Ever since he’d received the USB in the mail weeks ago, William tried to push it out of his mind. Pretend it didn’t exist.

It had growing increasingly difficult. He found himself having difficulty even looking at Buffy. Their conversations had grown awkward. Stilted.

He’d fallen back on that old lawyerly excuse – being far too overworked.

Buffy had backed off and given him space, but she didn’t seem entirely convinced by his explanation.

Then, at nights, he lay awake. Staring at the ceiling. Or at her as she slept. For hours upon hours.

Wondering who she was. How much he knew her. Or if he knew her at all.

Was she the woman he loved most in the world? Or the temptress who’d seduced Xander as payback for his betrayal? Or both? William didn’t know anymore.

Nor could he get what he’d seen out of his mind. Throughout his long, weary days, the images of Buffy and Xander would randomly flash before his eyes.

During his morning coffee – Buffy on the bed. In the raincoat. Waiting for Xander.

When he was in the shower – Buffy and Xander. Kissing.
Driving to work – Xander lifting Buffy up and into the
air.

Waiting at the watercooler – Buffy wrapping her legs around Xander’s waist. High heels dangling at the edge of her feet.

When he was at his desk with case papers strewn across his table – Xander carrying Buffy across the bed.

Going over the cases in his boss’ office – Buffy running her hands all over Xander’s muscled shoulders and back.

Even when he was in court – Xander laying Buffy down on the bed.

Sometimes, he’d stop and stare into space. Other times he’d trail off mid-sentence.

Everyone knew he was off. That something was wrong. His bosses. His colleagues. The judges. Hell, even opposing counsel seemed to cast a sympathetic glance in his direction.

Finally, his boss called him into the office.

“You need a vacation boy,” Rupert said. In his lilting, southern tone. “I’m sending you home. Come back when you’ve cleared your head.”

William wanted to protest. But he knew Giles was right. He knew he was of no use to anyone right now – least of all his clients who deserved the best defence he could provide. He just nodded at Giles and left.

William had spent the next few day locked in his study. Feigning illness. Buffy had attempted to play nursemaid but William was having none of it. He’d told him he was worried she’d catch it too. Whatever he pretended to have.

He’d confined himself to his couch and kept his eyes on the little TV in the corner. Never did he dare even look in the direction of his office desk.

Then, one day, Buffy said she was going out. Client meetings all day. After she left, William waited another hour. To make sure she was gone.

Then, he finally did it. Unlocked his desk and retrieved the USB from his desk. For a while, he just stared at it.

I have to know, he thought. I need to…

Finally, William inserted it into his new office laptop.

Then, taking a deep breath, William double-clicked on the video labelled For Your Eyes Only.

The video immediately resumed from where it had left off.

Buffy laid out on the bed. Xander leaning over her.

The billionaire was staring at his wife. Like a predator eyeing his prey. Like he wanted to devour her whole.

William could see it in Buffy’s eyes. On her face. As plain as day.

Buffy wanted Xander. A man she professed to loathing – forcefully and frequently. Wanted him bad.

It left William reeling. Before he could blink, Xander had dipped down and taken Buffy’s lips. In a torrid, tempestuous kiss.


“‘Mmmmm,” Buffy murmured. Approvingly. Her hands caressing his shoulders and back.

The sight of it was a body blow to William. He found himself jolted out of his chair and on the other side of the room. Shell-shocked at what he’d seen.

What am I doing? he wondered. Again. Running his hands through his hair.

William found himself pressing his face against the door. Screwing his eyes shut. But he could still see it. Buffy and Xander. Kissing passionately.

Worse, he could still hear them.

Buffy ‘mmming’. Xander growling.

Moments later, he heard the sounds of their bodies shifting.

Buffy’s breathing became even heavier. As did Xander’s.

I have to know, William thought. I need to…

A few more moments passed.

“Oh,” Buffy whispered.

That was followed by the sounds of more kissing. And bodies further shifting.

Soon, his wife’s breathing quickened. As did the billionaire’s.

Finally, a faint sound. So imperceptible William had to strain to hear it.

“Uhhhh,” Buffy whispered. “Hunnnnh.”

A few moments later, the faint sound grew a little louder. A little bolder.

Thump, thump, thump.

Suddenly, he heard Buffy exhale.

“Oh!” she breathed out.

William knew that breath. Intimately. And what it meant.

That Xander and Buffy were making love.

“Yeah,” Xander rasped. As if to confirm that fact. “Fuck.”

It was enough to make bitter bile rise up in the back of William’s throat.

Thump, thump, thump.

“Mmmmmmm,” Buffy sighed.

William had thought it would be better. To know. Once and for all.

But knowing was worse. Far worse.

No, no, no, no, William thought. Finding himself slamming his head against the door of his study. Again and again and again. Not love. Just sex. Just…

Thump, thump, thump.

Suddenly, his wife gasped.

“Oh!” Buffy moaned. Loudly. “Oh my god!”

Now, Xander growled.

That was when it finally sunk in for William. What he’d done. What he was doing. This very moment. Listening to Buffy. His wife. The love of his life. Getting fucked. By Xander.

