Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is shorter than my usual. I didn't have to continue it this time! lol Only one more chapter to go!

Banner by xoChantelly
Buffy slowly blinked her eyes open. The soreness in certain parts of her body proved last night wasn't just some beautiful, highly erotic dream. It was 11am according the alarm clock on her nightstand. She'd thought she wouldn't wake up until some time after noon; it had been nearly six o'clock by the time she and Spike were finally spent and their sexual appetites sated.

Just as Buffy was wondering whether Spike was still here or if he'd snuck out during the night to avoid an awkward scene with her family in the morning, his arm slid around her waist and she felt his cool lips press lightly against her shoulder.

Buffy turned her head and smiled sleepily at him. Blinking the sleep from her eyes, she could see Spike had a matching sleepy, very pleased, smile on his face. “Hello.”

“'Ello, cutie. Didn't wake you, did I?”

“That would be a very nice way to wake up, but I was already awake. The sunlight's not too strong, is it?” The bedroom was suffused with a soft, golden glow from the sunlight filtering through the window blinds. It seemed to be diffused enough to not be a danger to Spike, but Buffy wasn't taking anything for granted where his safety was concerned.

“You don't smell bacon fryin', do ya?” Spike joked, then shook his head. “It's fine, no worries.”

They shared a tender kiss. Their lips were a bit swollen from all the smooching they'd engaged in the night before, but that wasn't going to stop them.

Spike had never experienced this much happiness before. Basking in Buffy's love made him feel as if he were bathed in sunlight, feeling the light and heat penetrate his skin, warming him down to the very marrow of his bones... but without the pesky spontaneous combustion side-effect.

Spike had had lots of happy moments in the past but this surpassed all of them. Having the chance to make love to Buffy was a dream come true, but waking up with her, seeing affection for him in her eyes and a satisfied smile on her lips, was as meaningful to him as the night of unbridled pleasure. It was like he'd told her: it wasn't just her body he craved. If she'd been cold and unfeeling toward him afterwards, it would've been a bittersweet victory at best.

“I was so bloody relieved to wake up in your bed with you next to me, and not alone back at the crypt,” Spike chuckled. “It really did finally happen, eh?”

“Mmhmm, oh yes, it definitely happened. I believe it happened seven times before we got too tired... I'd probably be a lot sorer right now if not for my speedy healing ability.”

“Just as well we quit when we did, some of my parts were startin' to chafe.”

They laughed lightly as they shifted position on the bed, Buffy rolled onto her back and Spike scooched over to give her more room. He let out a contented sigh as he settled against her side. The warmth of her body against his was as close to heaven as he’d ever get. He wanted to go to sleep and wake up feeling this every day for the rest of eternity.

“I'm glad you didn't leave,” Buffy said in a soft tone, trying not to get too emotional. This was a joyous occasion, not a time for getting maudlin.

Spike's smile turned down at the corners when he thought of how his girl had been wronged by the other men she'd let into her life. He silently vowed again to love his girl the way she deserved, and prove to her she was right to trust him with her battered heart.

He took her hand, closed his eyes and placed a soft kiss on her palm. He opened his eyes again and smiled. “I'm exactly where I want to be, Buffy. I'd stay right here with you forever if I could.”

Buffy nodded, sniffing back tears and finally letting go of all the worries and fears she'd harbored for so long. She was just feeling so many strong emotions, it was hard to keep control over them. Mainly she was feeling love for Spike, happiness that they'd finally gotten together (and the sex was fan-fucking-tastic!), and relief that he hadn't left or turned into an evil asshole overnight. She was also really ticked off at her subconscious mind for making her believe sleeping with Spike would be disastrous. All that worrying and anxiety had been for nothing... so much time wasted. They could've been loving and making each other happy all this time if not for...

'Don't think about how much time you wasted being a stupid basketcase. Focus on the positive,' Buffy told herself, successfully rerouting her thoughts in a happier direction. It was a huge relief waking up to find Spike was still in bed with her. And he obviously still loved her. He didn't even have to say it; his love for her was in his eyes and in his touch.

