusement.



Everyone shuffled around a little, expecting the ceremony to be more or less over. Music played softly in the background as Giles and Cat signed the marriage register and Xander and Rowan witnessed it. As everyone around them chatted and sighed about the beautiful ceremony, and tissues were used liberally, Buffy and Spike sat quietly, aware that they still had a small role to play in the proceedings.



The wedding party completed their tasks and returned to their assigned spots. Althanea stepped forward and addressed the gathering once more. “At this point I would be expected to offer up the closing words, but we have something a little unexpected to add to the ceremony, something that even Catriona and Rupert have no knowledge of. I’d like to ask Buffy and Spike to enter the circle and perform a very special blessing.”



There were murmurs of surprise as Buffy reached down beneath her seat, grabbed the object lying there and walked quickly and a little nervously up the steps, her other hand in Spike’s. They paused at the edge of the circle, before stepping over the line together and moving up to where the bemused newlyweds stood. After a quiet greeting and a one armed hug for each of them, Buffy and Spike separated so that they could stand one each side of Giles and Cat, all four facing the guests in a small semi circle.



“You’re probably all very surprised to see us up here. I’m a little shocked myself. But last night I experienced a special delivery slayer dream, and as I try very hard these days to take note of and act on whatever these little memos from the boss folk seem to suggest, here we are. Giles, you have been like a father to me, sharing and supporting me through the many, many challenges that the slayer deal has thrown my way. Like a father, we haven’t always seen eye to eye, we’ve probably pissed off and disappointed one another more times than I can count. But like most family squabbles, we soon get over them, because underneath it all there is a deep, unshakable well of love and respect.



We’ve only known Cat for just over three weeks, but she’s an amazing person, a very special soul, with a very beautiful warmth and spirit about her. I was a little shocked by the speed of their relationship, but I’m hardly one to be commenting on the suitability of life partners given my own choices. So Spike and I are here to offer our own blessing, but in a very special way.”



With that Buffy lifted up her right hand away from the folds of her dress, and presented up the object she’d been holding there: Sagaria, gleaming dully in the late afternoon sun. There was a murmuring of surprise and interest among those gathered, in particular Giles and Cat. Buffy and Spike simply stepped forward, creating a circle out of the four participants, moving each of them around until she was satisfied that the positions matched the picture in her head. Behind them Althanea, Frank, Xander and Rowan stood curiously, creating a second circle.



Buffy thrust Sagaria into the center of their small circle, head uppermost, blade facing away from the altar. Spike grasped the shaft with his left hand, just above the guard, then indicated that Rowan should do likewise with her right. Buffy asked the bride to take Giles’ hand in her left, and then add his left hand to the scythe’s shaft. Finally, Buffy moved her right hand down the handle so that it sat immediately above Giles’. Slowly, she reached out to slide her other hand into Spike’s, their Hellmouth scars pressing lightly together, the circuit of connection complete.



Immediately their hands joined, a brilliant flash of light and energy poured out of Sagaria, washing over everyone like a warm wave. For those in the center of the circle, the ripple seemed to pass through them, a fount of wellbeing and heat and sensuality. It spread throughout their bodies, leaving a tingling awareness in its wake and a distinct glow in their loins.



As the two couples dropped hands and broke the circuit, the sensation began to slowly fade away, leaving behind a warm afterglow. A dazed Althanea quickly took charge.



“Well, it appears that Sagaria has added its own blessing to this union, an intervention of divine benediction indeed. This is a momentous portent, a sign of approval and covenant from the God and Goddess. But I think we may all need to partake of some refreshment after this startling event.” A ripple of laughter spread across the lawn.



“So, it is with great pleasure I present to you the bride and groom, Rupert and Catriona. May you each and together be blessed with health, happiness, harmony, and love. So mote it be!



Giles grabbed Cat’s hand and the pair of them, intoxicated on a cocktail of love, laughter, and joy, enhanced by a shot of mystical euphoria, stepped out of the circle and down the steps towards their guests, faces split wide open by matching sappy grins. Behind them, Xander and Rowan, also in the grip of some sort of exhilaration, trotted happily along, followed by the culprits themselves, Buffy and Spike, the Slayer still gripping her weapon tightly in her hand. She’d foreseen the events the previous night, but the reality was way more intense than the dream screen version. And what’s more, they were both pretty blissed out as well.