Oh Christ, William thought. His eyes opening and growing wide. What am I doing? What the fuck am I…

William spun around. Practically leaped across the room. Intent on ending this madness that had gripped him once and for all.

Only to be left frozen in his tracks by what he heard next.

His name. On her lips. In bliss.

“Oh Xander!” Buffy groaned. “Oh fuck!”

Thump, thump, thump.

Then her name was on his lips.

“Buff,” Xander rumbled. “Yeah!”

Thump, thump, thump.

Not love, William told himself. His eyes filling with tears. Not what we have. Just sex. Just…

“Oh god!” Buffy moaned.“Oh fuck! Ooooh!”

Suddenly, an image flashed before William’s eyes. Unwanted. Unbidden.

Xander sitting cross-legged on the bed. Buffy straddling him. They were in the Lotus position – a perennial favourite of Buffy for its incredibly intimate nature.
Their naked bodies glistening with sweat. Their foreheads resting against one another. She was still wearing her high heels.

Try as he might, William couldn’t stop seeing it. Seeing them. Intimately entangled. Intertwined. It brought him to his knees.

Buffy, William thought. Wretchedly. Head bowed and in his hands. Tears now streaming down his cheeks. My Buffy. My wife. My love. My…

Then, the images began moving. Their bodies were now rocking against each other. Forward and back. Back and forth. Slowly. Like the waves crashing against shore rock.

“Oh god!” Buffy was moaning. Blissfully. Raising her face to the heavens. Her golden hair falling down to her shoulders.

“Yeah baby,” Xander said. Lasciviously. “You close? Huh?”

“So close,” Buffy whined. “So. Fucking…uhhhhhh.”

Just sex, William told himself. Not love. Not what we…


William found himself curling up into a ball. Trying to block out the pain. By now, a veil of darkness had begun enveloping him. Finally blocking out the images.

“I’m gonna,” Buffy gasped. “Oh! I’mmmaaa….Hunnnnnnnnh.”

“Cum,” Xander growled. His voice harsh and demanding. “Cum for me baby.”

“Oh,” Buffy gasped. A moment later, she let out an ear-splitting, sky-piercing cry of pleasure. “Aaaaaaiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!”

William heard his wife’s voice hit an impossibly high pitch. Then shatter into a million pieces. Then, moments later, the billionaire let out an primal roar.

Afterwards, only the sounds of heavy sighs, heated breaths and bodies shifting heavily. Until he finally spoke.

“Yeah,” Xander said. Letting out a loud exhale. “Fuck. That was hot shit.”

Buffy was panting heavily. As if she’d just finished a sprint. Finally, she let out a deep, languid sigh.

“Holy shit,” she said. Finally. Taking a fresh gulp of air.

The astonishment in his wife’s voice was a dagger through William’s heart.

“I tried to tell you,” Xander crowed.

William just knew the billionaire was wearing a smug smile and a shit-eating grin at that moment.

“Shut up,” Buffy huffed. Then took another deep swallow of air. “Mmmmmm.”

Now, Xander chuckled.

“Could go again if you like,” he offered.

“Again?” Buffy asked. Incredulously.

“Yeah,” Xander said. Casually.

Buffy paused now. William could practically see the hesitation on her face. Her worrying at her lip with her teeth.

“Tell you what,” Xander said. “Why don’t we…..”

William heard the sound of a heavy body moving over the mattress.

“Leave it to my lucky Silver dollar,” Xander announced.

“You gotta be kidding me,” Buffy said.

“Tails we go again,” Xander said. “Heads we call it an early night. Deal?”

“Like, seriously?” Buffy asked.

“Ladies’ choice,” Xander said.

A few moments passed.

“Deal,” Buffy said. Finally.

William heard the clink of a coin being tossed and then caught.

“Heads,” Xander announced. Grimly.

A few moments passed. No one said a word.

“Screw that,” Buffy blurted out. Suddenly. “Let’s do it again.”

Now, Xander chuckled.

“Yeah?” he asked. Cockily.

“Yeah,” Buffy said. Breathlessly. “I wanna do it again.”

“C’mere then,” Xander said. Sounding elated.

Yet again, William heard the sound of bodies shifting over the mattress.

“Nuh uh,” Buffy said. Playfully.

“Oh come on,” Xander said.

“Did you really think it would be that easy?” Buffy asked. Haughtily.

“C’mere,” Xander said. Roughly.

Now, Buffy giggled.

“You’re gonna have to chase me,” his wife said. Playfully.

A moment later, Buffy let out a mock shriek. Then a wicked little laugh.

When Xander growled and Buffy sighed, William knew his wife and the billionaire were in each other’s arms again.

The last thing William heard before the darkness claimed him was her voice. As if she’d spoken it into his ear. He could almost feel her warm breath on his face.

“Oh,” Buffy gasped. “Oh my sweet lord.”

Then, only the darkness.

When William eyes opened again, he found himself staring up at a ceiling.

Where am I? he wondered. What was I…

It took him a moment to remember. When he did, William bolted upright. Only to find her in his chair.

Buffy was staring at his open laptop. A stunned look on her pale face.

“Buffy,” he said. Licking his dry lips. “I…. it’s not… I can explain. Luv.”

