Author's Chapter Notes:
Big thanks and sloppy kisses to my awesome beta Passion4Spike for her wonderful ideas and suggestions! She came up with some great Dru dialogue :D And she put together a YouTube song vid just for me, which I link to in this chapter ^_^ Love ya, P4S!

By the by, she's writing an amazing series called 'Unexpected' that every Spuffy fan should check out. Here's the link at The Spuffy Realm: http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=36700&warning=NC-17

You'll love it! :D

Banners by Edgehead and xoChantelly
Drusilla had started by cutting Buffy's jacket and shirt off of her, leaving the Slayer wearing a white bra and jeans. The whole situation frightened Buffy, but Dru cutting her clothes off was scary for altogether different reasons. She hoped Dru didn't have something more in mind that required Buffy to be naked.

When she'd found the nerve to ask why Dru cut her shirt off, Dru replied, "I need a proper canvas."

And then Dru had begun to use the knives on Buffy's skin. Buffy had yelled and thrashed around, trying to either break the chains or just make it harder for Drusilla to hit a moving target. But she found out that it just made Dru angrier. She got several blows to the face and torso when she wouldn't keep still, followed by more vicious slashing of her body with a sharp knife.

Buffy tried keeping herself sane during the torture by thinking she would get out of this seemingly impossible situation. And when she did, Drusilla would be so very sorry – she had to focus on something other than the pain or risk completely losing her mind, so she kept trying to conjure images in her mind of ways to get even with Dru and eventually dust her.

Buffy wasn't mortally wounded, Drusilla had given her mostly quick, shallow slashes instead of deep stabs. Dru had used the finer instruments to draw pictures on Buffy's back and stomach. The picture she was drawing (cutting) on Buffy's stomach was of two smiling stick figures with fangs, holding hands under a crescent moon. Dru wanted to add two more figures to represent Angelus and Darla, then it would be perfect – her family would be together again, drawn in the blood of the Slayer that had broken them apart.

While Drusilla was busy with Buffy, minions had come in and wandered around the room to set up decorations for the party. They were warned beforehand not to disturb Dru while she worked. It was difficult for the young vampires not to simply stare and enjoy the sight of the Slayer being beaten and slashed by their Master, but they'd been warned to keep at their tasks and not gawk. And they sure as hell didn't want to anger Dru.

A banner reading, "Welcome Back, Spike!" had been erected over an archway opposite from where Buffy was currently chained. There were multi-colored helium balloons, party favors and hats, and streamers ready to be placed throughout the main room.

Drusilla had ordered her minions to run many errands for her in preparation for the party. In addition to cleaning out the party supply stores in town, they'd also retrieved Miss Edith from the train. Miss Edith was very cross at being forgotten. So as a treat, Dru removed the blindfold from the doll and sat her in a good place so she could watch Buffy being tortured and eventually die.

Dru was kneeling on a satin pillow in front of Buffy as she "drew" her picture. She smiled and turned her head to where her favorite doll sat. "Isn't this nice, Miss Edith? You like it?" She giggled. "Ah, I knew you would. You forgive me for leaving you on the train?" She paused, as if the doll were speaking to her. Then she laughed. "Oh yes, I'm eager for that, too! Soon, Miss Edith, very soon."

"Mistress," Joshua interrupted, "it's been --"

Drusilla jumped to her feet and yelled, "I told you not to bother me while I'm creating!" The minions helping decorate the room stopped and looked at her nervously, afraid she'd kill one of them in her fit of anger. “Why must you always defy me!?” She held up the knife and made frenzied slashing motions in the air with it.

Joshua swallowed. "But... you said to tell you when two hours had passed..."

Dru's enraged, criminally insane look changed instantly into a bashful smile. She giggled girlishly. "Oh yes, I did tell you that, didn't I? I knew I'd get all caught up in my happy work. Yes, I think that's enough for now; she's nearly ready to be presented to Spike."

The minions went back to work, thankful that Dru's temper tantrum had passed for the moment. Some of them had been around in the days when Spike and Dru had first come to town, and as hard as it was to believe, Dru was much more dangerous and unpredictable without Spike’s presence. Spike had often kept Dru from killing or maiming minions outright or going into a frenzy. It would be good for the Mistress (as well as those around her) to have Spike back.

Drusilla stepped back to admire her work, beaming.

Buffy closed her eyes, grateful that it seemed her torture would stop -- or at least be put on hold. She didn’t know how much more of this she could take without going insane.

