Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank-you for all of your wonderful reviews and thanks to those who are following this story. I'm so excited! Here's Chapter 5, Read, Enjoy and Review!
Chapter 5
When Spike awoke he had to rub his eyes to make sure what he was seeing was real. Wrapped up in his arms was the slayer. When did she come in? Why hadn’t he sensed her, and had he really been that angry at her that he hadn’t stood outside her bedroom door like he always did? Bad on you, mate. Apparently it didn’t matter to her because she had found her own way to him. She lay on his bed with her back against his chest, her head on his arm and her hand holding on to his for dear life. He was staring at the back of her bare shoulders, the only part of her that wasn’t covered in blankets. He admired her beautiful soft, bronzed skin. Unable to resist the urge to place his lips on her shoulder, he leaned down and gave her a soft kiss.

Her eyes shot open and she remained frozen as she tried to understand where she was. It was dark, very dark, but the clock in front of her read eight A.M. The memories of last night’s nightmare and her walk to his room came back quickly when she felt her hand in his. She turned to face him, making sure not to move the blankets that covered her. For some reason she felt cold.

“Good Morning,” she greeted him with a smile on her face.

“Mornin’, love.”

“Mmm” She smiled again and rested her head in the spot between his neck and shoulder. He adjusted his body in order to make her more comfortable.

“Rough night, Slayer?”

“Nightmare.”

He decided to take another chance and kissed her forehead gently. She closed her eyes as he did so, and did not put up any defense.

“Spike,” she said looking up at him.

“Yeah?”

“About yesterday…”

Spike put a finger to her mouth. “S’okay, pet. We’ll figure it out Please don’t talk about it anymore. Let’s just lay here holding each other, let’s enjoy the moment.

“Why do you sit outside my bedroom door?”

He gave her a blank stare.

“I can feel you. Every night since I came back you’ve sat outside my door. Why?”

“I didn’t want you to be alone when the nightmares came. I didn’t think anyone of them would understand. I didn’t think you knew I was there before the other night.”

She brought her mouth to hover just over his then gently came down for a soft kiss. He closed his eyes, allowing his body to hum in delight.

“What was that for?”

“It was thanks,” she answered then sat up throwing the sheets off as she stood from the bed.

“Where you going?” he asked in a bit of a panic.
She looked at him then crossed her legs. “I have to pee.”
She watched as he looked her up and down in a very slow, predatory way, making her slightly uncomfortable while at the same time sending shiver of pleasure through her. “Jesus, Slayer! If I’d known that’s what you were wearing last night I’d have been the one to slip under the covers with you.”

She looked down at herself and saw what she had chosen for pajamas last night in her post nightmare panic- or had she done it intentionally? She wore black shorts that crept up her thighs exposing her shapely tan legs and leaving nothing to the imagination. Over her shorts she had a matching tank top which had tugged down a bit in her sleep leaving her barely there cleavage exposed. She looked at him and blushed as a small smile spread across her face.

“Definitely a slayer’s body.” He smiled wickedly and lifted an eyebrow at her. He sat up on the bed and leaned over the side, ruffling through Dawn’s pile of clothes until he found his own t-shirt from the night before. “Here,” he said as he threw the shirt at her, “put that on, don’t want dear old granddad out there ogling you.”

She looked at him and smiled, enjoying his jealousy. She couldn’t help but stare at his muscles as well. His chest was milky white and every inch of his stomach was perfectly chiseled into divine little squares. She caught herself staring and noticed that he had picked up on her almost zombie like state. She bit her lower lip causing him to adjust himself under the covers as he was sure he felt his boxers grow into a bulge. What was it about the slayer that made him like this? A vampire awake at eight in the morning, sleeping in a bedroom instead of a crypt, spending his nights sitting on the other side of her door instead of hunting for food. It was love. Loving the slayer was making him crazy.

Buffy blushed again and threw the black t-shirt on over her jammies. “Fine, but I highly doubt Angel will be up now. What with the sun being out and all. I’ll be right back. By the way, Spike?”

“Yeah?”

“You’re a pig.” She smiled as she sauntered out the door.

