Author's Chapter Notes:
We're in the endgame now.
A week later, Buffy finally got the call she was dreading. On the special phone Willow had given her.

“Buffy,” his smooth voice said.

“Xander,” she said. Forcing herself to sound so sweet and syrupy it made her want to puke. “Hi.”

“How have you been keeping?” he asked.

“The usual,” she said. Casually.

“You have everything you need?” he asked.

I need the truth, she thought. You son of a bitch. What did you do?

“Almost,” she said. Suggestively.

Which made him chuckle.

“Are you free tonight?” he asked. Sounding like he was enjoying himself far too much.

“I’ll have to consult my schedule,” she said. Evenly.

“I already have,” Xander said. “You’re having dinner with me. And then back to your place after.”

“I see,” Buffy said. “Anything else?”

“Pick the sexiest dress you have,” he said. “I’m going to
enjoy taking it off later.”

Before she could respond, he’d hung up the phone.

Bastard, Buffy thought.

Buffy picked up her own phone and dialed Faith.

“Do you have it?” she asked. Carefully.

“Yeah,” Faith said. “I’ll bring it over.”

Fifteen minutes later, the brunette was knocking at her door. When Buffy opened the door, she found Faith holding up a USB.

“This little thing?” Buffy asked. Then, taking it from her, examined it diffidently.

“Just plug it into his laptop,” Faith said. “And my boys will do the rest. Trust me.”

Buffy paused.

“How did you get them to help?” she asked.

“Does it matter?” Faith asked. Snippily.

“Maybe,” Buffy said. Folding her hands across herself.

Faith sighed.

“They wouldn’t do it for good old cash,” the brunette said. “So I….”

Buffy raised a brow.

“Sent them what you would call a ‘saucy snapshot’”, Faith added.

“Nothing NSFW, mind. Just risqué,” she added. When Buffy shook her head. “Some would even call it tasteful.”

“So… are we good?” Faith asked. Eyeing her former friend warily.

Buffy responded by giving Faith the finger. Then slammed the door shut in her face.

“Not by a longshot,” she muttered.

Two hours later…

Xander was standing at his office window. His nimble fingers lightly tapping the phone as he admiring the sealine view.

When he heard the door swing open, he let out an irritable hiss.

“Didn’t I say I didn’t want to be disturbed?” he snarled. When he didn’t get a response, he looked over.

To see Buffy Anne Summers standing there. Wearing a one-piece Satin outfit that highlighted every dangerous curve.
Her hair down. Her makeup flawless.

“I’m sorry,” she said. Placing both hands on her hips to highlight her perfect figure. “I’m not disturbing you, am I?

Christ, Xander thought. As his greedy eyes feasted on all she had to offer. Her lovely breasts. Her slim waist. Her long legs. The left of which she dipped a little to brush her right.

Xander also noted the pricey necklace she’d donned, the golden watch on her wrist, and expensive rings adoring her fingers. And the designer pumps.

Someone’s been spending Daddy’s money, he thought. Worth ever goddamn penny.

“Buffy,” he said. Grinning. “You look sensational.”

Xander casually glanced at it his watch. It was barely 7 pm.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Where have you been this past week?” she enquired.

Shutting the door behind her.

“Been busy,” he said. Casually. Leaning back on his desk.
As if to judge its stability for a quickie. Then moving to sit behind his desk. “Why? Been missing me?”

He leaned back in his chair as Buffy walked over to his glass window, then shut the blinds.

“You,” she said. “Have been making me wait.”

“Guilty,” he said.

“What if I don’t wanna wait?” Buffy asked. Flirtatiously.

“Yeah?” he asked. Leaning back in his chair. “Come over here, then.”

Buffy gave him a winning smile, then slowly began walking over. When she was almost at his desk, she casually gave it a once over. Making sure his laptop was on it. Which it was.

Nice and easy, she thought. Nice and easy.

Xander, focused as he was on her, didn’t even notice.

Buffy took a seat on his mahogany desk, then leaned back a little and crossed her legs seductively. Her left hand, in which she’d concealed the USB, was just inches away from the laptop now.

“Christ, you’re so sexy,” Xander said. Running his eyes up and down her body as he undid his tie.

Buffy knew exactly what he had in mind. Him and her on the mahogany desk of his office.

“Tell me something I don’t know,” Buffy said. Haughtily.