Finally, she looked at him. Her eyes were soft as she surveyed him. Then, they narrowed.

“What in the actual fuck, Will?” Buffy asked. Her voice straining. Her expression bewildered.

“I…” William began. Not knowing what to say. Where to begin. “Luv….”

“What… what the fuck is this?” Buffy asked. Her eyes disbelieving as she took in the screen.

“I mean… why the fuck do you have …” Buffy began. Shaking her head and looking horrified now. “I mean, how did you even…”

William winced. He tried to speak but he found his tongue tied.

For a moment, Buffy simply didn’t know what to say.

“What the fuck, Will?” she finally shrieked. Her voice reaching at least two octaves higher.

“Luv…” he began. Trying to soothe her. Licking his dry lips. “Look, I can… I can explain… just...”

“Did you watch this?” Buffy asked. Suddenly, she was staring at him. Her expression was forbidding.

“I…” William began.

“Did. You. Watch. It?” Buffy asked. Her voice was deadly now. Her eyes were blazing.

“Not…” William began. Catching himself in what he knew was a lie. “Only a little bit.”

That left Buffy open mouthed. And gaping at him.

“Why?” Buffy asked. Incredulously.

Her eyes were watery now. Her lip was quivering. Chin trembling.

“How could you do that to me, Will? Why would you do that to yourself? To us? Why?” she asked. She looked crestfallen. Heartbroken.

“I just…” William began. Finding himself unable to explain it to her. Why he just had to know. Why he needed to know. He could barely explain it to himself.

“We were happy Will,” Buffy said. Softly. A tear trickling down her face. “I was happy. And all you had to do was let it go.”

Buffy shut her eyes and took a deep, unsteady breath.

“But you couldn’t,” she said. When her eyes opened again they were hard. Her voice was severe. “Could you?”

William found himself with no answer.

“No, not with your pride and your ego,” Buffy added. Bitterly. Angrily swiping the tears away from her eyes with her hands.

“No, you just had to know,” she scoffed. Shaking her head.

William looked away. Unable to bear the pain he’d caused Buffy. Again.

“Well, congratulations Will,” Buffy said. Sounding utterly exhausted. “Now, you finally know that Xander was better than you than in bed.”

William flinched now. Like she’d stuck him in the face.

“Like, way better,” Buffy added. Cruelly. “I mean, it’s not even close, really.”

“Luv,” William said. Turning his face away from her. “Don’t. Please.”

Buffy found her anger flaring up.

“I mean, I could go into detail if you’d like. About how we did it. Where we did it. And how often.”

“Stop,” William said. Shutting his eyes. “Please.”

“It’s what you want right? To know all the sordid, seedy details?” Buffy sneered.

“Or maybe you’d prefer to see it for yourself,” she added. With disgust.

William found himself staring at the floor. His eyes filled with tears.

“You know what,” Buffy said. Rising from the chair, she dusted herself off. “I can’t. Not right now. I have to go.”

“Luv,” he said. When she attempted to brush past him, he touched her elbow. Trying to keep her from leaving.

“Don’t touch me!” Buffy shrieked. Then gulped back a sob. “Don’t you fucking….”

William backed off immediately. Letting Buffy flee. He sat there for a while. Staring into empty space.

What the fuck did I do? William wondered. Dazed.

Meanwhile, watching the developments on his Ipad from his suite on his luxury yacht The Sexy Bitch in the Bahamas,
Xander found himself enjoying a hearty cackle.

Being a billionaire is so much fun, Xander thought. Shaking his head. If only people knew. They’d burn us at the stake.

He’d been sunning himself on deck with a few supermodels when he’d gotten a message from his tech team.

Xander wasn’t about to miss this. Not for all the models in Milan. So he excused himself – to their surprise and chagrin – and immediately gone downstairs to his luxury suite.

One of his many attendants had been waiting with the Ipad and Bluetooth earphones in hand. With orders that he not to be disturbed.

Xander had been eagerly awaiting this moment. He’d ordered his tech team to watch William 24x7 and instructions to call, night or day, when William finally dared watch.

Curiousity is a strange and wicked beast, Xander thought. Reflecting on everything he’d witnessed gleefully over the past few hours.

“Paul,” he called.

The door opened.

“Yes sir?” the attendant said.

“Tell Irina I’d like to see her,” Xander said.

“Just Irina sir?” the attendant asked. Pointedly.

“For now,” Xander said. Smirking.

Bounding off the bed and to his bar, Xander quickly prepared her flavour of the month drink – the Kir Royale.

When Xander heard his suite door open, he swung around,
her drink in hand.

“Irina,” he said. Eyeing her with pleasure. “Babydoll.”

The blonde supermodel had swapped the hot pink bikini she’d worn on deck for a black and red lingerie. She was wearing her golden locks down. Just the way he liked it.

“Yes dahling?” Irina asked. Exaggerating her wispy Russian accent beyond recognition. Giving him bedroom eyes as she struck a seductive pose in the doorway of his suite.
“Something you need from me?

“Oh you bet,” Xander said. Grinning. He paused.

“Wanna get engaged?”