Switching to a more playful tone, Spike said, “'Spose I might have to get out of the bed when you want to change the sheets and such... but other than that, I ain't goin' nowhere.”

Buffy had the reaction he'd hoped, she giggled. A happy twinkle replaced the fleeting sadness he'd seen in her eyes a few moments ago.

“You'll be my love slave, at my beck and call 24/7?” she asked teasingly.

“Mmhmm, any bloody time of the day or night. If I happen to be away from your bedroom, you can always request a booty-call via cell phone. I'll come a' runnin'.” Spike waggled his eyebrows, and then leaned in to press another loving kiss to her lips.

“I could get used to this,” Spike murmured as their lips brushed together.

“Oh, so could I,” Buffy said with a contented sigh.

Just in case the light of day had Buffy second-guessing herself again, Spike wanted to make absolutely sure she had no lingering doubts. He pulled back to gaze into her eyes. “You really were incredible last night, pet. I knew you'd be amazing... and you were. Best I've ever had -- and I'm not just sayin' that.” They'd already given each other rave reviews for the sex, but for two surprisingly insecure people like them, who'd been burned one too many times, it bore repeating.

Buffy's smile expanded, she was so proud of herself and her performance. There was no question in her mind that she'd pleased Spike and met his high expectations; he was in no way disappointed, as she'd feared he would be. If she hadn't been certain last night, the way Spike's ocean-blue eyes sparkled, and the boyish grin lighting up his handsome face, told her that he had enjoyed it as much as she had; he wasn't just trying to make her feel better by saying complimentary things. She'd never seen someone look so happy and fulfilled, he was practically glowing.

Again, Buffy wanted to kick her own ass for being so nervous about the whole thing, how she'd completely convinced herself she'd be terrible in bed... And again, she chose to dwell on the good instead of the bad. She was feeling much too blissful at the moment to let any bad thoughts spoil her mood. She deserved to be happy.

Buffy touched his face, caressing a sharp cheekbone. “God... you were so... You're the best I've ever had -- and I'm not just saying that, either.”

“Yeah?” Spike turned his face to nuzzle her palm before kissing it. Like Buffy, he was also feeling extremely proud of himself. The pressure he'd put on himself to be perfect for her hadn't negatively affected his stamina or performance, as he'd feared it might.

“Mmm-hmm, you rocked my world, baby. That's the first... and probably the last time I should ever use that phrase. I can't pull it off.” They chuckled. “You certainly delivered on your promise of working my body into fits of ecstasy.”

“What about screaming abandon?” Spike asked, arching an eyebrow.

“There was plenty of that too. God, if I knew what I was missing... I woulda fucked the hell outta you the first time I saw you,” Buffy said with a naughty gleam in her eyes. She liked how talking that way with Spike made her feel, and she definitely liked the effect it had on him.

“Ooh, listen to you... usin' coarse language all casual-like. Careful now...” he touched his top teeth with the tip of his tongue, “... you know what hearin' you talk dirty does to me, luv.”

“So,” Buffy purred, running her hands lightly up and down his strong biceps, “does that mean you want more than one roll in the hay with me? Not satisfied with just the one night?”

Spike shook his head. “One night ain't even close to bein' enough. I'm completely addicted to you. In fact... I wouldn't mind havin' a little taste to tide me over for the rest of the day.” He waggled his eyebrows. “If you're not too sore, 'course.”

Buffy giggled, surprised to be feeling a bit frisky herself. She'd thought it would be a day or so before she felt up to shagging again, but she was definitely hungry for more. “What about your chafed parts?” She raised an eyebrow and glanced between their bodies. “Don't they need time to... un-chafe?”

“I've got speedy healing ability too. Comes in handy for healin' more than just broken bones. Everything's all nice 'n healed, smooth as a baby's bum.” Spike growled and nibbled at the side of her neck.