And so the ceremony concluded. Champagne was consumed; canapés were devoured; congratulations were bestowed. Group shots and intimate photos were taken down by the lake; the tranquil waters and cascading fountain in the background. Oz did the honors, proving to have a keen eye for composition. Finally the group retired to the lounge of the Lodge. Dawn, Faith and Andrew had done a brilliant job of turning it into a reception room, dressing the tables with crisp white linens, lilac candles and purple flowers, and organizing the chefs from the main kitchens to put on one of the wedding feasts they’d been so well known for in the past.



The evening turned into one of celebration all round. After the cake cutting, the garter tossing, and the various wedding toasts, Giles stood up to speak with pride about the work that had been achieved in establishing Amazon International, the setting up of the Academy, the organization of the dorms and the tracking down and recruiting of the baby slayers. He likened it to a phoenix, arising out of the ashes of the old council’s annihilation, and all of it accomplished without bloodshed thus far. Which of course set the Scoobies to groaning that he had undoubtedly doomed them all to another apocalypse.



Next, he formally announced the launch of the three new international squads, Sao Paulo, Beijing and New York. He warmly congratulated Kennedy, Chao-Ahn and Vi for their appointments as Squad Directors; and Watchers Luisa, Lien and Robin for their positions as official Operations Managers. Six other girls had been chosen to staff the teams, and all twelve team members, along with Faith’s L.A. team were due to fly out the following day. So too were the heavily depleted European Recruitment squads, newly topped up with several of the recently arrived field watchers and their slayers. He suggested that they all remember that and try not to party the entire night away.



With that, Giles and Cat bid everyone goodnight. As far as Giles was concerned, he couldn’t bear to spend even one minute more in the company of his friends and family. All he wanted was to get Cat alone, and to himself. He’d been achingly hard ever since Sagaria’s unexpected and disturbingly pleasant blaze of benediction. That was definitely research worthy, both the dream and the deed, probably some bloody prophecy. But for now, he didn’t give a toss. Anything that felt so good couldn’t be too bad, which sounded suspiciously like something Xander would say – my God, he was doomed!



Whatever the case, his priority at this stage was consummating his marriage. He was damned horny anyway, cut off for the last 24 hours after Cat insisted he, Xander and Spike take themselves off to a suite in the main house for the night previous. Of course the other two snuck back to their women later, but he was left lonely and loveless for the night. And the morning. It was extraordinary that, after years of very infrequent sexual interaction, a mere two weeks of twice daily sessions of lovemaking (three when the could sneak away during the days) had turned him some sort of sex addict, incapable of surviving a single day without being buried deep within Cat’s warm body.



But, of course, the addiction was for Cat herself, not just the sex. And he was presently aching for her. He bundled her out to his car and drove the 300 meters to the home he’d commandeered for the foreseeable future. There were five separate houses on Ashdown’s grounds, of varying sizes, but each located so as to maintain privacy from the main house and each other. Giles had selected one of the smaller ones for he and Cat to live in, and they’d already moved their clothes and personal effects in over the previous two days. It had been unfurnished, and at this stage the only furniture they had was the queen sized bed and bedroom suite that had shifted from his suite that morning. God it was time to christen its new home!



The silver BMW skidded to a halt outside the front door, and Giles leapt out the driver’s side and around to Cat’s door in time to open it for her. He handed her out, then swept her into his arms, and up the front steps to the door, barely able to pick out where he was going as he kissed her passionately all the while. Fumbling with the door handle he managed to shove it open, then carry her into the house. Wrapped up in one another’s arms, mumbling I love you’s and Oh God’s between kisses, they took their first steps over the threshold towards the beginning of their whole new life together.