When he rose from his chair, Buffy, acting on instinct, placed her hand on his chest and shoved him back down.

“Not yet,” she said. Playfully. Then, leaning forward, began undoing his tie.

Suddenly, Buffy sniffed the air.

“Is that you?” she asked. Crinkling her nose and making a sour face.

“I just finished my office workout,” he said. Defensively.

“What, no shower?” she asked. Raising her eyebrows.

“I was planning to,” he said. “Once I finished up here.”

“Go take a shower,” Buffy said. Leaning back. "I'll wait."

“How about some company?” he asked.Eagerly.

Buffy gave him an appraising look.

“This,” she said. Gesturing to her currently glammed up self. “Took me an hour to put together. Kapish?”

Xander sighed. Then stepped away from the desk and towards his office shower. When he looked back, he saw Buffy was in his chair now. And had put up her feet on his desk. Tapping her high heels on them.

“Don’t go anywhere,” he said. She responded with a saucy look.

Buffy watched him step into the shower and shut the door behind him. She waited a moment.

Then another. When the water finally began running, she leaned forward and, taking hold of the laptop, quickly put the USB into it.

Then, retrieving her phone from her pocket, texted the geeks.

We’re a go, she texted. Hurry.

On it, came back the immediate reply.

Buffy found herself fiddling nervously as the laptop screen flickered.

You in? she asked. Sending another text.

Yes, came back the reply. We need a couple of minutes. There’s a lot of information.

Hurry, she texted. Biting her lip nervously and flexing her fingers. Glancing at the glass door that separated his office from his bathroom.

Buffy heard the water stop. Xander began to hum.

Buffy quickly calculated. It had been what two or three minutes? Tops?

How much longer, she texted back.

A few minutes, they replied. Five tops.

Jesus, Buffy thought. Resisting the urge to stamp her incredibly trendy Christian Louboutin heels into the carpet.

When she heard the door opened, Buffy sprang up on the desk like a cat. And placing her right leg over her left leg, struck a sexy pose.

Buffy saw Xander step back out into the office. Wearing only a towel around his waist.

Five more minutes, Buffy thought. Tops.

“All done,” he said. Gesturing to himself.

“I can see that,” Buffy said. Lowering her head a little, she began running a finger through her hair.

Buffy looked behind her. The laptop screen was flickering. Another two steps and he’d notice.

At any cost, Buffy thought.

When he took another two step forward, Buffy sprung to her feet.

“You know,” Buffy began. “I think….”

“Yes?” he asked. His eyes slightly suspicious.

At any cost, Buffy thought again.

She stepped forward now. Directly into his line of sight and blocking the view of his desk.

“I think I will take you up on that shower invitation after all,” she said. Lightly touching him on the chest.

“Unless you’ve changed your mind.”

Xander paused. Then smiled.

“I…” he began. His hand sliding around her waist, he stepped back. Pulling her with him in direction of the bathroom.

“Never,” he added. Kissing her neck now. Buffy sighed in exasperation. Then, in afterthought added a little ‘oh god’ to it.

Am I really gonna do this? she asked herself. She looked back. To see the laptop screen still flickering.

At any cost, she told herself. Remember?

“Change my mind,” he added. Then Buffy found herself being slung over his shoulder. When he began quickly carrying her to the bathroom, she saw his towel lying on the floor behind them. Forgotten.

When she saw his heel slam the door shut behind them, Buffy shut her eyes.

At any cost, Buffy thought to herself.

“Where do you want to go for dinner?” he asked. Xander was getting dressed by the window. The sun had long since gone down. “I don’t know about you, but I’m starving.”

Buffy looked over at him. She said nothing as she pulled her clothes back on. Her mind busy searching for a way to extricate herself from his presence.

To go home and pour over whatever the tech geeks had found her.

“Do you like the way I look?” Buffy asked. Sharply.

“Huh?” he asked.

“Do. You. Like. The. Way. I. Look?” Buffy asked. Icily.

“Yeah,” he said. Frowning now. “Why?”

“Because,” Buffy said. “I didn’t get to look this way by eating dinner. Or lunch.”

“Huh,” Xander said. “Well, touché, I guess.”

“Besides,” Buffy said. Picking up her purse. At the bottom of which she’d quickly stashed the USB when he wasn’t looking.

“I already got exactly what I needed.”