Buffy grinned and closed her eyes, tilting her head to the side to give him more nibbling room. Spike found a spot just below her ear that Buffy found she particularly enjoyed having nibbled. Due to Spike's thoroughness last night, Buffy had discovered a few more erogenous zones on her own body that she never knew existed.

“Mmmmm, ohh Spike... right there...” she moaned, reaching down to stroke his manhood.

A moment later, there was a knocking at Buffy's door. Spike and Buffy froze; until that moment, they'd forgotten anyone else existed in the world besides each other.

“W-who is it?” Buffy called. She whispered to Spike, “Shit, the soundproofing spell wore off... and I can't remember if I locked the door. I wouldn't have forgotten to lock the door... right?”

Spike shrugged, not knowing the answer. Buffy had forgotten little details such as letting him know there was an anti-vamp barrier on her house... so it was very possible she could have forgotten to lock her bedroom door. Spike was grateful Dawn hadn't just walked in... and, with what he'd been about to do to Buffy, it would've been worse if Dawn had walked in a minute from now.

“You up, Buffy?” Dawn answered.

“Uh... sorta. I mean... I just woke up. Don't come in -- I'm not dressed.”

“Can you come out here? I need to ask you something.”

“Shit,” Buffy whispered again. “I don't want her to figure out you're in here. Could you...” she grimaced, hating having to ask this of him, “... hide in the closet until I get rid of her? I'm sorry, but it might upset Dawn...”

Spike frowned. “You want me to hide?” Seeing the pleading look on Buffy's face, and her bottom lip beginning to jut out in a sad pout, made him drop his objection. “Alright... if I must,” he said in a sigh.

Buffy gave him a quick kiss on the lips. “Thanks for understanding, baby.”

Spike slid out of bed and started hurriedly picking up his clothes. If he was Slayer-whipped before the sex, he was even more so now. It would be hard for him to say no to anything Buffy wanted... He'd have to work at evening the playing field a bit more in the future. But for now, he'd do just about anything to make Buffy happy.

“Buffy, did you hear me?” Dawn asked.

“Yeah, I heard you. Just a second!” Buffy pulled on her robe and kicked her discarded lingerie under the bed.

With his arms full of his clothes, Spike rolled his eyes and sighed dramatically as he opened the closet and stepped inside.

Buffy patted the closet door and whispered, “Thanks, it won't take long.”

Buffy looked at herself in the mirror to make sure she looked alright. She couldn't help stopping and smiling at her reflection for a moment -- she looked different. The joyous, contented look on her face wasn't one she was used to seeing in the mirror. 'Ah, so *that's* what a woman who's in love and just had the best sex of her life looks like.'

Buffy shook off her musings, smoothed down her tousled hair and took a deep breath. She rolled her eyes when she turned the doorknob and found that it was locked, she needn't have worried about Dawn barging in. But it made her feel a bit better knowing that at least she hadn't forgotten that one important thing. She unlocked, and then opened the bedroom door just enough for her to squeeze through and stepped out, quickly shutting it behind her.

“Okay, what is it?" Buffy asked impatiently.

Dawn raised her eyebrows. "Rude much? How about a 'good morning'?"

Buffy closed her eyes and took a calming breath, then forced a cheery smile. "Good morning, little sis! What did you want to ask me?"

Dawn smiled. "That's better. I wanted to ask if you'd like some pancakes."

Buffy blinked. "Pancakes? You made me get out of bed and come out here to ask me if I wanted pancakes?

“What's so bad about that? You got something against pancakes?”

Buffy struggled to keep her annoyance from crossing over into bitchiness. “It didn't require me coming out into the hall, that's all. You could've asked me through the door.”

“Hmm, yeah, I guess that's true... Sorry. I'll remember that for next time.” Dawn shrugged. “So, do you want some pancake-y goodness or not?”

Buffy was going to say no, but her stomach growled to let her know she really was hungry. 'Guess I worked up quite an appetite last night,' she thought with an inward grin. “Yeah... I guess I'll have some.”

“I'll call you when they're ready.”

“Thanks, Dawn.”