Dru nodded appreciatively; Buffy was bleeding nicely, and the family portrait had turned out well. Flesh was a very difficult medium to work in. The Slayer's screams of indignation and pain had been sweet music to Dru's ears.

Drusilla licked blood from the knife, then placed it back on the table, stopping the fun for now. She also licked her fingers clean, not wanting to let the delicious Slayer blood go to waste. "You don't mind if we continue this later, do you, Slayer?"

Buffy groaned quietly, relieved that she'd be getting a short reprieve. She'd been in a lot more pain in the past than she was right now, but it was harder to manage with the additional emotional turmoil.

Dru would have been quite happy and content to keep torturing Buffy, but she had to go see Spike. All this merriment and bloodletting had her feeling nostalgic and missing Spike more. She wanted to be sharing this with him. She sighed wistfully at remembering him giving her a taste of that Boxer Rebellion Slayer's blood. Mmmm, so tasty. And he'd been so right about it being an aphrodisiac. They'd had an epic shag after that. No other lover could compare to her wonderful Spike. He could be so rough and animalistic, but he could also be so gentle and loving. He was everything a girl could want, and all wrapped up in a pretty package.

Dru pulled herself from the sweet memories, she didn't have time to daydream. "Hasn't it been fun so far? Just like a day at the fair, innit?" she asked the glassy-eyed Buffy.

Buffy groaned again, hanging limply in her chains and bleeding from dozens of cuts on her upper body and arms. "Fuck you!" she spat.

Dru trilled laughter. "You kiss your mum with that mouth? Good girls aren't s'posed to talk like sailors. Miss Edith does not approve of that sort of language, I might have to wash your mouth out with soap. You have to take your medicine, Slayer. You have to pay a price for taking my Spike away."

Buffy felt so worn down, but she mustered up the energy to yell, "How many times do I have to tell you I don't want Spike?!"

"Still stuck on that lie, are you?" Dru tsk'ed and shook her head. "You're a slow learner, Slayer. Maybe I can spare a few more moments to play with you a bit more...” She walked back over to Buffy and stared at her.

Buffy wanted to beg her not to hurt her any more, but she'd be damned before she begged Drusilla for anything. It wasn't as if any plea for mercy would be effective anyway. Buffy clenched her jaw and stared defiantly back at Dru.

"Why are you just staring at me?" Buffy asked after the staring contest had gone on for thirty seconds without anything happening. "You think you can break me? Guess again, bitch! It takes a lot more than --”

Drusilla simply said, "Look at me."

Buffy didn't understand what Dru was getting at for a few seconds. She was already looking at her, so why... Then she realized what Dru was trying to do.

Buffy closed her eyes and turned her face away. "No!" Giles had told her (an edited version) of how Dru had hypnotized him when he'd been Angelus' captive. Buffy didn't want her mind messed with like that. It was bad enough that the crazy vampire beat her up and cut her body, she wasn’t going to let her into her mind too.

"I said, look at me!" Drusilla growled, putting her hands on the sides of Buffy’s head and forcing her face forward. Buffy kept her eyes tightly shut. "Open your eyes or I'll slice the lids off."

Buffy reluctantly opened her eyes as bile rose in her throat at the thought of having her eyelids sliced off... and Dru was just crazy enough to do it. She was determined not to let Drusilla's hypno powers work on her. But that determination was crushed almost instantly.

"Be in my eyes... be in me," Dru said in a soft, melodious voice. She extended two fingers and waved them, first under her own eyes, and then under Buffy's.

Dru's big brown eyes looked bigger than usual to Buffy. The world melted away, everything except those deep, luminous eyes that were pulling her into them. The pain and panic faded to almost nothing, there was only a peaceful, warm feeling. Buffy unconsciously swayed along with Dru, mirroring her movements, like a cobra under the spell of a snake charmer.

Buffy suddenly felt extremely tired, she couldn't hold her eyes open. She closed her eyes and her head drooped.

Drusilla placed her hand on the crown of Buffy's head. "See with your heart. See what your heart wants..."






When Buffy opened her eyes again, lifted her head and looked around, she was alone.

"...the hell?" Buffy couldn't figure out where everyone went -- it seemed like she'd only shut her eyes for a moment. Drusilla had been doing something right before Buffy passed out... but she couldn't remember what it was now.

"Buffy."

Her head whipped to the side to see Spike standing casually in the entryway, leaning with his shoulder against the wall and his thumbs hooked into his belt. She couldn't see his face very well, he was still partially shrouded in the shadows, but it was definitely Spike.