Spike threw his head back down on his pillow. “Bloody hell!” She’d looked even better in his shirt than in that slinky outfit she had on under it. “Cold shower, need a cold shower.”
*****************************************************
She walked toward the bathroom with a huge smile on her face. He’d been so jealous of Angel, right from the moment he’d walked in the door. She turned serious as she thought of her previous lover, what was he doing here, why had he come back? Why wait a month after her resurrection to come back.

When she reached the bathroom she opened the door and her jaw dropped open at what she saw.

“Buffy!”

Standing in the bathroom was Angel, fresh out of the shower, dripping wet, completely naked.

“A-Angel,” She tried her hardest to compose herself. “I, uh, had to pee.” He grabbed his towel off the floor and quickly wrapped it around his waist. “I didn’t think.” She stared at his chest and struggled to find words as she admired is wide shoulders, his sides and his gorgeous six pack. She couldn’t tear her eyes away. “It’s daylight.”

He looked at her, his eyes wandered up her legs enjoying their beautiful color then back up to her lips, mesmerized by the way she chewed on the bottom one, he wanted those lips on his. He wanted to be the one biting that plump bottom lip.

“I… L.A.’s got me on a completely different schedule.”

“Oh.” She couldn’t stop staring. “Oh! Well, let me get out of your way so you can get dressed.” She finally snapped out of her reverie when she noticed the way he was suddenly frowning at her.

“That’s a nice shirt you have on, Buffy.”

“Oh, this? This is Spi- “Understanding dawned on her.

“Did you spend the entire night with him?”

“Angel-“

“I can smell him all over you Buffy, his scent is everywhere.”

“You don’t understand.” She took a step toward him, to explain what had happened.

He took a step back. “Do you know who Spike is, did you forget about the things he’s done to you, to me?”
She shook her head. “He’s different now. Changed.”

“Vampires don’t change, Buffy.”

She felt her body tense up as her anger built. “You changed.”

“Because I got a soul.”

“You don’t know what you’re saying. You haven’t been here, you don’t know. He’s been here for me, listening,
he understands me.”

“Do you think that’s been genuine, Buffy? Spike isn’t sensitive. He doesn’t care! All he wants is to get in your pants, and from the looks of it he’s succeeded.”

She shook her head at him, she was boiling with anger. “What kind of a person do you think I am? He has listened to me. I trust him, I know that it comes from inside him, his sentiments are genuine. I don’t doubt that. I don’t know about yours.”

“Mine?” A look of hurt and shock crossed his face.

“I’ve been back for a month, Angel. A month! You didn’t come back until now. I haven’t heard a word from you. You didn’t call, you didn’t even come to my funeral!” She swallowed back her tears, determined not to let him see her pain.

“Buffy, I didn’t know. I didn’t know you came back. I couldn’t go and see your- I couldn’t see you with no life inside. It was too much.” The pain of losing her was evident in his face.

“Spike did. He came to my funeral, he’s been here, he’s seen me without life inside and he’s stayed. I’ve been dead inside from the moment I came back. Did you know I was in heaven? They ripped me out of heaven. I can’t sleep and the only person who cares, the only person who gives a damn is Spike.”

“Thing, Buffy, not person. He’s a thing.”

“You’re a thing too Angel. A monster!”

“Don’t you think I know that? Why do you think we’re not together? He’s using you. He wants you weak and vulnerable so he can make his move.” He was almost in tears. He could not watch the woman he loved run into the arms of someone as evil and cruel as Spike.

“I’m using him! The only time I feel alive, like I’m actually here and life is worth living is when I’m with him. If being with an evil monster is what it takes to make me want to be in this awful place then I will be with him as long as it takes to make this emptiness inside me go away.” It wasn’t true, but she had to hurt him. She couldn’t sit there and take his abuse any longer.

“There’s something wrong with you, Buffy.”

“Gee, ya think?”

“I’m leaving, going back to L.A. I can’t see you like this, watch you do this to yourself. I can’t be here for you when he lets you fall.”

“Fine, leave. It’s what you do best!” She turned to leave but turned to him again, “You’re no longer welcome in this house Angel. I’ll make sure you never step foot in here again.” She turned around and walked away.