Buffy started to turn, but stopped short when Dawn said, "Oh, does Spike want pancakes, too? There's some leftover blood in the fridge, he can use it for syrup.”

Buffy's eyes widened, she gulped and turned back to her little sister. "Um... Spike?" She laughed nervously. "Why would Spike be here? Of course Spike's not here. Why would you think he was here? I mean, here is not where Spike is... obviously."

"Oh, please, Buffy..." Dawn groaned with a roll of her eyes. "Either you and Spike were knockin' boots in your room last night or you're the loudest masturbator in history. And it would mean you were doing a guy's voice some of the time... which makes it extra disturbing."

Buffy gasped as a flush began creeping up her neck, thinking of how loud she had been at certain times last night. And Spike had done his share of shouting and roaring too. They'd both reveled in being as rowdy and raucous as they wanted to be...

After Buffy recovered from the shock, she took Dawn by the arm and pulled her inside the bedroom, closing the door quickly.

"You h-heard...? Oh my God!” Buffy put her hands over her face, thoroughly embarrassed; she knew her face had to be a very deep shade of red. “The spell was supposed to soundproof my room! I tested it -- you couldn't have heard! Mom heard, too?! Willow promised the spell would --"

Dawn laughed and held her hands up in submission. "Whoa, take a pill! I didn't think you'd totally spazz-out. I didn't hear anything."

Buffy slowly lowered her hands from her face and stared at her sister in confusion. "...Huh?"

"I said I didn't hear anything, I was just messin' with you. I put two and two together and figured out that you were going to ask Spike to 'sleep over'."

Buffy's lip curled into a snarl, her right eye twitched, and her hands curled into tight fists. “You almost gave me a heart attack -- for a joke?!” she hissed.

“Sorry, it was supposed to be funny!” Dawn backed up a step, worried she'd gone too far with this particular joke. “I didn't know you'd get so freaked out.”

A thump was heard coming from in the closet, followed by a muttered curse word.

“He's in there, huh?” Dawn asked, glancing at the closet.

Buffy sighed and hung her head.

Dawn rapped lightly on the door. “It's okay, you can come out now, Spike.”

“Uh... no I can't,” came his muffled reply. He was still just holding his clothes in front of him.

“Oh, didn't have time to get dressed?” Dawn did her best to not picture Spike naked. She was getting over her crush on him, but she was still a red-blooded female and he was still a very hot man.

Buffy rubbed her eyes. “If you didn't... hear anything, how did you figure out Spike was here, Sherlock?”

“It was little clues here and there. How you acted last night while we were watching the movies was the biggest clue, I could tell there was something you were nervous about. It was more of a, 'Oh, something really cool is going to happen and I can't wait!' kind of nervous, not the usual 'Something terrible is about to happen and I've gotta be ready for it!' nervous. When I combined that with the candles, flowers, incense and the other new, romantic-type stuff you bought, it wasn't hard to figure out.”

“Congratulations,” Buffy groaned. She wasn't happy about the fact that Dawn had apparently been snooping around in her room, but she'd let it go... for now. “Mom doesn't know too... does she?”

Dawn shook her head no. “I don't think so. She's not acting funny and she didn't say anything to me.”

“She might be getting suspicious that you've been gone so long, you'd better get back downstairs.”

“Mom's out front talking to Mrs. Kravitz, she'll be busy for at least another half hour if I don't rescue her by lying and saying she has a phone call or something.”

Buffy had gotten snared by their gossipy, talkative next-door neighbor a few times herself. There simply was no polite, honest way to get away from that woman once she started talking to you. “Poor Mom... but that does give Spike a chance to leave the house without her seeing him.”

“I've gotta leave the bloody closet first...” Spike griped.

“Sorry, Spike, I'll leave so you can come out,” Dawn said through the door. “I won't rescue Mom until Spike leaves through the backyard. I'll be in the kitchen,” she told Buffy.

Buffy ushered Dawn to the door, but stopped just before turning the knob, needing to ask her something.

"Are you okay with... this?" Buffy asked in a lower voice as she glanced at the closet and then back to Dawn.