She swallowed anxiously. "Spike... Where did everyone go? You have to help me get out of here before they come back!"

"You don't have to worry about any of them," Spike said, smiling slightly as he walked further into the room.

"Before I go into a 'thank goodness you've come' speech, tell me... are you here to help me escape, or are you here to help Drusilla kill me?" Buffy hoped this nightmare wouldn't get any worse by Spike joining Dru in the 'fun'.

"You know I wouldn't let her kill you, Buffy."

"Do I?" Buffy was feeling so strange, and it wasn't just the disorientation of nodding off and then waking up abruptly. Spike had a sort of glow about him; he looked so handsome and gallant. And he'd actually saved her life -- which meant that he really must care for her. She was feeling kinda swoony, truth be told. "Can you get these chains off of me?" she asked, looking up at her manacled wrists.

Spike stepped up to her and reached up with a key in his hand, undoing one cuff and then the other. Buffy started sinking to the floor, but Spike grabbed her around the waist and held her against his body with strong arms. Buffy held onto his shoulders, giving him a small, grateful smile.

Spike bent down and freed her ankles while Buffy leaned on him to keep her balance. "Are you badly hurt?" he asked, glancing up at her. "Need to go to the hospital?"

"I... I don't think so." Buffy looked down at her stomach, seeing Dru's handiwork. "This shit better not scar."

Spike stood up and rested his hands on her waist.

Buffy didn't find his closeness, or the affectionate way he was looking at her, objectionable in the least. In fact, she liked it... "Did Drusilla try to talk you into getting back together with her?" Buffy asked. "That's what she said she was going to do."

"Uh-huh." Spike shook his head and sighed. "She really thought I'd jump at the chance to be with her again. Well... I s'pose I was a bit tempted at first -- it's not easy to turn down someone you loved for as long as I loved her -- but when I saw what she'd done to you... I knew what I had to do."

Buffy felt like her legs were going to give out again. She let out a little gasp when Spike swept her up in his arms. "What are you doing?"

Spike smiled and carried her to the couch, and then set her down gently. "You were gonna fall over, luv."

"Oh... okay. I'm not used to being carried around like some damsel in distress. Warn me next time you plan on sweeping me off my... lifting me up." Buffy sighed and tried just relaxing for a minute, rubbing at her bruised wrists and trying to get some feeling back into her hands. It felt so good to be unchained and out of danger; she hadn't been sure if she was going to make it out of that situation. But she had, with Spike's help. "You're sure Dru won't be back?"

Spike nodded as he sat down beside Buffy. "Her and her little helpers are taken care of, no worries. I dusted the lot of them."

"Good." Buffy was impressed that Spike had killed his former lover just to protect her; she never thought he could, or would, do that for her. "Um... Dru said some... interesting things while she had me chained up."

"Such as?" Spike asked, arching his scarred brow.

"She said... you were in love with me. And Dawn said the same thing earlier... Is it true?"

Spike tilted his head and said softly, "What do you think?"

"I... I don't know. That's why you saved me... because you love me?" Buffy asked, worrying her bottom lip with her teeth as she awaited his answer.

Spike took a breath and turned to her, taking her hands in his and looking her in the eye. "Yes... it's true. I love you, Buffy. You're all I bloody think about. Dream about. You're in my gut... my throat... I'm drowning in you, Summers, I'm drowning in you..."

Whereas those words coming out of Spike's mouth would have been abhorrent a few hours ago, now they made Buffy feel warm and, yes, even happy. She could see that Spike loved her, she could feel it. No man had ever said anything like that to her before. No man had ever talked about her like she was an object of love and desire like in the old poems she was so fond of.

She gave him a watery smile and squeezed his hands. "You really do love me, don't you?" It was still hard for her to believe that a soulless vampire could actually love someone... but Spike had proven her wrong.

Spike smiled back and nodded. "I really, truly do. And... I couldn't let Dru hurt you, I had to stop her. I'd do anything for you, Buffy. The million dollar question is: How do you feel about me? Is my love in vain?"

"I... I'm not sure. I mean, I'm used to thinking of you a certain way... but by helping me, you've shown me that you've changed." Buffy swallowed, trying to figure out what she honestly felt for him. "I'm... attracted to you, I think I always was, but it wasn't... right for me to feel that way, you know?"