But their physical need for one another left them blind to this sentimental act. Cat slid to the ground, and desperate and panting, the newlyweds scrambled up the stairs in the dark, too impatient to find the light switches. Instinct and yearning led them unerringly through the unfamiliar house, past the landing to the master bedroom. Instinct also allowed Giles to locate the switch inside the bedroom door, and light flooded the room as they stumbled towards the bed.



At once they stopped and separated, each intent on divesting themselves of their wedding finery as fast as they could, but unwilling to do so at the expense of missing the sensuous reveal that was happening in front of them. Giles did have to help Cat with the endless line of tiny, taffeta covered buttons marching down her spine, and it took him every ounce of will not to simply tear the two sides of her dress apart. Finally, enough of them were undone that she could wiggle out of the gown. Giles moaned as her luscious little thong (oh my God, a thong!) – covered, well uncovered, wriggly arse was revealed.



And then she stepped out of the fabric pooled at her feet and pirouetted. She stood there facing him, in just a lacy white strapless bra and the tiny matching thong, sheer, white stockings with lacy tops and pair of pale lilac satin shoes so gorgeous that even Giles had to admire them, although mostly for the effect that their 4 inch bejeweled heels had on lengthening and shaping her legs. She was the sexiest and most beloved sight he’d ever seen in his life.



Clad only in his new wedding ring and a pair of black boxer briefs, his throbbing, leaking erection stretching the front of them out beyond any hope of salvage, Giles was simply overcome and speechless. Just long enough to thank the universe, any gods and goddesses who might be in the vicinity and his own dumb luck, for the love of such an astonishing, sexy, funny, intelligent and compassionate woman.



Cat on the other hand was past the grateful stage and consumed by a burning, driving need to mate with her man. She tackled him, plastering her body against his and launching her self up into his arms, legs wrapped around his waist, lips locked, grinding her sodden, silk covered pussy against his straining prick.



Giles groaned heatedly between kisses and spun them both around so that they were up against the bed. His hands slid up and down her back, petting and kneading the silky skin, until he found and unhooked the catch to her bra and slid the loosened garment out from between them. Slowly, he lowered her onto the bed, pulling back just long enough to slide down her thong and his briefs. When Cat moved to take her shoes off, Giles stepped onto the bed, kneeling between her splayed legs and putting one hand on hers, stopping her, while he stroked himself with the other.



“Leave them on sweetheart. It’s a bit clichéd I’m sure, but you look hot. Leave them on.” Now he’d finally found his voice, his feelings came bubbling out. “Oh God Cat, I love you so much baby. Need you, now.”



Cat groaned, “Yes, now,” and he shuffled forward, bending his steel hard shaft down enough that he could line up with her sopping opening. He slid home in one thrust and they both moaned and panted. Only three strokes and Cat was crying out her ecstasy beneath him and Giles was lucky to manage three more within her convulsing walls before he spilled an unearthly volume of seed deep inside her heat. Three, less frantic but equally lusty strokes later, he figured he’d be good for at least one more round.



It turned out he was wrong. He was actually good for two more, and a third as dawn spilled over the trees-lined horizon. Finally sated, blissed out on love and connection, souls enraptured, bodies pleasantly sore, they drifted off in one another’s arms.


Chapter End Notes:
References:These just about took longer to put together than writing the chapter.

The Summer House at Ashdown is indeed used for weddings and other events. The wisteria probably wouldn't be flowering in August but I invoke poetic licence on this one.

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack is one of the most hauntingly evocative songs ever. I cry every, single, time I hear it. Just thought it fit Giles' and Cat's story perfectly.

Alice Temperley and Ian Stuart are of course internationally renowned designers these days, but in 2003, they were both just starting out.

Buffy's dress is here. She wore it in 2008 not 2003 but oh well - PL again.

Cat's dress is the Sancerre but its a one off so in Lilac which he didn't use for this design.

And FYI Willow's dress is here. July 2003 so almost spot on.

If anyone's wondering, Cat's role is played by Rebecca Pidgeon the American born but Scottish reared singer/actress

And as for Rowan, I've always pictured her as a young Gemma Arterton. I know she's too tall and about a year too young to play Rowan, but this is how I've always pictured her so PL again folks.