Dawn smiled a bit and nodded. "Yeah, I am. I know I've... been a jerk about it sometimes, but I really do want you guys to be happy together. Are you happy?"

Buffy tried to not smile too brightly or nod as enthusiastically as she wanted to. Dawn was trying to be mature about it, and Buffy didn't want to rub her extreme happiness in her lovelorn sister's face. "Yeah, I really am. And I know Spike is, too.”

“Good. Are we still going to the museum together this afternoon, or are you too... tired?” Dawn asked, raising her eyebrows.

“You still want to go to see the art exhibit, Spike?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah, I plan on goin'. Still have to leave the bloody closet first...”

Dawn nodded and opened the door. "Buffy, did you have Willow do the soundproofing when Riley used to sleep over?" she asked with a teasing smile.

Buffy gave her a warning look. "Dawn..."

The teen smirked as she backed out the door. "I'm just sayin'... I never heard a peep."

Buffy closed the bedroom door and shook her head, then hurried over to the closet and opened it. She couldn't help smiling at Spike looking sheepish and still using his bundle of clothes to cover his nakedness. He looked so cute!

“She finally gone?” he grumbled.

Buffy nodded. “Sorry it took so long.”

Spike stepped out of the closet and went over to the bed, putting his clothes down on the mattress.

It wasn't easy for Buffy to think straight with Spike's beautiful, sculpted body on full display. She found herself licking her lips and wanting to throw him down on the bed and have her way with him again... But she did her best to curb her potent desire; now wasn't a good time for lovin'. “What was that thumping sound we heard?”

“Dropped one of my boots. Sorry, luv.”

“It's alright, the jig was up -- she already knew you were in the room somewhere. I kinda gave it away by going mental when she said she'd heard us... My little sister has a really twisted sense of humor. I wish we could afford to send her to a therapist.”

“Well... on the bright side, I think it shows she's not too angry or jealous 'bout us being together. And if takin' the piss outta us helps her deal with losing the world's sexiest, most handsome male to her big sis, that's alright with me.”

Buffy snorted a laugh. “Yeah, I guess you're right.”

Spike pulled his jeans on. “If only Dawn woulda waited a while longer before playing her joke... we woulda had a chance to start the day off right.”

Buffy started looking in her bureau for something to wear. “Yet another reason to kick her bony ass.”

“So... it was quiet when Captain Cardboard stayed over, eh?” Spike smirked. While it made him want to heave to think of her with Riley, it did make Spike happy to know ol' Soldier Boy never made Buffy scream with pleasure.

“Yes... it was very quiet. I told you I never made that much noise with anyone else.” She glanced slyly at him before going back to picking out a shirt. “Something told me it'd be different with you, and I couldn't've been more right.”

“Your mum knew when he stayed here?”

“Yeah, I let her know ahead of time. I could tell she wasn't crazy about it, but she didn't complain. I think she felt guilty that I had to move back home so she didn't want to tell me I couldn't have my boyfriend stay over.”

“Will you tell her when I stay overnight in the future, or will I be hidin' in closets and rushin' out the backdoor while someone keeps Joyce busy every time?”

Buffy heard the change in his voice. He'd said it with a touch of dry humor, but she detected a hint of pain. It wasn't until that moment that Buffy realized how Spike might have interpreted some of the things she'd said and done. Spike was a little (maybe more than a little) hurt that he wasn't afforded the same privileges Riley had been given.

She turned to him. There was a smile on his face, but she saw hurt in his eyes just before he looked down to put on his boots. Buffy went over and sat on the bed next to Spike. She put her hand on his back, rubbing in small circles, then pressed a kiss to his shoulder. “I'm sorry I made you hide... that wasn't fair.”

Spike half-shrugged as he laced up his boots. “However you want to handle things is fine by me, Buffy. Long as I get to be with you... that's what matters. I'm not gonna be greedy or needy, or do any of the annoying things your exes did. If you want me to sneak in through -- or fall in through -- the window every time, then that's what I'll do.”