"Yeah... I get that, I do. You, Slayer -- Me, vampire." Spike took a deep breath before continuing. "But love isn't always easy or pretty, it can be tough, it can make you want to scream and feel like you're losin' your bleedin' mind. And love's not always meant for those people that seem 'perfect' for each other. I think we can have something... extraordinary, Buffy. If you just give me a chance... I swear, I'll make you so bloody happy."

Buffy had never seen a man look as beautiful as Spike looked right at that moment. The hair, the cheekbones, the hard body. And the eyes... such intense, deep blue eyes -- they seemed to cut right through all her defenses, all her objections... all her fears. It was true, she always did have an attraction for him, under the surface. She'd always felt there was something between herself and Spike, at first it had just been the mortal enemy thing, but it had morphed since then. She'd been attracted to him, sort of like having the hots for the really bad boy in school -- you know he's completely wrong for you, but he's damn sexy. Buffy was surprised by the lengths to which her mind had gone to squelch any desire for Spike, she'd been the true Queen of Denial.

But now she was remembering. Yes, he'd still been a pain in her ass, but that didn't mean she hadn't wanted him. And then over time, especially recently with the Glory threat looming over her family, she'd seen that he wasn't all bad. Spike was capable of doing good things, he just needed someone to put their boot in his ass to help keep him on the side of right. Buffy could be that someone with the boot. She'd rather not have another vampire boyfriend who was a huge project... but she had feelings for Spike that she could no longer deny or ignore.

And by saving her life tonight, Spike had earned a chance at redemption, as well as a place in her heart.

"How do you feel about me now?" Spike tilted his head, smiling tentatively and awaiting her answer.

"Now... I can finally admit I'm attracted to you, that I have... feelings for you. I don't understand all of it yet, but it's about time I stopped lying to myself."

"You think... we might be able to explore those feelings... together?" Spike asked with a sweet, hopeful smile.

Buffy looked down bashfully -- she couldn't believe she was having this conversation with Spike. After everything they'd been through, and done to each other, here they were, talking about 'exploring feelings'. "Yeah, I think so. I'm open to... negotiations on that. There's something between us... I'd like to find out what exactly it is."

"Just hearin' you say that there's hope that my dreams will come true.... it means so much to me, Buffy." Spike brought her hands to his lips and gently kissed her knuckles.

Yes, this is what she wanted. Spike was what she wanted.

"What say we get the hell out of here, yeah?" Spike asked with a little smirk.

Buffy laughed. "I'm all for that! I hope I never see this damn place again. Wish the city would just bulldoze it, and then salt the earth."

Spike stood up and pulled Buffy up to stand with him. "Need me to carry you? 'Cos I will. I love carryin' you around." He smirked and wagged his eyebrows.

"Like the end of some big romantic movie?" Buffy chuckled.

"Somethin' like that." Spike pulled her against him, gazing into her eyes. "Or it could be the start of a big, beautiful, romantic life..."

Buffy smiled, thinking how sweet a thing that was of him to say. And she could tell that's what he really wanted. She wouldn't mind having a heaping helping of big, beautiful romance, either. "Who knows? Stranger things have happened, right?"

Spike nodded. "'Specially in this town."

Buffy couldn't feel any of the wounds Drusilla had inflicted on her; there was no pain. How could she feel pain when Spike was looking at her like this, with his bluer-than-blue eyes conveying so much love and affection? Spike leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. Buffy put her arms around his neck and returned the kiss. Yes, this is what she wanted. She could have sworn her lip had been split by one of Dru's punches, kissing anyone right now should be painful... but she didn't feel any discomfort.

Suddenly, music started playing. It was, 'Up Where We Belong' -- one of Buffy's favorite romantic songs.

{{

Hear the song at the following YouTube Link:

Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes

}}


Buffy pulled back with a puzzled frown, and looked around to locate the source of the music. "Where's that music coming from? You hear it too, right? I'm not just going nuts?"

"Yeah, I hear it. Must be from a car stereo outside," Spike said dismissively.

When she looked back at Spike, he was wearing a white Navy officer's uniform, complete with the white hat. Buffy blinked and stared at him. "What... How did your clothes change? What the hell is... Wow, you look really good in those clothes..." Buffy was confused, but she was momentarily taken out of her thoughts by just how gorgeous Spike looked in the uniform. The words 'Hello, Salty Goodness!' repeated in her head.

Spike only smiled and lifted her up in his arms again to carry her out of the mansion. "We can talk all 'bout it on the way home, pet."

Buffy couldn't resist taking his officer's cap and putting it on, just like in 'An Officer and a Gentleman'.

