Author's Chapter Notes:
Author’s Notes: Thank you guys so much for the reviews. They make me wanna update more and they make me a better writer, at least I think so. And as someone pointed out, I forgot to say where Spike was sleeping in the last chapter. I had planned for him to sleep in Buffy's room as per Joyce's request. Opps. Guess I forgot to put that in there. Lol. Anyway, here's another chapter courtesy of yours truly. Enjoy!
Chapter Three: The Test
Morning
Summers’ Residence


“You sure you have to leave so soon?” Xander asked as he showed his friend out.
“Yeah, man. If I made my grandma wait at the airport she'd never forgive me.”

Xander laughed, “Not a fan?”

“Nah. Says she hates the things.”

Xander nodded understandingly. If he was in his eighty's he probably wouldn't like sitting around in a noisy airport either, though he was sad to see his friend leave. The scoobies really needed to get some more guy friends. Giles was great and everything, but he wasn't interested in the same stuff he was. The only other guy around was Spike and he didn't know the vamp that well, nor did he want to get to know him any time soon.

“And um Buffy,” Richard continued. “Maybe I'll see you around sometime?”

“Ah, yeah,” Buffy replied uneasily as she showed him out the door. “Maybe.”

Xander smiled seeing his set-up was going well. Hopefully the two would hit it off and he would get another guy to hang out with. Not that he didn't love his friends, but a guy needs to spend time with other guys. It was a very important part of human nature. Men have probably been chugging bears together since cavemen days.

“Um, Xander?” Willow interrupted. “Can I talk to you for a sec?”

“Sure Will's.” Xander stepped away from the others sensing that this was a conversation that Willow wanted have in private. “What's up?”

“Um,” Willow paused to take a cautious look around to see if anybody was around to hear them talk before pulling the pregnancy test out of her back pocket. The coast was clear so she continued in a near whisper. “Tara found this in the trash last night.”

took one look at the object in the his friends hands and immediately took a step back. “Ew. I'm not touching that.”

“Xander stop being a baby,” Willow scolded. “Look. It's positive.”

“Does that mean...”

“Someone's pregnant,” Willow finished.

“Well how come you came to me...” Xander paused, catching the look his friend was sending his way. “Wait, you don't think...?”

“Well,” Willow started defensively. “Whose else could it belong to?”

“Richard!” Willow gave him her resolve face. “Maybe it's his girlfriends.”

“You set Buffy up with someone who has a girlfriend,” Willow questioned him with a glare.

“What... no.” Xander paused trying to find a way out of his current predicament. There was no way Anya was pregnant. He wasn't ready for that. “Um, maybe its Dawns,” he offered. “You know, teenage pregnancies.”

“What?!”

The both turned to the foyer at the sound of a new voice. Xander grimaced when he saw Joyce standing not ten feet away, hands on her hips, and eyes demanding answers.

Dining Room
“Dawn, can I have a word with you?” Joyce asked.

Dawn looked up from her spot at the dining room table where she was busy stuffing her face with pancakes. “Sure. Whats up?”

“Um, I was actually wondering the same thing.” Joyce started. “We don't talk as much as I'd like we did and I was wondering what was going on in your life. Hows school? Any boys you like?”

“Mom...” Dawn whined. Seeing the determined look on her mothers face she was forced to continue. “Fine,” she hesitated before continuing. “Yes, there's a boy.”

“Are you a still a virgin,” Joyce rushed out worriedly.

“Mom!”

“Answer the question, Dawn.”

Again Dawn hesitated, wishing the floor would open and swallow her up. Where was an apocalypse when you needed one?

“Yes,” Dawn finally answered.

“Oh, thank god,” Joyce heaved a sigh of relief.

“So why are we having this extremely embarrassing conversation,” Dawn asked.

Joyce paused before answering, “Willow and Tara found a pregnancy test in the bathroom. It's positive.”

“And you thought it was mine,” Dawn finished.

“Yes, but now we know that it isn't. Which means it must be Anya's.”

“Wow,” Dawn said in wonder. “Anya's pregnant.”

“Well, no ones supposed to know so lets try and keep what we know discreet, okay?”

“Yeah, okay.”

Living Room
“Hey, Anya,” Dawn said cheerfully as she joined the ex-demon on the couch.

“Hello, Dawn,” Anya greeted, not turning her attention away from the television where she was flipping channels.

“Whatcha doin'?”

Anya gave Dawn a look, “What's wrong.”

“Why would you think somethings wrong?” Dawn bluffed.

“Well, you asked me what I was doing when you could clearly see that what I was doing, which leads me to believe that's somethings wrong,” she explained.

“Fine,” Dawn dropped the act deciding to come clean. “Are you pregnant?”

“Why would you think that?” Anya stated calmly.

“Because, Willow and Tara found a positive pregnancy test in the bathroom.”

“Oh,” Anya said while still calmly flipping though channels. “Well, it's not mine. Is it yours?”

“Why do people keep thinking that?” Dawn asked incredulously. “And why would I ask you if it was yours if it was mine?”

“I guess that makes sense.”

“So, it's not yours?”

“Nope,” Anya smiled. “Maybe its Buffy's? Or Joyce's?”

“No,” Dawn disagreed. “Buffy doesn't have a boyfriend and neither does mom. Plus, they both live here. Surely I would know,” Dawn said, more to herself then to Anya.

“Yes, she does.”

“Excuse me?” Dawn asked confused.

“I thought you knew,” Anya too was now confused.

“Knew what?”

“About Joyce and Giles,” she clarified.

“Mom and Giles are dating?” Dawn asked again.

“I don't know about dating but their definitely having sex.”

“What!” Dawn exclaimed. “Ew! And how would you know anyway?”

“It's just the way they act and the way they look at each other.”

“Oh,” Dawn replied uneasily, wanting desperately to change the subject. “So, have you seen Buffy looking at anybody.”

“No, but I'm not really around her that much. I try to keep away from anything slayer related now that I'm human and vulnerable,” she explained. “The only reason I know about Joyce and Giles is because I caught them in the kitchen last night giving each 'the look',” she air quoted.

“Oh,” Dawn sighed, knowing she wasn't getting anywhere. “Okay then. Thanks anyway.”

“You're welcome,” Anya called from the couch as Dawn wondered off knowing she'd failed to find out who the pregnancy test belonged to.