Buffy felt awful for making Spike feel less deserving of being treated with dignity and respect than any of her other boyfriends. She knew he had issues involving them, just as she had issues regarding the women he'd been with. She knew he'd had nightmares of her leaving him to take up with one of the men from her past. Why did she do and say so many (unintentionally) mean, hurtful things to him? Leave it to her to spoil Spike's good mood by being insensitive!

Suddenly, everything became much more clear to Buffy. It didn't matter if everyone knew Spike had stayed over and what they'd been doing all night. All that mattered was making sure Spike knew he was second-to-none; she loved and respected him even more than any other man she'd been with. If she thought it would help make things up to him, she'd go outside with a bullhorn and announce to the neighborhood that they'd spent the night together.

“You want to stay for pancakes?” Buffy asked with a hopeful, conciliatory smile, leaning against his side. “We've got the blood-syrup for ya. I prefer maple syrup, myself. Whaddya say, are you up for brunch with the Summers girls?”

“Nah,” Spike said neutrally with a shake of his head. “I wouldn't want to intrude. I'll just have my breakfast when I get back to the crypt.”

Buffy frowned. “You wouldn't be intruding, Spike. My family is crazy about you... and I'm more than a little crazy about you, too.” She hugged his arm for a moment.

Spike smiled faintly, glancing at her. “Thanks for the invite, but I'd rather just get home and maybe get in a short nap before the museum.”

He wasn't as okay with everything as he claimed to be -- she could tell. Anxiety began coiling in the pit of Buffy's empty stomach, mushrooming and becoming larger by the second. She tried to explain, hoping she didn't screw everything up already. “Last night was a special case -- I wanted us to have as much privacy as possible. I thought asking you to come through my window would be more romantic too, kinda like Romeo climbing up Juliet's balcony, you know? I didn't want Mom or Dawn to know you were here because it was our first time being together and... And there was Dawn's crush on you to consider, I never know how she's going to be handling it from one day to the next.”

“I know, luv. It's alright,” Spike assured her as he slipped his t-shirt on over his head.

Despite his assurance, Buffy didn't feel very... assured. He was upset -- he was trying to hide it, but he was definitely upset. She continued to nervously ramble, hoping she could convince him she wasn't an evil bitch who couldn't help herself from hurting him at every given opportunity.

“You won't have to sneak in or hide again, I promise. I didn't realize doing things the way I did might hurt your feelings -- but I should've thought about it and done things differently. For one thing, I wouldn't like it if we were at the crypt and you told me to hide if someone you knew showed up, but that's what I did to you and I feel terrible...

“I'll make it up to you any way you want. We can do the spanking thing, or I could go down on you for an hour straight or until my jaw hurts too much, we could do light bondage, or... well, there is some stuff I just can't do, but... Oh God, I'm babbling like I did in those hundreds of phone messages I left you.” Buffy sighed and rubbed her forehead. In a small, anxious voice she said, “Everything was so perfect... Please don't tell me I ruined it.”

Spike smiled as he stood and pulled his duster on. His spirits had flagged a bit when he thought he would always be sneaking in windows and leaving clandestinely, but he was over it already. It touched his heart to see Buffy so nervous, worrying that she'd unintentionally hurt his feelings and trying desperately to convince him she was sorry. He wasn't the only one in this relationship willing to do anything to make the other happy. The playing field wasn't so uneven, after all.

“Hey, c'mere.” Spike took her hands and pulled her up to stand with him, then put his hands on her waist, bent slightly at the knees and looked into her eyes. “You are so bloody adorable. Relax, pet. I know it wasn't your plan to make me feel slighted. Even if I was feeling a bit... glum momentarily, you fixed it by tellin' me it won't always have to be a secret when I stay overnight. Although, I wouldn't mind climbing through your window once in a while... sneakin' around from time to time would be fun.

“I'm not angry or upset, I'm not gonna run off and disappear again. We're past all that bollocks now. We don't assume the worst and run away like we did before.” Spike sighed with regret. “I'm sorry I've been such a git... takin' offense to every little thing. But I'm not gonna be that way anymore, you don't have to worry so much. Okay?”