And then Buffy was finally able to think coherently, realizing how bizarre the last minute had been. A feeling of dread and numbness spread through her body, her face went slack. "Oh God... this isn't really happening, is it? This isn't real..."

Spike smiled sadly and shook his head no. "I'm sorry, Buffy..."






Dru slapped Buffy's face to bring her out of the trance. "Does that clear anything up for you, Slayer?" she asked coldly.

Buffy blinked rapidly, trying to understand that everything she'd just seen and experienced was just an illusion; it had seemed so real. "Why... Why did you make me...?"

"'Cos it was takin' you too bloody long to realize the truth on your own." Dru put her hands to her own temples, her eyes fluttered. "So many defenses in your tiny, pink, wrinkly brain... so many rules, so many wrong turns... I don' like it in there..."

"Then stay the fuck out of my brain, bitch!" Tears of frustration welled in Buffy's eyes, but she refused to sob and cry, she would not give Dru the satisfaction. Nevertheless, a tear spilled over and ran down Buffy's cheek. It had been too cruel a deception -- to make Buffy think the nightmare was over, to make her think and feel things about Spike.

Dru grabbed and held the sides of Buffy's head again. Buffy tried shaking her head to keep Dru from putting another hallucination in her mind or from hurting her, but Dru held her fast. Instead of more mind games or hitting, Dru only licked up the trail of the tear, also licking up some blood on Buffy's cheek.

"Ugh! Get off of me, you freak!" Buffy shouted in disgust, trying to move her face away from Dru's sweeping tongue.

Dru stepped back, smiling. She closed her eyes, licked her chops, and rubbed her hand in circles over her stomach. "Ohh, mmmmmm! Slayer tears and blood makes a brilliant cocktail! Can you make enough tears to fill a proper punchbowl? I know you can make enough blood." Dru winked and licked her lips again. She leaned toward Buffy, talking in a hushed, conspiratorial tone, "I add a pinch of cinnamon and a bottle of vodka to my blood punch -- but, Shhhh! Don't give away my secrets! Everyone will be copyin' my recipe for their parties!"

Buffy shrugged to get her shoulder closer to her face, and then wiped her cheek on her shoulder to get Dru's saliva off. She mostly just succeeded in smearing her cheek and shoulder with blood. "You're sick -- even for a vampire!"

"Did the little vision I gave you finally open your eyes? You told Spike you wanted him -- I was in your head, I saw it, I heard it. Scary place, your head is..."

"That... That didn't mean anything!" The Queen of Denial was back. "You tricked me! I never would have felt anything for Spike if he didn't come to help me! It was just gratitude!"

"I made you see the truth, what lies beneath. I don't like bein' inside your head... turns my tummy, it does." Dru made a face like she'd tasted something bad. "So many twists and turns, a labyrinth of brick walls and dead ends."

"Yeah, you mentioned that. I say again, stay the fuck out of my head, you crazy bitch!" A thought occurred to Buffy, making her feel even more ill. "Oh my God... that wasn't you I was kissing, was it?!" Buffy spit repeatedly on the floor.

Some of the minions snickered at the Slayer's distress. They wished the Mistress would let them videotape this -- it was some funny, entertaining shit!

"I wouldn't taint my lips by touching them to yours, Slayer," Dru said, running an index finger over her own lips. "You're sour and bitter, kissing you would be like biting into a lemon. My mummy used to eat lemons. Raw. She said she loved the way they made her mouth... tingle." Dru looked off into space, not moving or saying anything for several moments. And then it was as if someone un-paused her, and she started talking again. "You saw what your heart wanted to see in the vision, it was what you wanted to happen. And I saw it too."

"That's not what I want!"

Dru groaned and rolled her eyes. "Bloody hell, you're a pigheaded little elf, ain't you? You make the chubby, flying babies weep, you do." While Buffy was trying to make sense of that last comment, Dru continued, getting angrier by the second. "I go through all the trouble of givin' you a vision, and you still won't accept what you seen with your own eyes!?"

She reached up and grabbed three fingers on Buffy's left hand, and then jerked them violently, dislocating them.

Buffy cried out in pain and clenched her teeth. At first, she was afraid Drusilla had just ripped her fingers clean-off. But she didn't feel warm blood running down her arms, so she assumed the fingers were still attached. And then Dru stepped away from her, without a fistful of Buffy's fingers, confirming that Buffy wasn't maimed for life. That was a huge relief, but her hand was still hurting badly.

