Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much for reading! Please review. Your thoughts and opinions keep me going. Let me know how you feel. Do you like it, hate it, are there things I should fix? Talk to me, I’m listening. Enjoy the chapter 
Chapter 3

Angel stared at the scene in front of him. Buffy, her lips bright red from being bitten, her mouth agape. She took a step toward him only to be pulled back by Spike. She looked up at him questioningly, and then opened her eyes wide when she followed his eyes down to his pants.

“Sorry,” she told him.

“Too late,” Angel muttered. “I’ve already seen it.”
He’d seen Spike’s erection and it made his entire body shake in disgust. There she was, the love of his life, in the arms of scum. Spike, the lowest of the low, holding her, making love to her, he couldn’t stand it.

“What’s the matter, Angel? Feeling jealous cause you can’t have what I get every night?”

Buffy slapped Spike on the shoulder and he gave her a look. “What are you doing here, Angel?” she asked.

“I heard some things, wanted to see if they were true.”

“What? That the Slayer’s been boinking me? Yeah, well, it true mate. Girl can’t get enough.”

He had that evil half smile that usually turned her on, but this time it made her mad, really mad. She slapped him again, this time on the chest; hard, then took a step back.

“What the fu-“

“What’s the matter with you, Spike? You don’t have to act like a child in front of Angel.” She turned around to face Angel feeling assured that her slap had calmed Spike down, and it was safe for her to move away from him. Angel knew the look on her face and took a step back. She was ready to charge, and he had nothing to protect himself with. Spike crossed his arms, allowing a satisfied smile to cross his face. She was his slayer now, and she was about to make that very clear.

“What are you doing here, Angel?” she asked him again, her hands on her hips.

“I told you, I heard some things and I came to see if they were true. I came to see if you were alright.”

“If what you heard is that I’m with Spike then yes, it’s true and yes, I’m perfectly alright.” She turned to look at Spike and said, “Actually, I’ve never felt better in my life.”

A look of pain crossed over Angel’s face and Buffy didn’t fail to see it. His eyes looked her over as he took her in and realized how much better she looked than the last time they’d met. She was radiant now. He frowned as his eyes suddenly landed on the puncture wounds on her neck. She covered them with her hand when she noticed where his eyes had landed. She was not ready to explain this to him.

“Buffy,” he sounded so sad and disappointed, “what did you do?” She saw the pain in his eyes turn to anger and she became afraid of what he would do. “You’re his now?”

“Yeah mate, what of it?” Spike to a menacing step forward. He felt Angel struggling to keep his demon under control and wanted to protect his slayer.

“I wasn’t talking to you, Spike.” Angel’s eyes didn’t move away from Buffy’s neck. “You came back wrong,” he told her in a whisper.

“What?” Her eyes welled up with tears because that was exactly what she had feared since she’d come back.

“To be able to love that thing,” he pointed at Spike, “to make love to it, to let it mark you as his own. You must have come back wrong.”

There he was, the love of her life, the one man she had let all the way in, no walls no boundaries; the one man who had broken her, standing there confirming her biggest fear. She was no longer Buffy, no longer human, but something else.

“No.” She shook her head in denial. He was wrong. How could he know anything?

“What it wrong with you?” Spike growled at his grandsire.

“How could you claim to love her and say that?”
Angel lost the battle with his demon, his face morphed into the monster as he got in Spike’s face. “This has nothing to do with you!”
Buffy could only stare as Spike went into game face and growled at Angel. The two were faced off, ready to attack.

“Anything involving the Slayer is my business. Don’t make me hurt you, I know she still loves you and she doesn’t want me to hurt you, but I will do what I have to.”
Angel growled fiercely at his grandchilde. Buffy felt a sharp pain shoot from her neck onto her head, but ignored it and tried to make them stop before they hurt each other.

“Guys, don’t!” She was only able to muster a small whisper before her hands flew up to hold her head together because the pain made her feel as if it would split in two.

“Stop!” she screamed, speaking more to the pain than the vampires.

Spike turned just in time to see her body slump over and ran to catch her before she hit the ground. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes. “It hurts so much.” She passed out before she could tell him anymore.

“Buffy, Buffy! Can you hear me? Slayer, come on!” He was distraught, didn’t know what to do.
Angel ran over to him and peered down at the Slayer.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I don’t know!” Spike was hysterical, he couldn’t think clearly with his Slayer like this.

“Let’s take her to her house- your house, get her in bed, she needs to lie down.”

“I know that!” There was no way he was going to let Angel take charge here. He was going to protect her, this was why she’d let him take her blood, so he could save her.