Buffy's pout melted into a smile, she put her arms around his neck. “Are you sure? You're not mad or sad?”

“I'm sure.”

To say she was relieved would be an understatement. “Okay.” Buffy let out a breath, relaxing. “Sorry about the rambling... I went into damage control mode.”

“You're cute when you ramble,” Spike said, then kissed the tip of her nose.

“I really didn't ruin everything by being a poo-head?”

“You didn't ruin anything, pet,” he reassured her again. Spike nuzzled her ear and whispered, “Do you know how much it would take to make me unhappy after last night? It'd be damn near impossible.”

“I wanted to kick myself in the ass for putting a damper on our morning after-glow. We do have to practice being quiet when we do it in my bedroom, though.”

Spike pulled back, raising and lowering his eyebrows. “Practice makes perfect, as they say. I think we'll need lotsa practice... it can take me a while to learn new things.” He curled his tongue up over his top lip.

Buffy giggled. “That's another thing we have in common. Yes, I think we'll have to do a lot of practicing. But there also wouldn't be any harm in asking Willow for a bunch of pre-made soundproofing spells until we master the art of quiet sex.”

“Sounds like a plan, luv. Well..” he sighed, “'spose I should get going in case your mum manages to break free from your chatty neighbor.”

Buffy frowned a bit, reluctant to let him go. “Yeah, I guess you should. Mom's probably prepared to gnaw her own foot off to get away by now.”

To make sure Buffy didn't have lingering doubts as to his okay-ness with the morning's events, Spike covered her mouth with his, holding her firmly in his arms and kissing her thoroughly. Buffy moaned and sank into the kiss, holding him tighter.

They both figured they should stop (before getting carried away) at the same time. They smiled flirtatiously at each other and took some steadying breaths as they separated.

“Right. I'll meet up with you in the lobby of the museum around three-ish?” Spike asked as he moved toward the door.

“Oh, wait a minute.” Buffy held up a finger and went back to her bureau. “I want to ask you something real quick.”

Spike raised an eyebrow and went to stand next to her. “It's not about pancakes, is it?”

Buffy laughed, “No, not about pancakes.” She held out two handfuls of her underwear. “Which one of these do you like the best?”

Spike gave her a naughty smirk. “You gonna wear the one I pick?”

She bit her lip. “Maybe.”

Spike pursed his lips, inspecting the panties and thongs she was holding. “Bloody hell, this isn't an easy decision... but...” He pointed to a pink, satiny pair. “This one.”

“Excellent choice.” She turned around and put the rest of the underwear back in the drawer, then held out the pink pair Spike had chosen. “You can take them.”

Spike gave her an amused, but puzzled smile. “What?”

“I want you to have my undies.”

Spike looked at her sideways. “You... don't want me to wear 'em, do ya? I don't even wear men's knickers, I don't fancy the idea of puttin' on panties.”

Buffy laughed again. “No, you silly vampire, I'm just giving them to you. I want you to have them at your place for times when we can't... you know, get together because of work or school or whatever. You can look at them and think of me.” She batted her eyes at him.

Spike smiled and took the panties, bringing them to his nose for a quick sniff before stuffing them in his pocket. He believed he understood what Buffy hoped to convey with this gesture: she forgave him for nicking her things in the past, and wanted to give him something he might've stolen back in the days when he thought that was as close as he'd ever get to being with her.

“This is sorta like that beautiful moment at the end of the movie 'Glen or Glenda' when Glen's girlfriend gives him her angora sweater to show him she's okay with his transvestitism,” Spike remarked.

“Spoiler alert! Thanks a lot, I haven't seen that movie yet.” Buffy chuckled. “Okay... yeah, sure, it's sorta like that. Only, like I said, you don't have to wear them... unless you really want to.”

Spike smirked and pulled her into a hug. “Love the present, pet. It's just what I wanted -- how did you know?”