"They're still there, Slayer, just a bit askew and dangly." Dru giggled and held her hands up, holding her own fingers at odd angles. "I don't have time to keep tryin' to convince you of your own feelings, could keep tryin' 'til the end of time and it won't do no good. I don't know why my William was drawn to such daft girls after I set him free. It's time for me to pay a visit to my sweet Spike. Joshua, be a pet an' fetch my coat."

Joshua hurried to Dru, helping her into her coat.

Dru talked to him over her shoulder, "If the Slayer gives you any lip, you, and only you, have my permission to punch her or knock her out. No one else is to touch her."

"Really?!" Joshua asked excitedly. Then he grinned toothily at Buffy and cracked his knuckles. "Sweet!"

"But, take care that you don't hit her too hard." Dru wagged a finger at him. "If you kill or mortally wound her, I shall be very cross and have to gut you like a fish. I'll make it real slow-like and painful, too," she said as she mimed sticking a knife in his stomach, and then ripping upwards in a zigzagging fashion. "The Slayer needs to be alive for what comes next, and anyone who robs me of my perfect party will wish they were never born."

Joshua's grin faded, he cleared his throat. He swallowed and nodded. "R-right, Mistress. I'll be very careful if I have to hit her. I won't mess this up for you, promise!"

"You know what to do while I'm gone?" Dru asked.

He nodded. "Yes, Mistress, I've got the list." He patted his shirt pocket. "We'll have everything ready when you get back."

"And if anyone tries taking a piece of cake, what will you do?" she quizzed him.

"Uh... cake?" He fumbled in his shirt pocket and took the To-Do List out. He nervously checked it again. "I don't see cake on here... You want me to go to a bakery? There's one on Main St. that has the best --"

Drusilla sighed and pointed to Buffy. "She's the cake. She’s the present. She’s the bloody centerpiece!"

"Oh... right, okay." Joshua folded the list back up and put it back in his pocket.

"So, what will you do if anyone tries to have a taste of the cake?"

"I'll kill them, of course."

Dru smiled. "Good. No one is to harm one hair on the Slayer's daft head until I return. She's my present to Spike. Make sure you decorate her the way I told you."

"I will, Mistress."

"And you're not allowed to sneak a taste of her either. Unless you get some blood on your fist from punching her. Then you're allowed to lick it off your hand, but no licking the Slayer directly. You understand?"

"Yes, Mistress."

"Now, it's a different story if those little friends of the Slayer's come 'round lookin' for her. You and the rest of my helpers may slaughter them at your whim. And please do make sure to do it in front of her?"

He nodded and smiled again. "I hope they do come looking for her. I've wanted to kill that little prick, Xander Harris, for a long time. He was such a huge dork in high school. We'll make you proud, Mistress."

"Such a sweet and dutiful boy you are, Joshua. If you do a good job, Mummy may give you a special treat later." Dru grinned happily and patted his face. It was nice to have young vampires to guide sometimes; they could be so adorable and precocious at Joshua's age. "I'll be back soon with my sweet William." Dru hummed a merry tune as she started out of the mansion.

She stopped and took a red rose from a vase. She held it under her nose, closed her eyes and sniffed its fragrance. Red roses symbolized love -- Spike would appreciate the poetry in that.

With a grin on her face, Dru exited the mansion on a mission to get her man back. A minion with the keys to the van followed her.






The minion 'designated driver' dropped Drusilla off at Spike's cemetery. She wanted privacy for this next part -- no prying eyes or ears were allowed while she wooed Spike.

Drusilla had had visions about Spike before she'd made the decision to come back to Sunnydale for him. They were frightening visions that made her weep and tremble for hours. There were many possible terrible deaths that awaited Spike if he walked with the Slayer. She realized then that she needed to be with Spike. He was her darling, deadly boy, and it was her duty to love and protect him; protect him from the Slayer, and from himself.

It hadn't been fair of Dru to cast him off the way she did, she'd let her own wants, needs, and pride get in the way of doing what was best for Spike. But now she was going to make things right, like a good mummy would.

Dru had to make him choose the right path, by force, if necessary. This was Spike's last chance to be what he was, to be the man she fell in love with, to be the dark warrior with the heart of a poet he was always meant to be. If he didn't choose wisely... it would be the death of him, in more ways than one. The Slayer would gobble up everything he was, make Spike into nothing more than a shadow, and then the little bitch would spit him out, letting him sacrifice himself for her and her sanitized, dreary world.

Dru had rescued William in an alley over one hundred and twenty years ago -- she vowed to save him again.