“I had a hunch you'd like it,” Buffy said, brushing her lips against his.

“You know... if you still feel bad about makin' me hide in the closet, you can do some of those things you mentioned you'd be willing to do to make it up to me... Only to make you feel better and ease your conscience 'bout the whole thing, of course.”

“We'll see,” Buffy replied with a naughty smile.

Spike snorted a laugh. “You should make a list of things I'd need to do to make something up to you, too -- with our bloody track record, won't be long ‘fore we'll need it.”

“I'm already making a list in my head.”

Spike started for the door again.

“Spike, wait. Aren't you forgetting something?”

Spike frowned for a moment, not knowing what she could be referring to. After a moment, he went back to Buffy and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

She laughed and shook her head. “Well, it was nice to get an extra kiss, but I was talking about your blanket.” Buffy pointed to the gray blanket he'd had the foresight to bring with him last night.

“Oh...” Spike picked up his trusty traveling blanket. “I woulda been missin' this right about the time I burst into flame. Thanks, luv. My brain hasn't un-scrambled from last night just yet.”

“Please be careful on your way home, I don't want anything bad happening to you. I love you.” Saying those words to Spike, and seeing how happy it made him to hear those words, made her feel so good inside, so warm and content.

“I love you too, Buffy. I'll be careful, no worries.”

After one more sweet kiss, Spike went back to the bedroom door. He hesitated a moment, his hand on the knob, and looked back at her. "You do realize you have no hope whatsoever of getting rid of me now, dontcha?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.

"That's okay; I kinda like having you around these days. You've sorta grown on me."

Spike winked, and then went out into the hall, closing the door behind him.

Buffy sighed, her shoulders slumping, missing Spike the moment the door blocked him from her view. She shook her head and laughed softly to herself. There was no denying it, she had it bad for The Big Bad. Buffy was already in love with Spike before they had sex, but after the most passionate, most physically and spiritually fulfilling experience she'd ever had... Spike was crazy if he thought he would ever get rid of her now. She was just as addicted to him as he was to her. She wanted to be with Spike as much as possible -- whether sharing a meal, fighting side-by-side slaying demons, or alone and rutting like crazed weasels.

Pulling herself from her musings, Buffy went to her closet and picked out what she wanted to wear for the day. Laying her outfit out on the bed she realized that before she dressed, she really needed a shower. She was surprised Dawn hadn't commented on the musky smell of sex permeating the room. She frowned at thinking perhaps Dawn was just saving some more alleged 'comedy' material for later...

Buffy opened the blinds and windows to help the room air-out a bit, then stripped the sheets off her bed. She remembered the soiled towel that had been kicked under her bed and picked it up, along with her lingerie, before heading for the bathroom.

After her shower, a call to Willow and Tara would be in order. Buffy wouldn't have time to give them more than a general rating of the evening (which was A++++... or should that be XXX+++), but she could tell them more at the Magic Box later. She had to let her friends, who had helped make everything so perfect, know that her night with Spike had been more magical than she'd ever imagined it could be.

Buffy stepped under the shower spray, tilting her head back and letting the warm water rain down on her. She thought, 'Mmmm, this feels so good. Showers are awesome. But... showering with Spike... ohh, that sounds good. Getting him all wet... rivulets of water running down his sculpted torso and dripping from the ends of his curly hair... I could help wash his back... and other hard-to-reach areas...'

Dawn really needed an ass-kicking for interrupting them this morning...

With images of a wet, glistening Spike running through her mind, Buffy was just barely able to get her libido back under control as she rinsed the shampoo from her hair. She considered diddling herself there in the shower, but using her own hand (or even the shower massager) didn't appeal to her at all. Getting off by any means other than Spike touching her seemed... unnatural. Not only had Spike ruined her for all other men, he'd apparently ruined her for masturbation too... at least for the time being. She idly wondered how she could be so horny so soon after an entire night of carnal delights. Maybe Spike had awakened her inner-nympho?

Buffy was curious if Spike was having the same sort of naughty thoughts about her.

And, of course, he was.